Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Lisa Unger Contest-I won!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mary/Quite Contrary Phillips | 459 comments Well, I was a runner-up. Lisa was giving away an IPAD through her facebook page. A very deserving (I'm sure) person won the IPAD, but I was selected along with 4 others as runner-ups. We each will receive 5 of Lisa's books, first edition, signed, hardbacks. The titles are:

Beautiful Lies (2006)
Sliver of Truth (2007)
Black Out (2008)
Die for You (2009)
Fragile (2010)

Anyone read any of these or have any comments on them?

message 2: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7889 comments Congrats, MQC. I haven't read any of these so let us know how they are.

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3619 comments Mary/Quite Contrary wrote: "Well, I was a runner-up. Lisa was giving away an IPAD through her facebook page. A very deserving (I'm sure) person won the IPAD, but I was selected along with 4 others as runner-ups. We each wil..."

congrats!
i've read the first 3. liked them but don't ask me for any details..lol

message 4: by annodluvsbks (new)

annodluvsbks | 101 comments Mary/Quite Contrary wrote: "Beautiful Lies (2006)
Sliver of Truth (2007)
Black Out (2008)
Die for You (2009)
Fragile (2010) "

Mary,
Congrats on your win! I've read them all except Fragile. Liked the first two, didn't care for Black Out. Recently read Die for You and it was very unputdownable. Hope you enjoy them. :)

Mary/Quite Contrary Phillips | 459 comments Excellent...I'm looking forward to it.

message 6: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3536 comments Congrats. I have the 1st one and black out and almost bought Die for you last week (read prologue and 1st chapter and put it back to get next time)

message 7: by JanG (new)

JanG | 165 comments Mary/Quite Contrary wrote: "Well, I was a runner-up. Lisa was giving away an IPAD through her facebook page. A very deserving (I'm sure) person won the IPAD, but I was selected along with 4 others as runner-ups. We each wil..."

Mary,
I read the first 3 on your list and I recall that they were good but it is imperative that they be read in order. Some series you can get away with reading out of order but these reveal vital information that would ruin the book if you went back and read #1 after the others.

Mary/Quite Contrary Phillips | 459 comments Jan...thank you for telling me that. I didn't realize it was a series...I thought they were standalone thrillers. I was going to start with Fragile. THANKS JAN

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments I won a copy of Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay from Bookreporter.com. I look forward to an opportunity to read it when it arrives! I noticed that several of the group members have read it. ;)

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3619 comments Ann wrote: "I won a copy of Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay from Bookreporter.com. I look forward to an opportunity to read it when it arrives! I noticed that several of the grou..."

lucky! i read sarah's key and liked it a lot. good story plus i learned about something i never knew happened.

message 11: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Lucky you, Ann. I also read Sarah's Key and enjoyed it. Enjoy!

message 12: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3536 comments I'm waiting for a copy from my cousin who lent her's out and said she will let me borrow it when she gets it back.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sarah's Key (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tatiana de Rosnay (other topics)