Christopher Paolini (INHERITANCE CYCLE series) discussion

Welcome > Who or what do you think should Saphira, Thorn, Glaedr and Shruikan sound like

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments I want saphira to have a bit of an irish accent sounding like Andrea Corr of the band "The Corrs".

Glaedr husky voice like sam Elliot.

others are i'm still thinking.

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 53 comments I think Saphira would sound like.... Zoe Saldana , and Thorn like Jensen Ackles, Gleadr like Jeremy Irons, and Shruiken like Sir Ian Mckellen.

message 3: by Josie (new)

Josie | 53 comments Lol, I always thought Shruiken was a girl. I dunno why.

message 4: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments I some how thought Shruikan will end up with Saphirra. I Dunno why.

message 5: by Kara (new)

Kara (redheadedblondie) | 12 comments I did not like the way the movie portrayed Saphira's voice. I don't think it should sound so sweet and liquidy. I think she should sound like.... the woman equivalent to Liam Neeson.

message 6: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments but that will not portray her age.

message 7: by Kara (new)

Kara (redheadedblondie) | 12 comments Eh... Still... She's a dragon, so her voice should sound dragony

message 8: by Josie (new)

Josie | 53 comments lol

message 9: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 68 comments Her voice should be rough at times, but also at other times it should be somewhat smooth, because it is her thoughts that everyone hears, she doesn't speak through her mouth.

message 10: by Zack (last edited Oct 19, 2010 07:33AM) (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 68 comments Thorn should prolly sound rough, while Glaedr would be more regal and deep with millenia of experience. idk how shruikan should sound, so far we haven't even met him lol

message 11: by John, dr.evil from austin powers. YOUTUBE IT...NOW (new)

John | 1254 comments Mod
sjruikan probably dosent speak,

message 12: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 588 comments He seems pretty screwed up.

message 13: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 68 comments yep

message 14: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments maybe he sounds retarded.

message 15: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 588 comments ??? what ???

message 16: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments joke. :)

message 17: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 588 comments lol

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Zack wrote: "Thorn should prolly sound rough, while Glaedr would be more regal and deep with millenia of experience. idk how shruikan should sound, so far we haven't even met him lol"

hear,hear!

message 19: by Auroralumi (new)

Auroralumi | 69 comments Have you guys ever heard the Audio Books?? I think the Reader did a perfect voice impression for each dragon. I really like the idea that Saphira has a low, growling female voice. Thorn basically almost the same but with a younger male voice. Glaedr sounded older like a wise old man but with a strong voice that doesnt Waver.

message 20: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments No I haven't...the last time I heard a audio book was for a book i was reading in English class.

But I can look into the audio books for Eragon :) i had a friend who listen to them but he didn't mention the different voices..I guess you would have to expect that in an audio book.

message 21: by Auroralumi (new)

Auroralumi | 69 comments I listen to Audio books all the time to pass the time at work (I dont have to be on the phone, yay! lol) and after I read Eragon I missed it so much (just like Harry Potter) that I listened to it afterwards and the reader changed his voice to exactly what I thought they would sound like :p.

message 22: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments that's cool...the audio book follows the book right? like 100% and not just a "based off the book" story.

message 23: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments Out of curiosity I downloaded an Eragon audio book.

message 24: by Auroralumi (new)

Auroralumi | 69 comments It follows it to the T! the reader reads it off the book... not a Script or someone’s summary. Your able to open up your book and read along lol. I hope you like Harpoon! Tell me what you think :D My favorite Audio book reader is Jim Dale and he's the one that read the whole series of Harry Potter! he does the accents and everything

message 25: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments For a female dragon, Saphira's voice is scary.

message 26: by Jared (new)

Jared (therobot) | 152 comments yeah, it was really weird. I was expecting more of a female robotic type of voice

message 27: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments Female robot? Now that's weird. I do like how you can differentiate a character from another.

message 28: by Jared (new)

Jared (therobot) | 152 comments not really like robotic but a smooth, silky, consistency to her voice except when she's mad

message 29: by Auroralumi (new)

Auroralumi | 69 comments LOL Awesome! You guys are listening to it! Yea I thought that Saphira's voice was female enough for a dragon but scary to show that she is tuff and dont think she a typical female lol. When she meets Glaedr and gets all playful, her voice takes almost a flirty/girlie voice but still her voice... if that makes sense LOL. I wondered for a sec how the reader knew how to do that LOL. ^_^

message 30: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments okay that is good to hear! lol I'll check out the audio book at the library.

message 31: by Auroralumi (new)

Auroralumi | 69 comments Ursula the Strigoi wrote: "hello female dragons are ment to be scary"

ROFL basically ^_^

Enjoy Graziella!!! :D

message 32: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments thanks! glad to see there are actual audio books that follow the book. :)

I really wish though that the book I read for English was word by word. >< it was so boring I couldn't read the book....:( then I borrowed the audio book from the library only to find out that it was only based on the book...imagine my disappointment. ANYHOW that was a long time ago...I'm letting it go lol

message 33: by Auroralumi (new)

Auroralumi | 69 comments Lol NP :) yea that sucks when they cut the book short... Its called abridge audio book when they do. So when ur check out an audio book make sure it says unabridge :)

message 34: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments okay...will do. thanks for the tip :)

message 35: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments My audiobook is unabridge. Funny how my brother pass by my room sees me staring at the ceiling, then pass by again 4 hours later me doing the same thing. This is addicting.

message 36: by Jared (new)

Jared (therobot) | 152 comments i think that saphira sounded the way she should in the movie

message 37: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) I think Gerard Doyle did a great job of giving Sapphira a voice. I use to think the movie version for the voice of Sapphira was great, but Doyle just gave her the voice of a Dragon and it made all the difference for me.

message 38: by Auroralumi (new)

Auroralumi | 69 comments LOL I can totally picture someones face seeing their sibling just staring at the ceilin gfor that long ^_^ It really is addicing Harpoon! if it wasnt for my audio books at work ill go nuts! I agree with Taneka! I think it was perfect when Doyle did it too.

message 39: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments I miss my iPOd. It got stolen at a hotel. sob.

message 40: by Gab (new)

Gab | 2 comments Gleadr would sound like Morgan Freeman

message 41: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments hmmm.... I can go with that.

message 42: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) You know Shruikan reminds me of something.....I just can't remember :|

message 43: by Annalise (new)

Annalise  O'Connor (Annaliseoconnor) | 10 comments Gab wrote: "Gleadr would sound like Morgan Freeman"

OMG YES HE WOULD!!!! HE WOULD eeeeeehhhhhh *fangirl squeal*

message 44: by Annalise (new)

Annalise  O'Connor (Annaliseoconnor) | 10 comments i think firnen (even though hes not part of the question) would sound like movie-murtagh
Gleadr like morgan freeman shruikan.... i dont think he can talk. hes mad with grief and anger. if he could, i dont know, but i think he would a have a kinda high voice. sorry. umm then thorn. thorn would sound like i dont really know, i think he would sound kinda scared/intimidated or really deep