Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

General > Intros

Comments Showing 1-50 of 165 (165 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
Come on in and tell us who you are and why you love Julie Garwood...

I'm Pamela and I love her yummy heroes!

message 2: by Karla (new)

Karla Well, I've never read Julie Garwood so I'm looking for recs!

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 116 comments Mod
Hi, I'm Danielle. Unrepentant bookworm, Goodreads addict, and habitual group-joiner. I first read JG years ago. She doesn't disappoint. Thanks for the invite, Pamela!

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Karla wrote: "Well, I've never read Julie Garwood so I'm looking for recs!"

I highly recommend her. Especially her Medievals :)

message 5: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Howdy! I'm Kathrynn and I've only read one Julie Garwood book, "Slow Burn" and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have "For the Roses" (or something like that) earmarked "to buy" based on recommendations from GR friends, too.

Hope to learn more about this author from the group. :-)

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Kathrynn wrote: "Howdy! I'm Kathrynn and I've only read one Julie Garwood book, "Slow Burn" and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have "For the Roses" (or something like that) earmarked "to buy" based on recommendations..."

I really liked For The Roses but I LOVED her medievals and highlanders historicals. She has the yummiest heroes.

message 7: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Really. Are her books steamy or pg13? I can't remember.

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

hmmm, probably more pg13 by today's standards.

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (creeker) I'm Creeker, And I love Julie Garwoods historicals she's my number one author. The Bride is my all time favorite. Thanks for the invite Pamela :)

message 10: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 7 comments Hello all, I'm Wendy, I live in Utah. Since I don't live in a really exciting place I love to read to take me places that are exciting. I love JG because she brings romance and suspense together and keeps me wanting more. I especially love the Contemporary Romances. I have recommended them to all of my friends. Although I have read a couple of her Historical's I prefer the Contemporary ones.

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Welcome everyone :)

message 12: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 7 comments Hi! I'm Gigi. I've actually never read any Garwood. However, I've heard only great things about her. I can't wait to read her. This is going to be fun! Thanks for inviting me!

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) Hi, I'm Annie and I love Julie Garwoods historicals!! I'm not must of a contemporary reader so I have not read any of her contemporary books. I read all her historicals a long time ago so I'm now re-reading her. Her books are magical!!

message 14: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Hi Gigi and Annie. Enjoy!

message 15: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 10 comments Hi, I'm Julie. Thanks for the invite, Pamela. Julie Garwood is one of my original favorite authors. She came highly recommended by my MIL, so I started reading some of her books nearly 20 years ago. I never got around to finishing her backlist, so I'm slowly working on that as well as doing re-reads. I like both her historicals and contemporaries, in large part for the yummy heroes, feisty heroines, and humorous banter.

message 16: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Hi, Julie... she does have some yummy heroes!

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Hi, I'm Michelle. I've only read one Julie Garwood novel - The Secret. I think it was one of the best historical romance novels that I've read. I've been kicking myself for not reading her novels sooner. When I was younger, my mother was always reading a Garwood novel; I had no idea what I was missing!

message 18: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

welcome Michelle and happy reading :)

message 19: by Fran (new)

Fran Hi, I'm Fran. I've recently discovered Julie Garwood and have read 3 of her Medievals so far- love them! Thanks for the invite GiGi!

message 20: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Hi Fran and welcome

message 21: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Hi everyone! Nice to see so many familiar names! I've read a few of her books - my favourite is Prince Charming and I have quite a few on my tbr.

Thanks for the invite, Gigi!

message 22: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Welcome, Tammy. We don't see Prince Charming as a fave very often but it is a good one. I loved that scene in the ballroom.

message 23: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Thanks Pamela - I forgot one, of course -- I read The Secret in June and really liked it as well.

As I don't remember the scene in the ballroom (was it at the beginning?) I could probably put Prince Charming back on my "to-read" list! A re-read never hurts when the book is good, right?

message 24: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Tammy wrote: "Thanks Pamela - I forgot one, of course -- I read The Secret in June and really liked it as well.

As I don't remember the scene in the ballroom (was it at the beginning?) I could p..."

Yes, the ballroom scene was in the beginning.

message 25: by Melody (new)

Melody (auntiemelody) Hi y'all
I'm Melody, and I am a pretty new JG reader.I discovered her when I joined Goodreads. I have read 6 of the Buchanan series, ( which I've loved).With Mercy being my favorite! I just have Fire and Ice to read. And I've also read Sizzle and The Clayborne Bride series. I am looking forward to reading more of her books

message 26: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Hi Melody and I know you'll love the rest of them too.

message 27: by Melody (new)

Melody (auntiemelody) Thanks Pamela :)

message 28: by Shonna (new)

Shonna (sclaude) | 10 comments I have read all her books except one, what I love most about her books is she puts humor in them all, and gotta love those alpha males.

message 29: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Same here, Shonna. I've read everything except Sizzle. I hope to get my grubby little hands on it soon.

message 30: by Crazypiggyhk (new)

Crazypiggyhk | 5 comments Hi all, I'm Helen.
I discover JG about 10 years ago and love her even since. My love affair started with The Bride, so lighthearted and funny. Then on to The Wedding and the rest is history. Of her more recent one, I love Shadow Music and Shadow Dance. Currently reading Sizzle, I'm going to take it slow on this one ^_^

message 31: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Welcome Helen! Great to have you here.

message 32: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 116 comments Mod
Welcome, Helen!

message 33: by Melody (new)

Melody (auntiemelody) Welcome Helen!

message 34: by Crazypiggyhk (new)

Crazypiggyhk | 5 comments Thanks for having me ^_^

message 35: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Our pleasure!

message 36: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) Hi everyone, I'm Dina and I'm a Garwood-holic. :) I love her historicals, especially her medievals. I haven't read any of her contemporaries, because I've heard they're disappointing and I don't want to "tarnish" my love for her work.

message 37: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (last edited Apr 10, 2011 04:12PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1033 comments Mod
Hi, Dina! You made it here! Great! Does this mean I'm going to be reading some of your wonderful reviews on JG's historicals?

message 38: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Welcome, Dina

message 39: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) Thanks, Lisa Kay & Pamela. :) This is going to be one of my favorite groups.

Lisa Kay, I've read almost all of Garwood historicals and I've written reviews on all of them. No pics, though - at least, so far. I might revisit them in the future and add some visual aids, LOL.

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Hi Dina. Glad you joined!

message 41: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Dina, Good to know. I'll start reading. No, wait...maybe I'll hold out for the droolable hunks. LOL!

message 42: by Megan (new)

Megan Hi! I'm Megan. I love Julie Garwood's historicals. Her witty writing and charcters just draw me in every time.

message 43: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Hi, Megan! Welcome

message 44: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) Thanks, Danielle. :)

Lisa Kay, I can assure you I'll have the most fun finding "my" Garwood heroes, LOL.

message 45: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Hey, Megan! Welcome.

@Dina, And I'll enjoy drooling over them.

message 46: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Welcome, Megan!

message 47: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (detailoring1) | 2 comments I'm Kayla, and I've been a Julie Garwood addict since I first read "Ransom", back when I was 16. (So 10 years now.) I've read almost every book she's written, and own several of them.

I LOVE that her heroines are relatable and strong! After being part of a book club that read the Twilight series, and reading what a whiny weakling Bella was, I had to read some Julie Garwood to recover!!

message 48: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Welcome, Kayla!

message 49: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Welcome, Kayla!

ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 5 comments Hello everyone, this is Punya and I love Julie Garwood HRs. I have only one wish, that JG would start delivering more of her Highlander magic! :/

« previous 1 3 4