The Manga Zone discussion

Mangaka/s > CLAMP

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), WRRRRY! (last edited Aug 28, 2010 07:51PM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 3807 comments Mod
CLAMP is an all-female Japanese mangaka group that formed in the mid 1980s.

Man of Many Faces(complete)
RG Veda(complete)
Tokyo Babylon(complete)
Clamp School Detectives(complete)
Duklyon: Clamp School Defenders(complete)
Shirahime-Syo: Snow Goddess Tales(complete)
X/1999(hiatus)
Legend of Chun Hyang(complete)
Magic Knight Rayearth(complete)
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland(complete)
The One I Love(complete)
Cardcaptor Sakura/Master of the Clow(complete)
Wish(Complete)
Clover(hiatus)
Angelic Layer(complete)
Suki: A Like Story(complete)
Legal Drug(hiatus)
Chobits(complete)
xxxHolic(ongoing)
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle(complete)
Kobato.(ongoing)

*sigh* That's all the CLAMP mangas(not counting the Doujinshis they did in the 80's)...

message 2: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), WRRRRY! (new)

The Doujinshis consist of:

A group produced Doujinshi of Captain Tsubasa(soccor manga based on a video game)
And a Yaoi Doujinshi of Saint Seiya.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

CLAMP is awesome! it amazes me how much they've done.

message 4: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), WRRRRY! (last edited Aug 29, 2010 02:13PM) (new)

I really like the stuff they did in the 90's, but I lost interest halfway through Chobits, the first volume of Tsubabsa wasn't that interesting and I haven't read Kobato..

I read the two volumes of Man of Many Faces last night and it was around volume two that I picked up on a reference to RG Veda...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

i stoppedreading tsubasa after vol 28 or something, it got all confusing and messed up.

message 6: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), WRRRRY! (new)

Yeah, I just couldn't into a manga that shows tons of other CLAMP characters that I'd rather read about. Sakura is one of my least favorite CLAMP characters, sadly enough.
In the English Dub of the anime they made a big mistake, there is a character from X/1999 who has no gender, so in the Sub that person is called '-sama' but in the Dub they call that person 'Lady'...

message 7: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Clamp, their art is gorgeous, i've tried to re-create it and just.. wow, so much detail. It's fantastic!

message 8: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), WRRRRY! (last edited Apr 18, 2011 05:55AM) (new)

Andy wrote: "Clamp, their art is gorgeous, i've tried to re-create it and just.. wow, so much detail. It's fantastic!"

You should be a bit more specific, they have a few people doing art and when you look at the series they've done things tend to either look really Shoujo(Card Captor Sakura) or a more Josei side of Shoujo(X/1999).

message 9: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Ah, yes. I liked XXXHolic, Tsubasa, Card Captor Sakura and Angelic Layer. So the more shoujo side of their art.

message 10: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), WRRRRY! (new)

Yeah, since all Clamp does is Shoujo but I like the style they use in XXXHolic, Legal Drug, and X/1999.

message 11: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Legal Drug looked really cool, I started to read it in a book store but I had to leave before I could finish it... Maybe I should try to buy it...

message 12: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), WRRRRY! (new)

I read the first volume, I think it is a worthy buy...but if not for all the other stuff I have to buy I probably would get it.

message 13: by Andy (new)

Andy | 100 comments Okay, I shall definitely consider purchasing it then ^^
I have a lot I want to get as well...