The Hunger Games-Roleplay discussion

Information > Never read the book, but want to roleplay? Look here!

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten (last edited Nov 28, 2013 11:58AM) (new)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Here should be enough info for those who haven't read the book, but want to rp.I figure this will save time in the future.

Okay, so the country is called Panem. It was broken into 13 districts, and the capitol. There is no district 13 in the games, cause it was blown up by the capitol as a way to warn the other districts what happens when you rise up into rebellion. The other 12 districts serve the capitol. They supply all the food, fabrics, coal, etc(look at the topic, "Districts" for more info).
As a way to remind the people in the districts that they(the people of the capitol) are in control, and as a way to provide entartainment for the capitol people, they made the Hunger Games. One girl, and one boy from ages 12-18 are taken from each district and put in the Arena, where they will be video taped, recorded, and broadcasted on TV.
The arena can be anything from a forest, a mountain, an island, a desert.... anything. In the arena they have to kill eachother off. Some are killed by Gamemaker(the people in charge of the arenas) traps.
The goal is to be the last one standing. If you are, you win. You get a spot in the Victors Village, you are rich, have plenty of food, and your district will not be starving as it probably usually is, and will recieve food for the rest of the year.
When you roleplay, you are one of those kids in the arena. It's kill, or be killed.

Directions to start rping:
So, make your character and post it the current character page.
There are a few things you should do(it's not required, but I find it fun). Before the games, there are several things the tributes do. They go on a Chariot Ride, they train, and they go through an interview. They also recieve training scores that tell others how good you are at your skills, without giving away your actual skill. The scores are from 1(being the worst) to 12(being the highest). All the things I listed(chariot ride, interview, and traning scores) are there for the capitol people to see, and place bets, or even better, sponsor you. If you are sponsored, you get things while you are in the arena. And that could be life, or death.
So... yeah. Make a character.
Post in Chariot Ride.
Post in Interview.
Post in Training Scores.
Then post in the other side rping spots and the Training Center as you wait for the arena.

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ Awesome, good idea to think of this. I want to read Hunger Games but I don't have a lot of time to read now a days.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 76 comments Okay. Just as a warning, these people post fast. If you can keep up, we all are amazed.

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ I'm planning to. =P

******☠Ŗąνĕŋ☠****** (DeathIsAMelody) | 2511 comments We DO post fast!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay...you joined Isabella! We currently don't have any openings for a new Arena...sorry! Just wait a while and we'll have one soon :)

******☠Ŗąνĕŋ☠****** (DeathIsAMelody) | 2511 comments Like another month....or 2

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 76 comments I second that. Now wait..... Are there two Ravens in this group? This is odd.......

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, Raven with the little symbols and then just plain Raven. Also, plain Raven tends to have a creepy anime picture.

******☠Ŗąνĕŋ☠****** (DeathIsAMelody) | 2511 comments Yes. My picture is usually an animal or a background or something abnormal. (Like Yoda Pod))

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments ♪Ravenϡ♪ wrote: "Like another month....or 2"

No! Not that long. Lol, we'll have a new arena up, as soon as John posts the Keeping Track thing for arena 7. We were gonna wait for 4 or QQ to end... but they are taking a while to wrap up...

******☠Ŗąνĕŋ☠****** (DeathIsAMelody) | 2511 comments JOHN HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, calm downn...:)

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ ♪Ravenϡ♪ wrote: "Like another month....or 2"

That's perfect, so by then I should have read the book.

message 15: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) I want to read the books but I can't find them. Grr.

But Wait! I don't get it; the boy and the girl are placed in the arena and have to try and kill each other? Just tell me yes or no :P

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Yes. There's 24 tributes placed in each arena. Even those in the same district have to kill the other one from their district in order to win.

message 17: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Ok thankies!

message 19: by tallfubar (last edited Apr 23, 2011 04:41PM) (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

.) ARGH IT LOST AN EYE WHERE IS IT'S OTHER EYE???

. Oh there it is :P

message 20: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Yeah, so sadly I still don't get it much; Two district teams are placed in the arena, right? They are teams? And they have to kill the other district team? That good?

message 21: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) | 1251 comments There are 12 Districts. A boy and girl are sent from each district into an arena. The tributes must kill each other. There can only be one survivor. You may be stuck killing you distict partner. Also, you can make teams, or alliances, as they call it, with anyone.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Yup. What Briaq said. But even if you make alliances, you may have to turn around and kill them because only one can win.

message 23: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Ok...I THINK i got it now.

message 24: by Fariha (new)

Fariha | 3 comments I've never read the book but can I do roleplay?

message 25: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) | 1251 comments Absolutly (sp?)! Feel free to ask questions; everyone will help to answer them.

message 26: by Misbah (last edited Apr 25, 2011 04:37PM) (new)

Misbah (misbahkitten) | 5 comments Thanks,im still on 2nd book i also didnt read while thing too

message 27: by Misbah (new)

Misbah (misbahkitten) | 5 comments Im sorry but i still dont know how exactly to make a charrie

Andromeda (Jenna) (hufflepuffsheirloveslee) Well, first book should be enough for this RP, Misbah. :)

message 29: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) | 1251 comments You go to the arena that is open (go to open arenas topic to see a list). On the first post of the character topic for that arena there will be a format. Copy it into a post, and fill in the blanks. There will also be a list of taken and dead characters. You need to pick one that is open. Hope this helps.

♥Emi Love♥ Come Along, Pond | 1060 comments I got bored so I decided to read this.. But isnt it ages 12-17?

message 31: by Kåiłeē (new)

Kåiłeē (kailee-one-who-hates-cheerios) | 2977 comments 12-18

♥Emi Love♥ Come Along, Pond | 1060 comments Oh ok. Sorry havent read it in forever

message 33: by Kåiłeē (new)

Kåiłeē (kailee-one-who-hates-cheerios) | 2977 comments Ur fine!!!