The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Another newbie here

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marcin (new)

Marcin (mggggggggg) | 8 comments Hello everyone!
I joined this gruop few days ago but i was here quite silent for today.
At start i have to sorry you for my not so far advanced english writing skills.
I was searching for books oriented social portal, working smiliar to other social portal (based on music).
I am young man who wants to be an electric-engineer in future. I have not so much time to read - everyday in train when i am riding to school and later when coming back home. Sometimes in bed before i get sleeping.
I prefeer fantasy and sci-fi books, but i also like horror, social, science, political and biography relases.
I don't buy books, usualy i get them from public library. I often take them randomly, it's great option to search great books which aren't much popular (i hope that you know what i mean).

message 2: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 94 comments Your English is fine; don't worry bout it. You're 19 years old, from Poland, studying to be an electrical engineer, and only have time to read on the train to and from school, or before falling asleep. AND, you don't buy books. Ouch!
No problem, I'll overlook that part since you're a student with no money. Do you have a personal computer, lap top especially, or, maybe an eReader? skip the eReader; I assume you don't.
If you happen to own a lap top, or a pc, there are tons of free eBooks to download. Plus, all of the classics are in public domain , free at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page. With a lap top you'll still be able to read on the train and before bed. But unless the train has an electric outlet, it'd be impossible with a pc, and uncomfortable in bed. :)
Since I've been interested lately in expanding my Polish readership, I'll eBook anything you see on my site that looks interesting. 'The Twain Shall Meet' is a good one. Email subscribe so I'll have an address to send attachments, and send a message.
j
www.jguevaranovels.com

ps: I was raised in Cleveland, so I probably know a few relatives of yours. :):)

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10021 comments Mod
Hi Capeone. Nice to see you participating here!
No worries about the english, as j pointed out, we understand you just fine!!

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Welcome Capeone . Don't be shy and don't feel intimidated. So you like books that others don't generally read? Do you try to read them in English or do you stay with Polish?

message 5: by Marcin (new)

Marcin (mggggggggg) | 8 comments Well i just don't buy books becouse there so many of them in public libraries. I like to discover interesing not well known books, for example Los mares del miedo
I don't like to read to much on PC, or lap, becouse my eyes feels tired after it.
I didn't read any non-polish writed book yet, i worry it would be too hard.

Lori - i see we have one book in common, The Regulators- i think i will finish it today.

message 6: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 94 comments You certainly came to the right place to find interesting not well known books :)Goodreads has the World's largest collection.

I think the Gutenberg project's books are in Polish. download and xerox them .