The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Books that should "NOT" be made into films

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Remington (new)

Remington | 38 comments I just got out of the "Books that SHOULD be made into films" topic thread and it made me think, "Are there any books out there that you think should NOT be made into a film?"

I personally think that film makers should just give up on trying to adapt Dune to the big screen. The book has so many "wheels within wheels" that it just cannot make that journey intact.

message 2: by Mikebliv (new)

Mikebliv | 11 comments the dictionary?

message 3: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6189 comments Twilight?

TinCanKreations (TCCreationsKable) The Hobbit

message 5: by Matt (new)

Matt | 29 comments Battlefield Earth...oh wait, they already tried and failed.

TinCanKreations (TCCreationsKable) Nice

message 7: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Matt wrote: "Battlefield Earth...oh wait, they already tried and failed."

I read awhile back that the producers of that movie actually apologized to anybody that had seen it. I thought that was pretty dang funny.

message 8: by Skip (new)

Skip | 517 comments Any of the Wheel of Time books. They'd do great as mini-series, but boiling them down to 100 minutes just loses too much content.

message 9: by Mike (new)

Mike Rentas (mikerentas) | 65 comments Oh god, the girlfriend and I were listening to the radio the other day and Coldplay's Viva la Vida came on. She mentioned it would make a really good opening theme for an anime adaptation of The Wheel of Time, and I've been unable to get the thought out of my head since.

Related: We may or may not be huge nerds.

message 10: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6189 comments I don't see how Oryx and Crake could be a movie. It has no scenes. Maybe they can use the wikipedia entry.

message 11: by Skip (new)

Skip | 517 comments Mike wrote: "... Coldplay's Viva la Vida came on. She mentioned it would make a really good opening theme for an anime adaptation of The Wheel of Time, and I've been unable to get the thought out of my head since."

So not Journey's "Wheel in the Sky"? I'd love to see that anime, it wouldn't fly in the US likely (and sadly).

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Minutillo (wolfbyte) Skip wrote: "So not Journey's Wheel in the Sky? I'd love to see that anime, it wouldn't fly in the US likely (and sadly)."

Can the end credits roll to Tears of the Dragon?

Also, I suspect that if anyone makes a Wheel of Time anime that it will find it's way to the states pretty quickly. I'm not sure you'd get anyone to sign up for 14 seasons off the bat though.

message 13: by Paul (new)

Paul Kelly (ptekelly) | 206 comments Who said not the Hobbit??? :)

If it is half as good as LoR then I for one will be happy.

for me I guess Ice and Fire - It would be cool if it was done well but I doubt it would be done well enough

message 14: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Skip wrote: "
So not Journey's "Wheel in the Sky"? I'd love to see that anime, it wouldn't fly in the US likely (and sadly). "

That made me laugh out loud...literally. Only now when I read these books that will be all I can think about. You have just ruined a series I have been reading since grade school good sir. THANKS FOR THAT......... :)

The wheel in the sky keeps on turning......oh hell...here we go.