The Feature Presentation discussion

Books to Movies > Recasting

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 65 comments Mod
So there have been ups and downs when it comes to our favorite characters on the big screen. What was one of the worst casted movies you've seen? Is there anybody you think could have done better? (looks as well as acting)

message 2: by Caitlin (new)

I, for one, hated Slughorn in the 6th harry potter movie. Thats not how i pictured him at all!!!
I would've preferred somebody along the lines of a heavily bearded Robert DiNiro, short a little pudgy. Just that type of face.

message 3: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
Yes! You're so right! That slughorn was wayyyy to slim! They even said in the book repeatedly that he was very plump!

message 4: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) I just have to say that when they cast for the hunger games they had better do a good job...

Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~ (Heesica) | 54 comments And the Host. I don't really like the guy they have cast for Jarred.

message 6: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) i know i think they should have alex pettyfer or ben barnes to play Ian.... *sighs*

message 7: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
OMG!!! Alex should totally play Ian!And they're making The Host into a movie? Gasp

message 8: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) I know its awesome but if they do a bad job then i will..... someone will... not have a very...... nice.....evening.... grr to whoever cast jarrad...

message 9: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
I never liked Jared anyways. There's something about the host that just makes me want to read it again and again though I don't own it so this makes no sense.

message 10: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) hmm well i have read it about 4 times and i luv Ian sooo much:)

message 11: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
I think Ian is way better than Edward (sorry twilight lovers) because he feels more real

message 12: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) yes i agree so much.. i never liked Edward he was just to unreal.. like you said Gorfo.

message 13: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
Stephanie Meyer pretty much created the perfect lifeform. And and I hate to quote Hanah Montana but "nobody's perfect" like not even God.

message 14: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) I know i totally agree.....

message 15: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
She makes me soooo angry now-a-days. Like I've been debating reading The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella like ....to read or not to read...to read...or not to read....

message 16: by Caitlin (new)

To NOT read. it looks awful and like just another way to make money.

message 17: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
I know...but if rd it it means I can complain loudly about it afterwards and plus I won't be purchasing it so I won't be giving HER any more money

Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~ (Heesica) | 54 comments I read it and I loved it, but thats probably because I'm a massive Stephanie Meyer.

message 19: by Gorfo (new)

Gorfo | 213 comments Mod
Ah well that's ok. I used to be one myself.