Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional Vampires discussion

Monthly Group Read > September Read - Mockingjay - **SPOILERS!!**

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Are you going to be reading Mockingjay for September's group read? If yes, here's where you can discuss what you think of it. Try not to give spoilers for those who haven't read it yet. Thanks!

message 2: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Hell yeah!

message 3: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) oh wait, I can say that can't I?

message 4: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I don't see why you couldn't XD

message 5: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) oh okay I just dont know because some people say its cussing and some dont C;

message 6: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Bah, I don't think it's cussing.. so it's fine by me :P

message 7: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) okay then ;P

message 8: by Catherine (last edited Aug 25, 2010 03:18AM) (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Hurry up and read it, I really wana start discusssing! (Even though it's not September yet!) :P

message 9: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) ha lol

message 10: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) LOL, you can read the group read books whenever, even after that month is over (or before in this case :P) and discuss it. Now Catherine, you just have to wait for others to read it :P Oh, the torture.. ;)

message 11: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) haha lol

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Mocking Jay!!! Yay!! Im so excited to read it. I need to still get it. I need to go shopping now!!

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments You're evil Mackenzie! Kind of makes me wish I'd waited a bit to read it, none of my friends have read it either.

message 14: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Pfft, me? Evil? I don't think so! :p I'm just pointing out the obvious is all XD. In a way it's better that you read it so soon, then no one can ruin it for you, you know?

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Oh yeah, I hate reading spoliers it makes me so angry! That's why I always take care not to say too much or if I do I always put spolier alert.

message 16: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Yea, like I read a review on Mockingjay and there was loads of spoilers I was thinking "NOOOO!" but I couldn't make myself stop reading the review :/ I wish some people were more careful about what they say in a review or at least be thoughtful enough to mark it with the spoiler alert. :/

message 17: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) yeah, which reminds me, theres been a warning circulating through the internet saying that the GR synopsis is loaded with spoilers

message 18: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Really?

message 19: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I checked the synopsis on here and compared it with Amazon's and they're both the same..

message 20: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) hmm i didnt read it in case it WAs loaded with spoiler so i dont know...

message 21: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) It's not. I haven't read Mockingjay and I don't think it reveals too much about the plot.

message 22: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I didn't think it revealed too much either, it was just like any other synopsis.

message 23: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) I m reading it C;

message 24: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Wow, I just realized that I didn't change the group's currently reading. I thought it changed automatically :O

Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter) | 38 comments I've already read this book. I thought it was good enough though I personally thought the ending was a little flat. I would give it 4 stars.

message 26: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Do you think that Mockingjay makes a good ending for the trilogy? Or did you expect something better?

Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter) | 38 comments I thought that the right things happened but I felt there was a big lead up to the battle and in my opinion it fell flat. I did like the ending though. (I would say more but I don't want to ruin anything, I hope what I just said didn't ruin anything for anyone)

message 28: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Nah, I don't think you ruined anything. :) Well, I'm glad you liked it. I have yet to read it...

Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter) | 38 comments I'm also happy that Collins planned a trilogy and she actually kept it as a set of three books. Most authors lately start trilogies and then end up at 6 books or more.

message 30: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Yea, I know right. They just keep drawing it out and out, until the series kind of sucks..

message 31: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I thought it wasn't as good as the first two books but I still loved it. I'm not too happy with the ending though, I can see why things happened the way they did but I was a little disappointed.

But I am glad it's ended, I just don't think there's anything else more Collins could've done to the plot and keep it realistic at the same time, so I think it ended when it should.

message 32: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Lexa555 wrote: "I thought that the right things happened but I felt there was a big lead up to the battle and in my opinion it fell flat. I did like the ending though. (I would say more but I don't want to ruin an..."

i had so many questions in the end!!

Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter) | 38 comments Catherine I agree with everything you said. I felt the same exact way.

Stray- I didn't really have any questions. It ended in a way that pretty much everything was solved.

message 34: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) *SPOILERS*
so and what happened to gale? to finnicks kid? these are some of mine

Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter) | 38 comments **********SPOILERS****************

Well you know that Gale got that fancy job where he could finally make a difference in the world instead of just mummbling about what he would change in the woods with Katniss. Which although I really liked Gale better it's best that he is doing what he always wanted, he wouldn't be content with sitting in district 12 with Katniss anymore. With Finnick's child you just assume that he is fine with Anne. They were just small characters so what we have to focus on is Katniss' happy ending.

message 36: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) yes, but i still wonder ya know

message 37: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments **********SPOILERS****************

I think it's kind of weird that Gale would just abandon Katniss like that though. I like Peeta so I'm glad Katniss ended up with him, but I just don't think Gale would do that. Or is that just me?
And I HATE that Finnick died. He finally gets to be with the women he loves after everything he's had to go through and he doesn't even get a happy ending.

message 38: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) SPOILER!!!

yeah I didn't get that either- and when she said he was probably kissing another girl at the moment, did she not think he loved her after all?
totally, I was sad, and also when Prim died-I LOOved prim

Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter) | 38 comments *******SPOILER*******

I just think Gale ended up where he needed to be. Friends can love each other and no need that love to be romantic. I think that Gale still loves her but he is better suited for the big time life helping the capitol instead of having to stay a small town guy. I think he should visit Katniss and Peeta sometimes but he would've eventually hated staying in 12 so where he is is better for him.

message 40: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) LMAO. I'm so terrible. I can never stop myself from reading spoilers.. I'm just too curious...

message 41: by Catherine (last edited Sep 06, 2010 04:00AM) (new)

Catherine | 476 comments That's naughty Mackenzie! Anyway...

*******SPOILER*******

I get that Gale is the kind of guy who'd want to make something of himself by doing something worthwhile. But I'd have thought he would've stayed with Katniss for a little while maybe, to help her adjust to life back in district 12 and comfort her about Prim's death. It sounded to me like he just washed his hands off her the minute the war was over. And Katniss' mum as well. It just shocks me that they didn't bother being there for her when she needed them the most.

And the reason Katniss was in the Hunger Games in the first place was to save Prim, so it just sucks that after everything, she died anyway. I just wish Katniss had a happier ending.

message 42: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) me too

message 43: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, I know it is.. I just can't stop myself.. it's quite awful actually, I always end up ruining books for myself by doing that.. oh well, it is what it is :P

message 44: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) ;P

message 45: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) *Spoilers*

I loved Mockingjay! I was so happy Katniss chose Peeta in the end. I was proud of her for assasinating President Coin; if she hadn't it just would have been the same dystopian world with a new evil dictator. The epilogue made me cry, I'm glad it was happy with her and Peeta having kids. I was really upset that Finnick died, out of all the dead characters, he's the one I mourn for the most.

message 46: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) *spoiler*

yes, but I dont think people knew that about coin at the time, so I was wondering how could have they forgiven her like that?

message 47: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments *Spoiler*

They probably blamed it on her being traumatised by the war and Prim's death or something. And Katniss probably has more supporters than Coin as she's the one they used as a figurehead for the war.
I was most upset about Finnick's death as well, he's the one I cried the most for, I had to stop reading and go to bed at that point!

message 48: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) maybe, thatd be a good excuse

I think Ill just change the name of the thread to Mockingjay-**SPOILERS!!**
that way we dont have to keep warning everyone

message 49: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) YOU STILL NEED TO KEEP WARNING PEOPLE lmao, cause i'll forget and then.. read it.. so yea s'il vous plait..still write spoilers :D

message 50: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Knowing you, you'll read them anyway Mackenzie! :P

« previous 1

Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional...

unread topics | mark unread