Team Edward discussion

Ok...,Well twilight haters...show us YOUR idea of good books please

Comments Showing 1-50 of 269 (269 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Alright, twilight sucks. Twilight is not invented. Edward is nothing but a name. What is our faveourite book than?

message 2: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 366 comments Well, my most favorite book of all time is The Lord of the Rings. Some of my other favorites are Dragon Rider, Narnia, Straight From the Horse's Mouth, His Dark Materials Trilogy.

And since Twilight is a romance book, here is my list of favorite romance novels, North by Night, Walk Two Moons, and of course, The Amber Spyglass.

message 3: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments Harry Potter series
The Anne of Green Gables series (romance, kinda)
The Percy Jackson series.
The Maximum Ride series.
There are heaps.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Clair wrote: "Well, my most favorite book of all time is The Lord of the Rings. Some of my other favorites are Dragon Rider, Narnia, Straight From the Horse's Mouth, His Dark Materials Trilogy.

And since Twilig..."

Narnia is amzing! I didnt know you would read that.(i dont mean that offencive in any way!)Such a clever write! You read all of them?

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments Mine:

Maximum Ride
Inheritance Cycle
Fallen series
Ranger's Apprentice
Last Apprentice
Etc....

message 6: by Claere (last edited Aug 25, 2010 10:54PM) (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 366 comments To Violet: Yes, I DID read all of them. All of them more than three times. I don't mean to be unpleasent or anything, but I love it's deepness. It's metaphors..... And I have to say that Twilight might have gotten a little bit of influence from it.

message 7: by Alice (new)

Alice  (Alzie) | 50 comments firstly i am not a twi hater and i just want to know why they joined our group?My fave romances are
1. TWILIGHT SAGE
2. THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS
well the list goes on and on but i wont bore you all.
you can hate but please dont trash my fave book and movie,it is rude and insensitive,i dont trash Narnia or Harry Potter,both of which i hate.Thnx so much.
-Twihard

message 8: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika Alzie wrote: "firstly i am not a twi hater and i just want to know why they joined our group?My fave romances are
1. TWILIGHT SAGE
well the list goes on and on but i wont bore you al..."

I love them to. though i like Narnia and HP also.. But you are rite our opinion should be respected.

message 9: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire Violet wrote: "Alright, twilight sucks. Twilight is not invented. Edward is nothing but a name. What is our faveourite book than?"

Thanks for asking. :D

1. My favorite book ever is Harry Potter, hands down. I don't even see how people can begin to compare it to Twilight. Just looking at the ideas (because I could rant about this for days, I assure you), Harry Potter is clearly much more original. While Meyers combines every vampire story ever and Romeo and Juliet, Rowling takes the old fantasy of witches and wizards and creates a school, multiple sports and magical objects, an entire government, tons of spells, and not to mention the amazing plot. And that is all I shall say on that.

2. The Book Thief, which is an amazing novel about World War II in Germany and is MUCH more interesting than it sounds.

3. The Hunger Games. Obviously, everyone has heard of/read this book. If not, you've been living under a rock or something. XD

These are my top three at the moment, but I could definitely go on (and on and on and on...), but I won't. XDD

message 10: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 366 comments Harry Potter is fun. But it's not profound enough for my taste. I did adore it as a favorite book for most of my life, but after I read a few modern classics, it's quite a bit back.

message 11: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire ... Alrightie then. Everyone has their own opinions, I guess.

message 12: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 366 comments Yep. But I know that maybe a hundred years from now, Harry Potter is going to be a classic:)

message 13: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire Oh, definitely. XD And Twilight will be long, long forgotten. (Sorry Twihards, I just had to add that. It's true, though.)

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments Alzie wrote: "firstly i am not a twi hater and i just want to know why they joined our group?My fave romances are
1. TWILIGHT SAGE
well the list goes on and on but i wont bore you al..."

I agree with you :) I dont like narnia and harry potter either. Gah they bothered me lol

I agree with you about twilight (duh) the mortal instruments were good as well :)

my favourite (aside from twilight novels are

wolves of mercy falls books
hunger games series
study series
glass series
evernight series
pellinor series
the last song
and others

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) Classics. As in Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Charles Dickens etc. Twilighters who haven't read P&P should really do so.

message 16: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika My Fav. are
Twilight;
wolves of mercy fall;
Evernight seres;
Never let me go;
The notebook;
A kiss in time;
Once a witch;

And yes in Classics I like Oscal Wild N Jane Austen .

