Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > Monthly Challenge Updates

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments My apologies for the lack of regular updates for the monthly challenges in recent months. Real life has been rather attention-grabbing of late :)

I'm working on things now and should have them up to speed by the end of day ... barring any interruptions from builders, husband, children, dog, bursting of water pipes (yes, I had another one!), etc! So, please, bear with me, my head WILL be back in the game shortly.

Oh, and thank you Ann aka Iftcan for bringing to my attention that I hadn't posted the final update for June :)

message 2: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments No worries, Mel.

It's not as if the totals will change whether you do it right now, or later....LOL!

However, when members start asking for it, it lets you know that they are actually waiting for it, so your work is totally appreciated. : )

Macwolf01 [Elise] (macwolf01) | 1012 comments I'm with Yz ... no worries, life gets in the way of reading and playing on RRRC. We still appreciate all you ladies do!!!

message 4: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 822 comments I concur. I look foward to the updates but they are nothing compared to what's going with you right now, Mel. After all, they're just updates. Take care of your business.

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 4260 comments What I can't believe is the 2nd water pipe bursting. Did you kill a brown dog in a previous life. LOL.

No worries on the updates, whenever you get to them is fine. We all know how we did anyway.

Hope things get better !!

message 6: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments Thanks for understanding, guys :) I might have to head over to Buzz's Bar later tonight and stack one on!!

Sandra, don't recall killing a brown dog in a previous life but I'm starting to wonder!! Another useless, absolutely serving no purpose, valve in the ceiling in the dining area. No books damaged this time but it was too darn close to my brand new kitchen and new appliances!! Managed to get water switched off before it spread too far into the kitchen. I am just very thankful that a couple of the builders were still here and one of their plumbers was just around the corner on another job site and came to my rescue :)

I was busy with the 13yo and two of her friends yesterday but I've got June and July done. Will finish up August's and the post them all at the same time.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) Forget the brown dog Sandra--she had to have done a LOT more than that. We're talking smashing mirrors, walking under ladders, stepping on cracks, killing albatross. . . . . .

message 8: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments Perhaps I ran over a Chinaman in a former life (one of my mother's favourite sayings!) then - sheesh!

:)

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments I can honestly say I've never heard "Perhaps I ran over a Chinaman in a former life". Not even a variant of this.

And Mel, there's always a stool waiting for you at Buzz's. I think I need to change the motto to 'Get Buzzed at Buzz's!'.

message 10: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments It's an old Aussie saying, Jim, or a variant thereof. Knowing my mother, she's added her own quirk to it which means it probably bears little resemblance to the true saying :)

Buzz's is definitely on the agenda for the weekend! I wonder if hubby will notice if his bottle of Patron goes missing :D?

message 11: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments Oh, and btw, June's totals are up :)