Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Sunday August 29th Read-A-Thon

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments This is for the Sunday August 29th Read-A-Thon. I plan to start at 10 and go until about 6pm (eastern standard time).

Right now Dawn and Kelley Anne will be participating, feel free to join us if you would like!

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 536 comments Well, I'm doing one that same weekend for another group, so I'll sign up. I'm so bad.

message 3: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments We will be glad to have you and hey knocking out two birds with one stone is a good thing!

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Would it be bad to do it again... ;)

message 5: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I don't think that it'd be bad to do it again! Come join us! I'm not sure yet how many hours I am going to be reading that day. I am starting my hours today, going to get as many as I can in and then will finish on that Sunday.

message 6: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Come join us for a book or two Jess!

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Well, you've both twisted my arm lol. I will read a book or two :)

message 8: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Good Morning, I have been trouble deciding what to read. I decided I wanted to read a little non-fiction first so I am reading House of Cards by William Cohan , I have been wanting to read this book for a while.

message 9: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments So it has been a while since I checked in. I am about to take a break, but here is where I am I read about 5 chapters in House of Cards and I am halfway through Sin Undone.

Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione this book is so great!

message 10: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Sorry! Had a bit of family drama this morning so am getting a late start! So I ended up reading 15 hours on Tuesday which leaves me 9 hours today. Time to get started! It's 2pm local time for me which means that if I read straight through I can be done by 11pm. I'll probably take an hour off for dinner though so plan to finish about midnight! I'm going to start out with a Lora Leigh book, but I just have to figure out which one. I have a ton of them on pdf format and i can't remember which one I read last! I think that I am on Megan's Mark.

message 11: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Scratch that! I am on Wolfe's Hope. Time to get started! I'll let you know how it goes!

message 12: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Hey Kelley Anne!
I am still reading Sin Undone. Reading very slow today but whatever!

message 13: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Nothing wrong with reading slow! Sometimes I find that I enjoy a book more if I read it slow. Otherwise I always tend to miss things. That's one of the reasons that I love audio books. You can't race through it and you don't miss anything!

As for my book, I was in the mood for a pure guilty pleasure book today. I can only read Lora Leigh when I am in the right mood. Otherwise her books kinda drive me crazy!

How's Sin Undone? I actually haven't read any books by that author yet.

message 14: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Sorry ladies, I had something come up and was unable to do read with you both. I'm glad to see you are enjoying yourselves though :)

message 15: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments That's ok! Things come up!

message 16: by Kelley Anne (last edited Aug 29, 2010 04:34PM) (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments BTW - Finished Wolfe's Hope. Typical Lora Leigh. Big on passion, sometimes the story gets a bit lost because of it!

Started reading Blood Law. Since it's a BOM and I've had it sitting on my desk all month I figured I need to finally get around to it! A little bit late in the month, but oh well!

message 17: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Ok so that was a really long break ...company with wine I mean who could resist LOL. However I did manage to finish Sin Undone. Great book!

Kelley Anne I love this series it is urban fantasy with a romantic angle, the series have a lot of everything I highly recommend it!

Jess no worries thanks for stopping by though!

Kelley Anne I have that book (Blood Law) as well. I think I will read along with you for a bit.

message 18: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Sounds good. I'm actually going to take a quick break right now for dinner. You'll probably easily catch up to me by the time I get back! And No I probably couldn't have resisted either! :)

message 19: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments I keep taking so many breaks, and why am I so addicted to bridezilla????

Anyway about Lora Leigh I like some of her books and others I can barely finish. I think it is the whole dominate I will beat you down sexually that just grates on my nerves LOL. At any rate I totally get what you mean when you say you have to be in the mood.

Anyway I doubt I will get very far in Blood Law but so far so good. I like that she is a vamp with hunger issues. I hate it when vamps are too cool to desire blood LOL.

message 20: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Ok I am done for the night.
Kelley Anne I hope you are enjoying Blood Law it started to get really good.

My totals today are 8 hour reading time. I finished Sin Undone, in Blood Law and House of Cards I read to chapter 6.
I will post my total pages later.

message 21: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I am really doing bad today! On Wed I read straight with very few breaks. Today my 1 hour off for dinner turned into 4 hours because my best friend who lives out of state showed up out of the blue. So I still have 5 hours to go. Let's see if I can read through until 3am. I'm used to staying up all night, so as long as I like the book enough I should be able to do it!

message 22: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I give up! I just can't get into Blood Law. I'm about 100 pages in and it just isn't keeping my attention. The way that I am going I'll never be able to stay up until 3! So, instead I am grabbing another guilty pleasure and reading Jacob's Faith. We'll see how that goes!

message 23: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments LOL @ Kelley Anne yesterday was crazy for me too I wonder if it was just that kind of day. You know congrats for trying though!!Blood Law was totally confusing in the beginning. I was like wait who are you?? It was a mess but then I started to get into it.

message 24: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 536 comments I was very bad (to my family) and read 12 hrs. 15 minutes on Sunday. I finished Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready and The Time Weaver (Drakon, #5) by Shana Abé , couldn't finished Killing Moon and started Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh . Pretty good if I say so myself.

message 25: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Way to go Carolyn!!

message 26: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Good job. I ended up falling asleep while reading. Last time I had looked at the clock it was 1am, so I ended up with 22 hours in 2 days. Not too bad! And I agree Dawn. I think that it was just that kind of day!