SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Other Discussions & Chats > Do you read multiple books at the same time?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crusader (new)

Crusader (crusaderza) | 2445 comments Mod
I can't seem to manage to read multiple books at the same time (a couple of chapters of book A mixed with a couple of chapters from book B).

I know some people that manage to do it that way, but it just drives me crazy. When I start a book I want to devote all my attention to that specific world and the characters that inhibit it from start to finish.

How about you guys?

message 2: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
I read atleast 2 books at a time. I have a book I read in the bath. And a book I read in my bed on the laptop.

I used to think its crazy reading several at a time. But now I know no other way!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I often read more than one book at a time, but one of them will normally get preference. So I'll have a 'main' read that will get most of my reading time, and then something I'm reading on the side: a book for my studies, an easy read I'm carrying around in my bag for queues, commuting, gym, etc. or a book that I'm simply reading more slowly, like non-fiction or a more complex fiction work.

I used to only read one book at a time, but now I have so many books, and so many things I want to read about, that I am never satisfied with tackling just one thing at a time. Admittedly, I'd prefer to be more focussed.

message 4: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments I usually only read one book at a time on most occasions although whenever I have nothing to do at work I end up reading two; one book one ebook.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Yeah, e-books are great for reading at work, when you have nothing to do. Somehow, I feel very bad picking up a book, even though I have no work, but reading an e-book on my pc is ok.

message 6: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments Lol I thought I was the only one who gets that guilty feeling when pulling out a book in the office.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I even feel weird doing it on my lunch break - I'd rather go outside and read. It's easier to concentrate, and I can avoid the office busybodies who will start gossiping about how I'm slacking.