Stop Product Testing On Animals! discussion

Mars candy > Does Mars Candy kill animals? I don't know, but PETA sure does.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Great post! I do agree with the cancer statment because that is nessecary. I just dont agree with the companies that dont have to test but do so anyway. Thank you for posting this information! I did not know about the PETA doing that. Thanks Vie! :-)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I read your http://www.petakillsanimals.com/ , but is it the only site that claims they do?

-Vie: Would you mind if I posted this on my facebook for my friends to see? I'll give you credit for it, of course.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Alrighty, and thanks. :)

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Wow you really did you research!! Good job :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

:-)

message 6: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments Good... *Nods with approval*

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Vie wrote: "Please read the entire text before commenting. I know it's long, but bear with me.

I noticed a discussion board citing the website http://www.marscandykills.com as proof that the Mars Candy co..."

Why don't they test on themselves? Why are animals life any less valuable then theirs? *raises eyebrow*

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

haha! Good point. anyway i bet all of the testing animals are way more adorable than them :-)

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) lol yes.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Kat, th3 krazi 1 wrote: "Vie wrote: "Please read the entire text before commenting. I know it's long, but bear with me.

I noticed a discussion board citing the website http://www.marscandykills.com as proof that the M..."

I'm not defending them! But I'll point out why I think they do: Their thinking is kinda simple, they're more intelligent and have rights.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep. Agreed

message 14: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) I know. I was just like using the article to say what I think. Because if I said that randomly er..

I don't think you do.

message 15: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments Vie is my cousin......

message 16: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments She's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy older than me though.... O.K eight years.

message 17: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments That is really long..... But I like it.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Vie wrote: "Kat, th3 krazi 1 wrote: "Why don't they test on themselves? Why are animals life any less valuable then theirs? *raises eyebrow* "

You can lower your eyebrow again.

That seems like a sadly simp..."

Yeah. I mean its ok to test on animals for medincine if they need to do it like ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO, but if they dont need to then its not right. like what mars and PETA is doing is not right

message 19: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments WHAT!!!! Testing medical products is wrong too!!!! Animals are suffering for Human illnesses!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

But testing medicine on animals wont guarentee that the result will come out the same.

Let me put it like this: You test your medicine on a rat, I am not a rat. My body doesn't react the same way a rat's does. So why test your product on a rat?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

true. BUT if they do it in a humane way with little pain and its a medicine to cure cancer which will help millions and u find a animal that has the same whatever as a human then its saving more people and animals. besides if someone has to do it and they're human and its for a good cause i still dont like it. i just wont protest it :-)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Mmm. I see your point, but I'm saying is that even if the animal has the right whatever, there's still no guarentee that the medicine will work on humans. Unless you try it on humans.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

but some animals have almost the exact same parts as a human

message 24: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) What ever. Scientists are the ones who want to do it, so why some innocent animal have to pay? They should pay for their own stuff.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Lexphie W. Runrose (my hunger games name) wrote: "but some animals have almost the exact same parts as a human"

Almost the same parts as humans.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

yes. but if it is a cure for something lke cancer. i'm sure we all know someone whos died from it. I know I do. my teacher diedin the middle of 3rd grade from cancer. then a rew animals that were tested on humanly to save illions of lives.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"Then a rew animals were tested on humanly to save illions of lives"

I can't tell what that says. . . ?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

sorry. i wasnt used to the computer i was typing on. few animals tested on humanly to save millions of lives

message 29: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Why don't the scientists test on themselves? I mean their the ones who want to try it. The mouse or whatever animal they're testing on doesn't care, or probably even know about cancer. Why should they pay for something somebody wants to buy. ((That's a metaphor.))

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont know... cause some dumbies are to cheap to use something that would come out better than animals because with cloned skin then u would get a better outcome. *mutters to self about how some people are such dumbies*

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

haha. *nods and throws second knife*

message 32: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments Lexphie W. Runrose (my hunger games name) wrote: "true. BUT if they do it in a humane way with little pain and its a medicine to cure cancer which will help millions and u find a animal that has the same whatever as a human then its saving more pe..."

Maybe. But people have been dying from sicknesses for many many many years. We've never died out. There's a difference between saving the world and saving a person. If humans are concerned about themselves, then maybe they could test it on themselves as a sacrifice to humankind!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

true. they should just use like cloned human skin:-) that would be better even though it might be a little more expensize it would save lots of lives :-) it would be more accurate

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Lexphie W. Runrose (my hunger games name) wrote: "true. they should just use like cloned human skin:-) that would be better even though it might be a little more expensize it would save lots of lives :-) it would be more accurate"

And anyways, there are most likey more people who don't buy their products because they test on animals, then people who buy them and don't give a crap.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

oh i know me too. my friend loves snickers and we had a bunch of snickers at my house and she came over and just kept eating them. the day after that i found out about mars :-(

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly! See it made sense in my head, but I wasn't sure if it would to others.

And yeah! I used to love Java Twix and M&Ms. Though, I've never eaten a mars bar.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

me neither.... are they good lindsay

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

What's in them?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

yum yum! why cant mars be nice so we can eat them?? :-(

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

ok i really dont like lynn

message 41: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments Lindsay wrote: "Exactly, why is your life any more valuable than a chimp's? What makes you so special?"

Exactly my point. What kind of good are YOU going to do to the world? What's to stop the chimp from doing it?

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah! agrees

message 43: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments Yay!

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 81 comments Mod
Cool. I think both of you are right. They do some bad things but they also do some good things

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Lexphie.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Vie wrote: "Please read the entire text before commenting. I know it's long, but bear with me.

I noticed a discussion board citing the website http://www.marscandykills.com as proof that the Mars Candy co..."

Thank you so much!

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 81 comments Mod
Yep thx

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

i had no idea....damn....that sucks