Naked (Alex Kennedy, #2) Naked discussion

SPOILER question

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heather Alex doesn't believe that Anne's baby is his, but she had unprotected sex with him at the end of EC; does anyone else think the baby is his, though he denies it? Do you think he believes that he isn't, or is he subconsciously suppressing the possibility?

Sonya Gosh, I had the same thought, too! His inability to be honest about his involvement with the married couple was too much for me. I doubted his sincerity afterward. Therefore, when denied that he was not the father, I did not believe it.

Rustye I thought Alex admitted to Olivia he was the father of Anne's baby towards the end of Naked but he considered his relationship to the child the same as Olivia does with her child. At least, that is what I got out of it.

Cindi Me, too, Rustye. Actually,I thought it was amazing just how the two of them could talk themselves out of honesty ... Alex drove me crazy by not TALKING! Argh! But Olivia also needed to get realistic about dating a man she thought to be primarily gay. Just a typical Megan Hart book :)

Rustye You are so right! I would like to see another book dealing with Alex's relationship with James. Those two need to deal with it in someway but I can't imagine how. I would also like to see something about Anne and James, their relationship and James' feelings about raising Alex's child. It sure would an interesting book!

Cor Cordium I loved this book. I was so relieved that Alex got his HEA (well, as much as Megan Hart will give). I was so in love with his character.

As far as the baby goes, he absolutely knew it was his (birth child), but he is not the "father"...just as Olivia is not the "parent" of her birth daughter.

message 7: by Fashionista (last edited May 22, 2012 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fashionista I loved Alex too! There was something so raw, passionate, and dapper about him. He definitely has "IT"!!!

Melissa Alex is hottt!!! I loved him in Tempted!

Traci Alex actually said, "No" it was not his baby when he did the math of Anne's age, but he said in the book he should ask her

Debbie I was under the impression that Alex is the father of Anne's baby, too. And I SO love, love, LOVE Alex! I know he's got some hellacious issues, but I adore him, baggage and all!

message 11: by Nona (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nona Raines This is a question that I had, too. My feeling was Alex is the biological father and knows it, but didn't press the issue. Anne and James are the "real" parents. But I would have loved to know what James and Anne discussed when they learned she was pregnant. Did they just pretend it wasn't an issue or what? I love how Megan Hart leaves a few loose threads to tantalize us, but part of me wants all the i's dotted and t's crossed.

Julie Nona wrote: "This is a question that I had, too. My feeling was Alex is the biological father and knows it, but didn't press the issue. Anne and James are the "real" parents. But I would have loved to know what..."

Yes, that's exactly what I got out of it also.

message 13: by Marie (last edited Feb 01, 2013 08:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marie I personally think the baby is Anne, James and Alex's kid. Olivia's description of the baby was: blond hair like James, fair complexion like Anne and deep grey eyes (which are definitely Alex's eyes!). It is possible for a mother to give birth to twins with different fathers so I would say it's possible that the kid has both DNAs of James and Alex.

And Alex said to Olivia that if the kid was his, so what, he definitely is not the father just like Olivia is not a mother to Pippa though she gave birth to her.

I wished there were would be a POV novella of Alex again. He is soo mysterious I wanted a glimpse of what was going through his mind again. I wish to see things from his perspective again the moment he had laid his eyes on Olivia.

RavenclawNumber1 @Marie, I agree with you on the necessity of another novel. Alex was very mysterious and I was dying to know what he was thinking about in the following scenes:

Their first meeting was charming. We met a very different Alex. Instead of being flirtatious, he was uneasy and awkward. He even had goosebumps.

Why he was outside in the first place on New Years. Olivia found him outside with a cigarette he wasn't even smoking. Why did he want to escape Patrick's party?

Why he refuses to drink in front of Olivia, or even talk about the drinking.

Why he stared at Olivia's half naked body so hard it made her feel uncomfortable and shy. When she asks why he did so, he calls her beautiful, but she doesn't believe that's what he was really thinking at that point. We never find out.

Then finally and most notably, the final two chapters. Like WTH. (0_0) I love this book like crazy though. I just feel like I need answers.

message 15: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Rustye wrote: "I thought Alex admitted to Olivia he was the father of Anne's baby towards the end of Naked but he considered his relationship to the child the same as Olivia does with her child. At least, that i..."

I thought the same thing. It didn't seem to me that he denied it completely but that he simply said that even if he was the biological father of the baby, it wasn't his because Anne and Jamie were the ones raising him.

message 16: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Rustye wrote: "You are so right! I would like to see another book dealing with Alex's relationship with James. Those two need to deal with it in someway but I can't imagine how. I would also like to see somethi..."

There is a short story about the relationship between Alex and James. It's called Everything Changes. This is Alex's perspective as to what happens leading up to the relationship with Anne and Jamie.

Norma Kat wrote: "Rustye wrote: "I thought Alex admitted to Olivia he was the father of Anne's baby towards the end of Naked but he considered his relationship to the child the same as Olivia does with her child. A..."

I'm on the same page with you those were my same thoughts

message 18: by C (new) - rated it 4 stars

C I would like to see Alex and Jamie romance in another book, there are so much more to explore.....besides, for me, they are the real couple in the author's mind.....

message 19: by Bess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bess I have to disagree with you guys. He did that Cam was not his child and really believe that he said that about Cam bc Olivia was judding him!!
I really like them together and they will deal with their lives...

message 20: by Dhfan4life (new) - added it

Dhfan4life Just finished it. And yea to me Alex definitely said without saying it that Cam was his child. Just basing it in terms in the way Olivia felt about Pippa.

Probably even more so than how Olivia felt because at least Olivia copped to making a mistake with some random guy and getting preggars and adopted her daughter out to a loving couple. Whereas with Alex, he knew he had unprotected sex with Anne that last time and also what his feelings for both her and James were at the end of Temnpted. But as he couldn't get what he wanted most out of that relationship and kept just hurting everyone involved he cut himself off from both of them.

But as usual let some years go by til he started contacting James all over again. Even though he knew Anne didn't want anything to do with him again.

To say the least Alex is one of the most lovably messed up characters I've ever freaking read. And the people around him aren't winning any IQ tests either!