I do like Narnia and HP seres also .But not as much as other books.

message 17: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 366 comments To Soph: You don't like Narnia?! But it's like such an amazing book. Three hundred years from now it'll still be here and by then it will be a timeless classic. It has less chance of being a classic than LOTR, but still it's going to be, I pridict it! I didn't know so many people didn't like Narnia.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) And she doesn't like Harry Potter. Now that's just weird....

message 19: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 366 comments That's even more amazing. O.K Narnia might just be a little too classic, but Harry Potter..... I NEVER heard of ANYONE who didn't like it.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I just fimished Halo and im in love!

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments Clair wrote: "That's even more amazing. O.K Narnia might just be a little too classic, but Harry Potter..... I NEVER heard of ANYONE who didn't like it."

yes I am weird and proud of it lol................its just my view

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments Violet wrote: "I just fimished Halo and im in love!"

I want to read that :)

message 23: by Kara (new)

Kara (kara_writes) | 128 comments Soph wrote: "Violet wrote: "I just fimished Halo and im in love!"

I want to read that :)"

:D same.

message 24: by Skittles (new)

Skittles (lola131313) | 45 comments wow I'm glad we're not fighting and there aren't any haters on here! I like hunger games, twilight, red kayak, double identity and a lot more!

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments I'm still here. I still hate Twilight.

message 26: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika ^^But we are NOT FIGHTING on it over here and thats a good thing.

message 27: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika Soph wrote: "Clair wrote: "That's even more amazing. O.K Narnia might just be a little too classic, but Harry Potter..... I NEVER heard of ANYONE who didn't like it."

yes I am weird and proud of it lol........."

And we respect it lol. And I don't think you are weird you are just having your own choice and there is nothing wrong about it .

message 28: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 366 comments Yes there's nothing wrong about it. It's just suprising, that's all. Say, Soph, are you a Atheist?

message 29: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments Yes. It is weird not debating with Soph and Violet and Shwetika, but just discussing books normally. But anyway.

I think Halo was written by a Melburnian, if I am correct. And I live in Melbourne. And the author's quite young...

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments Clair wrote: "Yes there's nothing wrong about it. It's just suprising, that's all. Say, Soph, are you a Atheist?"

interesting question lol............no I am catholic
are you?

message 31: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire I thought Halo was a game... or something.

message 32: by Skittles (new)

Skittles (lola131313) | 45 comments wow thanks for telling me to read some great books!!

message 33: by Kara (new)

Kara (kara_writes) | 128 comments Lizzy wrote: "and theres' more, let me go look XD

ooh i forgot Tamora Pierce, big fan!"

Yeah, I really like Tamora Peirce :D

message 34: by Kara (new)

Kara (kara_writes) | 128 comments yup!

message 35: by Kara (new)

Kara (kara_writes) | 128 comments hmmm, I don't know.....

message 36: by Kara (new)

Kara (kara_writes) | 128 comments That's probably because shes not as well known as stephanie Meyer.

message 37: by Kara (new)

Kara (kara_writes) | 128 comments I don't agree.

message 38: by Kara (new)

Kara (kara_writes) | 128 comments meh, I still think that more people would have heard of Stephanie Meyer than Tamora peirce, but, I could be wrong, I don't know.

message 39: by Kara (new)

Kara (kara_writes) | 128 comments hmm, that's your opinion.

message 40: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments Anything is better than Twilight.

message 41: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments XD *agreement dance time*

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments GSGS wrote: "Anything is better than Twilight."

again I repeat what kara said. Thats your opinion.

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments really? hmmm I think even you can name a crap book that you think is worse then twilight.

message 44: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments heh... like WHAT?

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments I dont know your taste in books so I cant say. But there definitly is you guys just wont admit it.

message 46: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments I cant actually say any books I like less than Twilight...

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments ok thats just sad lol

message 48: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments Twilight's sad.

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments yes in some parts it is. But thats what makes it great.

message 50: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments No, not sad as in, the plot. I mean it's pathetic.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6