Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > Haven

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 280 comments Does anyone watch this besides me. I'm in love with this show and Duke.

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 48 comments I really like it. And Duke is great. So are the two newspaper guys.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 107 comments i have never heard of it ... when and what channel?

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 280 comments it's on the syfy channel

message 5: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (carmstr1) | 14 comments I really like it, too. I tried to get into The Gates and just could not - it was too slow for me.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 280 comments Haven is faster pace the The Gates

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Yeah, I like Duke too. He kind of reminds me of a satyr in his face. And the 2 newspaper guys are great (not sexy, but you gotta love the characters.)

message 8: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (carmstr1) | 14 comments Those 2 old newspaper guys are a trip! The ME seems to be getting more friendly with what-her-name. She may find out who her mom was and that she has some sort of 'super power'.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 280 comments Duke does kind remind me of a satyr too. The old guys are just too funny. I can't wait to see how this show plays out

message 10: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments I thought the whole scene where the newsmen were helping her choose a dress was priceless.

I kept thinking they'd reveal Duke and Nathan as brothers. It was just the vibe I was getting from their rivalry.

I'm hoping they drop more hints about Audrey's mother soon. There must be something particularly special about her, because Audrey's boss was the one who led her back to Haven. What does he know!

message 11: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (carmstr1) | 14 comments The Flooze (Michelle M.) wrote: "Audrey's boss was the one who led her back to Haven. What does he know?"

Good question!

message 13: by Mollyscribbles (new)

Mollyscribbles | 47 comments I love the reporters. They're the main characters in the book, which I like more in some ways. But Haven is the enjoyable kind of crazy.

Though, I feel left out of the fandom because I don't really ship anyone. I guess I'm just that weirdo in the fandom who simply wants everyone to be platonic friends. Or frenemies.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 280 comments I can't wait til Friday. I got my mom watching the show and she really doesn't like paranormal shows all that much. She did watch Dark Shadows.

message 15: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (carmstr1) | 14 comments Mollyscribbles wrote: "
Though, I feel left out of the fandom because I don't really ship anyone. I guess I'm just that weirdo in the fandom who simply wants everyone to be platonic friends. Or frenemies."

I don't understand. please explain.

message 16: by Shiree (new)

Shiree (paranormalmomma) I love Haven!! I started watching it when it first started along with the Gates and I thought The Gates would be the better show just by watching the previews but I was soooo wrong. Haven to me has much more interesting characters and plots.

message 17: by Mollyscribbles (new)

Mollyscribbles | 47 comments Charlotte, which part do you want me to clarify? It's that, in most of the communities where Haven is discussed, everyone goes on about how Audrey and Nathan should get together, or Audrey and Duke, or Nathan and Duke . . . but I don't really support any of those couples, think that they're better off not tossing romance into the mix. I just don't see that kind of chemistry between any of them.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 280 comments I think the should have a little romance. I like the ldea Audrey should be with who ever she wants.

message 19: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (carmstr1) | 14 comments Mollyscribbles wrote: "Charlotte, which part do you want me to clarify?"

The part about 'I don't really ship anyone'. What does that mean?

message 20: by Mollyscribbles (new)

Mollyscribbles | 47 comments Ah. Ship is a fandom term, developed in the mid-90s at best estimates, derived from the root term 'Relationshipper' (and later, 'shipper'), meaning someone who supports a certain couple getting together.

By saying I don't ship anyone, I mean I don't really support any given pairing hooking up.

message 21: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (carmstr1) | 14 comments Mollyscribbles wrote: "Ah. Ship is a fandom term, By saying I don't ship anyone, I mean I don't really support any given pairing hooking up."

Oh. OK. I never heard that term before. My new word of the day.

message 22: by Colette (new)

Colette | 33 comments I love this show. I thought they were going to give AUdrey and Duke a shot but did anyone see the last episode when Audrey kisses Nathan's cheek and notice what happened? I won't give too much away in case anyone didn't watch it yet. I also hope to find out more about her mother.

I watch the Gates and yes it was slow in the beginning but the last couple of episodes it's gotten pretty good. I heard it wasn't doing to well in the ratinsg though so it may not be back after this summer.

message 23: by Mollyscribbles (new)

Mollyscribbles | 47 comments The Gates took a while to get to the point, which is that the cop needed to clue in to the paranormal aspects of the community so that he could actually do his job. By being able to ask someone and tell the difference between "Potential break-in" and "werewolf kid sneaking back after a run", it makes him more effective at his job.

message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather (sparkleyturtle) | 151 comments Colette wrote: "I love this show. I thought they were going to give AUdrey and Duke a shot but did anyone see the last episode when Audrey kisses Nathan's cheek and notice what happened? I won't give too much away..."

