Clean Reads discussion

How Many of you ...

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (emarsh13) are starting Mockingjay today??? I loved both the first two books, and we live minutes from bookstores, and I can't get the book!! I'm home too sick to stand, being mocked by the knowledge that it's out there and I can't have it ... and my husband doesn't think that my need of Mockingjay is a good enough reason to take a sick day and get it to me. Woe is me!

message 2: by joy (new)

joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire* (joytotheworld) | 98 comments oh! you poor thing!! i'll tell you how it ends... ;)
jk, i haven't been to my mailbox yet as it's raining buckets. i'd go get it for you if i could! i really don't want anyone to die for lack of a book!

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mejojac) | 50 comments Started it this afternoon, but had to put it down... I want to pick it up again right now, but I know if I do, I'll be reading all night long!!!

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mejojac) | 50 comments Okay... so I read all night long :) Should not have picked it up. It's very violent and gory. PG-13 in it's descriptions... but I still liked it :)

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (emarsh13) Finally got my hands on it .... and I'm so torn! I didn't love it as much as I thought I would, and now kind of feel let down.

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (Avid7Reader) | 30 comments Worked until 2:30, got home to find it on my porch. (I love you, amazon.com!).
Finished it, and was initially disappointed, and then I thought about it again, and decided I really loved it.
I won't say more, don't want to spoil it!

message 7: by joy (new)

joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire* (joytotheworld) | 98 comments no more!! no more!!
i am forcing myself to re-read 1 and 2 first. it's torture!!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (Avid7Reader) | 30 comments Joy wrote: "no more!! no more!!
i am forcing myself to re-read 1 and 2 first. it's torture!!"

My friend and I anticipated our own desire to reread the first two and started a couple days ago :)

message 9: by joy (new)

joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire* (joytotheworld) | 98 comments yeah, yeah, yeah. enough gloating already. i tried, but ... well, i tried.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess Myname | 46 comments I am so glad that others have the same torn feelings as I did with these books. I plowed thought all of them just eating up every last drop of them... but then when I thought back about the fact that they where to have been teen books, and that kids where killing kids I started questiong my love of them... and started feeling a bit gulty. It is so hard seting bountrys for yourself. I am still torn about these books weather or not to put them into my probably should not have read section or not.