Christian Support Group :) discussion

general > To Uplift One Another

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Breezy (new)

Breezy | 62 comments I am starting this with hopes that we can use this discussion as a way to uplift one another. Whether through verses of scripture or songs. Maybe you have a prayer request, or need to hear an encouraging word to remind you of Christ's love. Or maybe you have an uplifting story to share. I am beginning this with hopes that those of us who need respite from the maddening world can come here and feel loved, supported, and, yes, UPLIFTED. Please no debates, no arguments, no insults, no "I'm right and you're wrong". Only love and blessings. Thank you!

message 2: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Cole (authorcccole) | 17 comments Our God is an awesome God!!!!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments The price of love is loss,
But still we pay,
We love anyway.

message 4: by Breezy (new)

Breezy | 62 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "The price of love is loss,
But still we pay,
We love anyway."

I like that quote... who is that?

message 5: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (last edited Aug 28, 2010 09:37AM) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments It's from a musical that I'm currently in love with, Next to Normal. :D

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Sorry, I know what your talking about...I seem to be a more fierce person with an intense love for God...as in I want to pick up a sword and fight for Him.

message 7: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Cole (authorcccole) | 17 comments §♫♪Natasha Everett♪♫§ I♥God wrote: "Sorry, I know what your talking about...I seem to be a more fierce person with an intense love for God...as in I want to pick up a sword and fight for Him."

A Knight's Templar!!

message 8: by Sharissa (new)

Sharissa Spangler | 33 comments What are some of y'all's (sorry, I'm from the south) favorite Christians artists?

message 9: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Andrew Burchett

message 10: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Cole (authorcccole) | 17 comments Sharissa wrote: "What are some of y'all's (sorry, I'm from the south) favorite Christians artists?"

I'm from the south too. Writing art is obviously Faulkner, Capote, Grisham, Beth Henley, and I'm sure I'm leaving some out. Musical is Elvis!! Painting/drawing? I have some original art from local artists, but I don't know how famous they are. I say y'all, too.

message 11: by Sharissa (new)

Sharissa Spangler | 33 comments BarlowGirl, Superchick, Tobymac, Stellar Kart...only to scratch the surface though!

I don't think I've ever heard of Andrew Burchett...have to look him up.

message 12: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) He plays piano and I think (?) sings too.

message 13: by Sharissa (new)

Sharissa Spangler | 33 comments cool! Piano playing is awesome...and so is singing. (I do both, so I kind of connect a ton with music and musicians. :D)

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Sharissa wrote: "BarlowGirl, Superchick, Tobymac, Stellar Kart...only to scratch the surface though!

I don't think I've ever heard of Andrew Burchett...have to look him up."

Haha Innocent!!!! Thats the first thing I thought of. ooh...also Kutless, skillet, superchick, Hawk Nelson, Needtobreathe, Tenth Avenue North, Natalie Grant, Krystal Meyers, and Francesca Battistelli.

message 15: by Breezy (new)

Breezy | 62 comments Okay, so maybe I'm showing my age by saying so, but one of my favorite artists is Amy Grant (specifically 1980s... mostly before she went secular). A song she sang "In a Little While" was sung at my uncle's funeral when I was just a little girl, and it has been one of my favorites ever since. It reminds me that this life, no matter how hard it can be, is just the beginning... and perfect joy awaits us in a little while.

Got a ticket going home, I wish the officer had known what a day today has been. Then I stumbled thru the door, dropping junk mail on the floor. When will this day end? But then your letter caught my eye, it brought the hope in me to life, 'cause you know me very well, and I bet you wrote me just to tell me:
In a little while we'll be with the Father, can't you see His smile? In a little while we'll be home forever, in awhile... we're just here to learn to love Him! We'll be home in just a little while.
Boy, that letter hit the spot. It made me think of all I got and all that waits for me! I guess I've known it all day long, I wonder where my thoughts went wrong? When will my heart believe? Waking half- way thru the night, reaching towards the lamp, the light, seeking out the word I find. Here's another letter to remind me:
In a little while we'll be with the Father, can't you see His smile? In a little while we'll be home forever, in awhile... we're just here to learn to love Him! We'll be home in just a little while.
Days like these are just a test of our will. Will we walk or will we fall? Well, I can almost see the top of the hill, and I believe it's worth it all!