I think they are still going to go with the Audrey and Duke thing maybe. It would be nice to see two guys going for the affection of a woman that is trying to learn to have a life outside of the job.

message 25: by Colette (new)

Colette | 33 comments Good I hope they still put Audrey with Duke. I wasn't sure about him at first but now I love his character. And I can't wait to find out the issues between him and Nathan...

message 26: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

I know, I can't wait either Colette. And like someone said early--they sure do ACT like siblings, don't they? I mean, really.

message 27: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments They do, Ann! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who got that impression. There seems to be an underlying closeness there. Perhaps they were just best friends in childhood who went separate ways.

I was wondering what the connection was to King's book. Thanks, Molly for mentioning it!

message 28: by Mollyscribbles (new)

Mollyscribbles | 47 comments The Colorado Kid is pretty good, but very different from the show. Something weird happens, but it's more of a normal-level weird than you'll see in the show.

message 29: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Sep 05, 2010 09:30AM) (new)

I don't know about the best friends thing. Remember the episode when Duke gets the restaurant? It was implied heavily that Duke had been best friends with the 2 brothers. Since the one that lived said "You're the only one left, and it's almost like keeping it in the family" when he gave the restaurant keys to Duke. (well, words to that effect, not sure that's them verbatim)

message 30: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Ahhhh. Yes, that's true, Ann!

Molly, Stephen King did normal-level weird? Crazy!

message 31: by Mollyscribbles (new)

Mollyscribbles | 47 comments Yeah. It's more the sort of weird that you might encounter on Unsolved Mysteries than his normal fare. And, as the reporters did more digging than the cops on this one, I'm getting impatient for Audrey to get around to asking them about the matter.

message 32: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Molly--she's asked them a couple of times. They kind of put her off a bit. I think that the producers are having them stall in order to keep interest up or something.

message 33: by S.L. (new)

S.L. (sabby34) I love this show! it is getting really good, that most recent episode was awesome!

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 280 comments I missed some episodes

message 35: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 48 comments I was upset about a character they killed this past week. 9/10

message 36: by S.L. (new)

S.L. (sabby34) ya me too

message 37: by Renee (new)

Renee Rearden (reneerearden) | 23 comments I LOVE this show. Saw the episode where Audrey kissed Nathan and he FELT her touch. Very cool twist. So didn't see that coming...and I should have. If an episode aired after that, I missed it. :(

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather (sparkleyturtle) | 151 comments yeah, they just had one this past Friday. birthday party for Audrey (but I will say no more on that)

message 39: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

I haven't seen it yet, so ssshhhhh

was sick on Friday (migraine) and went to bed at like 5:30--PM, not AM. Normally it would have been about 2 or 3 AM. But when a migraine hits--its just, go to bed, turn off all lights, threaten to put mittens on the cat and kill any humans that come near, turn the ac down as low as I can get it and then TRY to sleep it off.

message 40: by Heather (new)

Heather (sparkleyturtle) | 151 comments That's why I stopped. Everything else is good. :) Did you tape it? If not, you might be able to see the episode on syfy.com

message 41: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments I wasn't happy with that character going either! And I like that they're advancing the whole Lady in the Picture mystery!

message 42: by Colette (new)

Colette | 33 comments The Flooze (Michelle M.) wrote: "I wasn't happy with that character going either! And I like that they're advancing the whole Lady in the Picture mystery!"

I liked the Lady in the Picture mystery too! And I'm happy that Duke has some info on her and is going to help her out because he is my favoriate character.

message 43: by Renee (new)

Renee Rearden (reneerearden) | 23 comments Now I have to see if I can watch the episode I missed on syfy.com. My cable compnay has an on demand feature, but they don't have the episdoe I want to see listed yet. Hmmm...I know what I'm doing on my lunch hour today! =D

message 44: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

My cable company has On Demand too--its just that about half the time the stupid thing doesn't WORK. And if its one of those times--it freezes up the tv and box, and you have to totally unplug the box and let it reset. Which is, as I'm sure you all agree, a major pain.

message 45: by Renee (new)

Renee Rearden (reneerearden) | 23 comments Just caught up on the last few Haven episodes I missed.

*******************spoiler***************************

Loved how Nathan kissed Audrey to see if she was the real Audrey.
body snatcher: "How did you know it was me?"
Nathan whispers: "Because I can feel it when Audrey touches me. I don't feel anything with you."

Makes the heart flutter...

message 46: by Heather (new)

Heather (sparkleyturtle) | 151 comments Renee,

****spoiler****

Yup, now he is fixated on feeling something. The little things. She is like his drug. I think I am hooked.

message 47: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments The last two episodes or so have really upped my interest level! It has a lot to do with them getting more deeply into the mystery surrounding Audrey. Also, the actors seem to be growing more comfortable in their roles.

message 48: by Heather (new)

Heather (sparkleyturtle) | 151 comments This past Friday's episode was just fun. Love Duke being the distraction.

message 49: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

lol, I too loved Duke's distraction in that one. Especially the order to strip. Gotta love that long, lean drink of water. :oP

message 50: by Cece (new)

Cece A (cecea) Did anyone see the season finale of Haven?

« previous 1