The Next Best Book Club discussion

CLOSED: Promote Your Site/Stuff > Bibliophiles on the big screen!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 636 comments So, on my blog, I posted about some of my favorite bookish people in the movies and on tv. I posed the question as to WHY aren't there more bookish people in the movies or on tv. I thought there would be more discussion about the subject so I figured I'd ask you all! I really want to talk about this!

http://perpetualpageturner.blogspot.c...

(I posted this here because I didn't want you all to think I was promoting my blog elsewhere)

message 2: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikareading) Oh, Belle! My dream home includes the library in "the beast's" mansion. Every time I think of the perfect library, I picture that panaramic scene where the beast takes her there for the first time.

One of my other favourites is Lex Luther from Smallville. Whenever he's trying to make a point to someone he quotes an author or a story from mythology. He's a bit insane, but the book smarts make him a fascinating insane person!

I think it might be hard for some tv writers to have bookish people in their shows just for the reason that, when you are reading, you kinda just sit there and stare at a book which isn't very interesting for us viewers to watch! It could be done well when it is done though, like the quoting of books or shows that take place in bookshops (Ellen and Stacked were two I watched at some point). I wish there were more.