Books on the Nightstand discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Announcements > Please take our new reader/listener survey! - ends 9/30

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (akingman) | 2097 comments Mod
We want to know more about you, and learn what we can do better. Please take our survey, here: http://bit.ly/botnssurvey

All responders will be entered in a random drawing to win a Books on the Nightstand tote bag that includes copies of 2 books we can't wait for you to read!

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2752 comments Mod
Done!

message 3: by John (new)

John (taborcarn) | 45 comments Survey taken! Can't wait to see what the mystery books are, whether I actually win or not ;)

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Brady (dawnallyn) | 22 comments Interesting survey. Nothing like a little mystery to make life more fun!

message 5: by Dottie (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 130 comments Mystery or not -- I've confidence they will be good reading. Are you going to have tote bags we can acquire even if we don't win one in this giveaway? BOTNS members want to know -- you know?

I took the survey over on FB when it came across my homepage -- and it brought me here to catch up a bit.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I took the survey when it flashed across my twitter feed. I didn't know there was a prize until the survey mentioned it!

One thing the survey asked and that I should have clarified in the comments section was that I listen to the podcast from the blog page (I don't subscribe via iTunes.)

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael (mkindness) | 537 comments Mod
Dottie wrote: "Mystery or not -- I've confidence they will be good reading. Are you going to have tote bags we can acquire even if we don't win one in this giveaway? BOTNS members want to know -- you know?"

Hi Dottie-

We're working on bags, t-shirts, etc and hope to have things ready for order in a month or two!

message 8: by Chioma (new)

Chioma Uzoma (chiommy) | 4 comments just took the survey...nice n easy!

message 9: by Cobalt_Cin (new)

Cobalt_Cin | 2 comments Hello, my name is Stacey and I'm from New Zealand. I just took your survey. I have been a member of this group and several others on GroupReads for the past 3 days. SO thought i'd introduce myself! How's everyone doing?

I'm a huge lover of book, ever since I picked up David Edding's Belgariad series and began really reading when i was 14 I've loved books and reading. I'm especailly fond of fantasy, but I'll read nearly everything. I love my historical romances, historical fiction and some paranormal or urban fiction as well. I even read a bit of chic lit like Marian Keyes.

Here's a list of some of the authors I love:
David Eddings
Raymond E Feist
Mercedes Lackey
Tamora Pierce
Maggie Furey
Mary Janice Davidson
Patricia Briggs
Jane Austen
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Jacqueline Carey
Juliet Marillier
Diana Gabaldon
Karen Marie Moning
Georgette Heyer
Lisa Kleypas
Stephanie Laurens
Robin Hobb
Anne McCaffrey
Freda Warrington
Alice Borchardt
Yasmine Galenorn
Andre Norton

message 10: by Ann (new)

Tanya wrote: "One thing the survey asked and that I should have clarified in the comments..."

Yeah, we tried to list all possible permutations of interaction w/BOTNS, but it turned out to be waaaay confusing. It's obviously not a scientific study, and it's mostly to sate our curiosity, so the nuances are not crucial. Thanks for taking the survey!

message 11: by Lynsay (new)

Lynsay Tervit (lynsaytea) | 18 comments Done!!

message 12: by Tenoko1 (new)

Tenoko1 Done, too!

message 13: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 330 comments Done, me also

message 14: by Jzarah (new)

Jzarah | 3 comments Not that it's important, but I wanted mention the Stitcher App for iPhone. That's how I listen to my BOTNS podcast. I don't subscribe via iTunes.

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne | 9 comments Just took the survey!

message 16: by Ann (new)

Jzarah wrote: "Not that it's important, but I wanted mention the Stitcher App for iPhone. That's how I listen to my BOTNS podcast. I don't subscribe via iTunes."

Thanks, Jzarah! I'm always thrilled when I hear that people listen to us via Stitcher, probably because I requested that we be included, but never knew if anyone listened.

We originally tried to include every possible way to read/listen to BOTNS, but it got way too confusing, so we went with the most popular for simplicity sake.

message 17: by Alexia (new)

Alexia (crittersmom) | 29 comments OMG, I want a tote!!! I never win anything so I'm waiting with bated breath (should that go in the phrases that should die thread?) for BOTNS swag to go on sale.

message 18: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstybooks) | 116 comments I would LOVE a BOTNS tote. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to ship to the UK :)

message 19: by Beth (new)

Beth | 9 comments Did the survey. Keep up the good work!

message 20: by Jana (new)

Jana (jazziegirl2010) | 309 comments I just found your podcast this week. Took the survey and joined group (not in that order). I don't live in a cave...but really didn't know you were here. Perfect fit for moi.

I've already got 3 more books to add to my precariously stacked nightstand.

Many thanks!

message 21: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstybooks) | 116 comments Jana, you'll have lots more books added to your to-read list soon!!! Ann and Michael (and lots of other people here too) have some great recommendations!!

message 22: by Ann (new)

Jana,
Thanks! We would never think you lived in a cave. We like to think that we appear on people's radar when they need it, kind of like a fairly bookmother...

Seriously, I wish we could figure out how to better get the word out. Anyone have a connection with Oprah? ;)

message 23: by Jessy (new)

Jessy (jessycfischer) | 25 comments I have been trying out some of the other podcasts you recommend and I must say...none compare to BOTN! Would add that to my survey but already completed it!

message 24: by Ann (new)

Jessy wrote: "I have been trying out some of the other podcasts you recommend and I must say...none compare to BOTN! Would add that to my survey but already completed it!"

Aww, Jessy, thanks :)

message 25: by Dottie (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 130 comments It's October 1st -- hint, hint. Not that I'm anxious to know who was the lucky winner, of course. ;)

message 26: by Ann (new)

Dottie, Michael and I are at a conference all weekend, so you can step away from the computer with a clear mind. We'll choose the winner next week (need to confer w/Michael about when we are both free).

Sorry!

message 27: by Dottie (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 130 comments Let go of the mouse. Now get up from the chair. Hee-hee-hee-hee -- fine with me Ann and Michael. And I hope it's a great conference for you, too. As for the clear mind part -- I'm not so sure but that's not related to the computer nor Books on the Nightstand in any way honestly it's not. ;-)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.