The Sword and Laser discussion

Questions for David Gerrold?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1665 comments Mod
As per the last podcast, we'll be interviewing writer David Gerrold at Dragon*Con! If you have any questions you'd like us to ask him, please start posting them in this thread!

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Nanney | 1 comments I'd like to know what he thought of the Deep Space Nine episode "Trials and Tribble-ations" since he wrote the original series Tribble episode.

message 3: by George (new)

George Van Wagner (gvdub) | 26 comments Gerrold wrote one of the best ever time travel paradox novels The Man Who Folded Himself. Modern physics and cosmological research intimates that time travel might be possible (in some rather limited ways). Has he considered revisiting that ground?

message 4: by Brew (new)

Brew | 44 comments Ask him if JJ Abrams has talked to him about the Star Trek sequel. The tirbbles take over the universe? Could happen.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul (paulcavanaugh) | 51 comments Yes, please. I know lots of stuff has happened in his life, and I understand completely, but, selfishly (me me me), more Chtorr? Please? One of the best alien invasion ideas ever, and well written, too! Politics, battles, science, characters -- just an excellently conceived and executed series. I've been patiently waiting since 1992...(and yes, as his website states, Rome wasn't built in a day. But they didn't have cliffhangers, David!)

message 6: by Halbot42 (new)

Halbot42 | 185 comments I guess were not going to talk about the creepy kid stuff, i can understand why. How bout this, in the first couple Chtorr books he does some amazing imagining of what an alien ecosystem might be like, culminating in the worms of course. Id like to know what sparked that idea, what terrestrial organisms he used as inspiration for these and or the tribbles. Whats going on in Biology now that he finds interesting?

message 7: by Stan (new)

Stan Slaughter | 359 comments "creepy kid stuff" ? Kind of a harsh way to talk about being a single parent for a special needs child.

Speaking of which. Ask him how he feels about Hollywood making all those changes to his book "The Martian Child" and how it feels like having himself being played by an Actor as accomplished as John Cusack.

(at a guess - he'll have hated the changes - but have been flattered to have an "A-list" actor chosen to play him)

message 8: by Halbot42 (new)

Halbot42 | 185 comments read my previous post if u want details stan, im tired of going into it. Defintely not talking about being a single parent, talking about why many would have big issues with his potential parenting. Love the books, just have some issues...