Team Gale discussion

Discussions > Mockingjay - Spoilers if didn't read yet!

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex | 1 comments Hey so Mockingjay came out and I was just wondered what everyone thought of Katniss's choice. :(

message 2: by Gabry (new)

Gabry (gabyhd) Is it strange that I didn't mind? I think Gale handled it well, I wish that there was more of him in the end besides learning that he had a job in 2, because I was disappointed learning that.

message 3: by Esha (new)

Esha (emaiti) i didn't mind either. however, i was one of gale's bigggggest fans until mockingjay, and i don't like how gale was made as an extremely jealous and sort of selfish character, and i wish he and katniss were still at least just friends and he lived in district 12. i was in a bad mood after reading the book. D:

otherwise, i thought it was pretty. good.

message 4: by Gabry (new)

Gabry (gabyhd) e.♪♫ wrote: "i didn't mind either. however, i was one of gale's bigggggest fans until mockingjay, and i don't like how gale was made as an extremely jealous and sort of selfish character, and i wish he and katn..."

That was the thing that bugged me. It was mentioned that the two were oh so very close friends and them.... it just ends. What happened to their friendship?! Argh.

message 5: by Gabry (new)

Gabry (gabyhd) e.♪♫ wrote: "i didn't mind either. however, i was one of gale's bigggggest fans until mockingjay, and i don't like how gale was made as an extremely jealous and sort of selfish character, and i wish he and katn..."

That was the thing that bugged me. It was mentioned that the two were oh so very close friends and them.... it just ends. What happened to their friendship?! Argh.

message 6: by Gabry (new)

message 7: by Gabry (new)

message 8: by Esha (new)

Esha (emaiti) me too. i thought FINNICK WAS AWESOME in the last book. (yeah, i kindaa just a little converted to finnick after reading bout him and gale. i love gale but why was he so......UGH! lol.) poor gale! i wish he was made a nicer characterr. even my friend who's team peeta read the book and said she hated it.

why make the last book so depressing?! :'(

message 9: by Ariane (new)

Ariane (seeker15) | 32 comments i just finished the book and am currently throwing a hissy fit

message 10: by Ariane (new)

Ariane (seeker15) | 32 comments my favorite part was page 198 haha i still don't get though, how Katniss and Gale were so close during the final assault on the Capitol and after it ended, they just fell apart. i guess because of what happened to Prim, but still. i'm really upset that it seems like not only did they not get together, but they're not even friends anymore.

message 11: by Esha (new)

Esha (emaiti) yeah, i was especially pissed cuz katniss and gale aren't even friends anymore. maybe if they were still friends and gale would have gotten over katniss/peeta i would have been happy. but what's wrong with that?! D: grrrrr.

message 12: by Ariane (new)

Ariane (seeker15) | 32 comments wow. i was seriously just about to say the same thing!!! hahaha but yeah. i could've accepted Katniss+Peeta so much easier if Katniss and Gale were still good friends. i always loved their dynamic and the way they worked together, so seeing their friendship absolutely destroyed just made it so much worse.

message 13: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) I cannot believe that Suzanne Collins just threw away Gale without Katniss and him keeping their friendship or anything. Ok, I'll admit. I always thought that Katniss would choose Peeta, but he didn't need to turns his back on her and head off to District 2!

message 14: by Ariane (new)

Ariane (seeker15) | 32 comments Yes! I guess I too knew deep down that she would end up with Peeta, but I still expected her and Gale to be good friends! Now it seems like they're not even in contact anymore! No matter what happened in the war, I don't get how that could have destroyed the bond created by however so many years of helping each other and watching each others' backs in the forest. It MIGHT have been Gale's fault that Prim died (which, by the way, is easily the most ironic thing that could've happened), but that wasn't confirmed. I think I'm angrier about Katniss and Gale's friendship being destroyed than her ending up with Peeta.

message 15: by Esha (new)

Esha (emaiti) same here! D:
haha now i need to read more books to take my mind off that one.
you guys know what helps a lot?
reading katniss ♥ gale fanfiction.
it REALLY helped me. xD

message 16: by Ariane (new)

Ariane (seeker15) | 32 comments that's exactly the kind of therapy i'm planning on using :D

message 17: by Esha (new)

Esha (emaiti) you go to fanfiction.net!(: and then Books, and then Hunger Games, and then for character A/B choose Katniss E./Gale H. and they're mostly romance and there are also ayyyylot more fanfiction on hunger games that are adventures and stuff and they're really really good! (at this point, i avoid the peeta/katniss or gale/madge ones, b/c of mockingjay. xD)

message 18: by Esha (new)

Esha (emaiti) your welcome(:

message 19: by Ariane (new)

Ariane (seeker15) | 32 comments did anyone else think that Prim dying was the absolute most ironic thing imaginable?

message 20: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) Yes. I also converted my love to Finnick Odair. Gale is still awesome, but I'm a little upset. Also, why did Finnick have to die! His story about selling his body was so sad!!! :( I nearly cried then. But at least they got married and Annie had a son.

message 21: by Esha (new)

Esha (emaiti) ME TOO. i loooooove the part where he and annie got married! and now i'm in love with not only gale, but i read the first book for the Max Ride series and i loooove Fang!! sorry that's kinda off topic but my best friend just read m.j. too and she hates it! how dissappointing is it that katniss was RELIEVED whenGale left!!!! D':

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan | 7 comments OMG i finialy got to read mockingjay and i'm with everyone why does katniss have to give gale the cold shoulder? and cinnas death killed me along with finnick and prims it was very sad and i want to know more about what happend to gale!!!!!!!!!

message 23: by Megan (new)

Megan | 7 comments 5

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan | 7 comments WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

message 25: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) i give it 5 stars

message 26: by Esha (new)

Esha (emaiti) oh. i gave it two stars. hahah you guys can read my review. it's very intense. it's more like a rant, though....(: *smiles sheepishly*

message 27: by Kimberleigh, the second one (new)

Kimberleigh | 29 comments Mod
I only gave it 2 stars, because that ended totally SUCKED. Like, it won my "worst ending ever" award, it was that bad.

message 28: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) Really, I liked the ending. It definitely was thought-provoking.

message 29: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinemoghimi) It didn't bother me too much but he didn't kill prim the lady did that's what botherd me

message 30: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) I wish that Gale would've come back to visit Katniss at least!!!!!! Also, i cried when i read about what happened to Prim.. and I refuse to believe that it was Gale!!! I believe that President Snow was lying through his bloody teeth!!!

message 31: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) I think Gale reminds me of Fang too... the strong, silent, AND DEADLY!

message 32: by Esha (new)

Esha (emaiti) Did you guys hear about the casting?

message 33: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) no! what is it???

message 34: by Esha (new)

Esha (emaiti) Okay, so they're considering this one guy named Gabriel Liotta for Peeta, and they're CONSIDERING Gaspard Ulliel for Gale. That's what I've heard, but the thing is, they've already started filming the movie and the final actors have not been announced yet.

message 35: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) They've been announced now!! ((i hope not... but oh well..)) it was on ImDb... everyone is talking bout it!

message 36: by Charisse (new)

Charisse | 3 comments They aren't starting filming till may23 they have only fasted for gale peter and katniss open casting calls arenjust begining today...

message 37: by Charisse (new)

Charisse | 3 comments *casted

message 38: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) gale: liam hemsworth

peeta: josh hutcherson (i wish he was gale instead)

katniss: jennifer lawrence (anyone wanna tell me if she's good?)