Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) Someone to Watch Over Me discussion

Does it get better?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tracy's Place Ok, I'm only on page 56 but I'm bored!!! This is the first historical of Kleypas' that I've read and so far I'm not all that impressed. Tell me to stick with it and I will.

I like Grant but that's about it.

Tracy's Place Ok - just FYI - it not only got better - it got wonderful!

message 3: by Lady (new)

Lady LOL Not many people would have come back to say that it got better, but I'm thankfull you did cause I've just about to start reading it so thanx!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL...I loved that book but I love all Lisa Kleypas books she is a great author.

message 5: by AlbertaJenn (new) - added it

AlbertaJenn Redneyrae wrote: "Ok, I'm only on page 56 but I'm bored!!! This is the first historical of Kleypas' that I've read and so far I'm not all that impressed. Tell me to stick with it and I will.

I like Grant but t..."

Hmm..... I found that I liked it the whole way through, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

If you are looking for Historical Romance with a bit more, maybe try Candace Camp or Brenda Joyce; they both frequently have mystery in their Historical Romance.

September wrote: "LOL...I loved that book but I love all Lisa Kleypas books she is a great author."

I'm with you. I love her books, beginning to end.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

AlbertaJenn wrote: "Redneyrae wrote: "Ok, I'm only on page 56 but I'm bored!!! This is the first historical of Kleypas' that I've read and so far I'm not all that impressed. Tell me to stick with it and I will.

..."

I haven't ever read Brenda Joyce but I love Candace Camp's and how she always has a mystery in them. But yes Lisa Kleypas is great she has a wonderful writing style I even loved her contemporary Travis series and I don't read contemporary genre at all.

Jaime Winchester I'm glad you came back to update--Lisa is one of my favorite authors, and I always thought this was a great book, lol.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to say that Someone to Watch over Me my favorite L.K. novel. It is the book I pull off the shelf when I want a comfort read.

Ruby Lin Someone to Watch Over Me is alright, I just finished it. If you want something more dramatic from Kleypas you can try her Gamblers of Craven series, both boosk are quite emotional, but I liked it. For action I really liked Only with Your Love (Only Vallerand Series). There are pirates in there.

The first book that my friend introduced to me from her was Love in the Afternoon from the Hathaway Series, and I got hooked on this author, so you can try that one out too. I hope this was useful, I felt like I just blabbered out everything I think of Kleypas and her books. :P

message 10: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Loved the book! I've found with Kleypas'(Hathaway's) and (Gamblers) series are so well written that I can't put the books down because I'm anxious to get to the end. She always adds a great twist of anxiety with every ending. I have not tried her contemporary series, though eventually I probably will.

Emily I've read over 20+ of Kleypas' books and this the only one that dragged for me, but I still liked it. I would definitely suggest reading her other historical romances. One of my favorite stand alone novels is SUDDENLY YOU. I highly recommend all of her series, but I loved WHEN STRANGERS MARRY (the 1st in the Vallerand Series). I also highly suggest reading the WALLFLOWERS and HATHAWAYS series.

Ana Belinda  Belisario-Garcia Yes..it will..

message 13: by Abby (last edited Jan 26, 2013 12:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby Peralta AlbertaJenn wrote: "Redneyrae wrote: "Ok, I'm only on page 56 but I'm bored!!! This is the first historical of Kleypas' that I've read and so far I'm not all that impressed. Tell me to stick with it and I will.

I ..."

Hello!!! My favorite is her Gambler01-Then Came You...

it was really funny.. the heroine is crazy!!! and I love her for that!!

Alex' love for her is so overwhelming, I'm envious!!

but personally, I love Derek Craven.. not all men will cry for someone.. he took my heart away!!

EXCELLENT STORY!!

Tracy's Place The book ended up being good but not one of my favorites by Kleypas. I've since become a huge fan of her work. It's kind of nice coming in later in the game as there are still so many in her backlist I can read.

Wench Sounds about right. I will always have a fondness for this one, as it's the first Kleypas I ever read. I still re-read it occasionally. But she's got a huge backlist and a lot of better, more polished work out there now that's VERY worth a read - and that I re-read more often than this.

Cassie I love love Lisa Kleypas, she is at the top of my list of favorite authors! Keep reading, it does get better!

Jopen Wondering if Ms. Lisa Kleypas will ever write another historical romance? its been years since ive read her work! i hope she'll write Derek and Sara Cravens kids (Dreaming of You (Gamblers)).

Lovetoread Ms. Kleypas talks about, on her web sight, writing Historical romances again but not until her current series is finished. I certainly hope so I do not like the series she is working on so haven't purchased a book of hers in a long time.

message 19: by Merle (last edited Oct 03, 2013 07:28AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Merle I like the last of the "Bow Street Runners" series the best - Worth Any Price. Please give that one a try.

Suzanne Jerelyn wrote: "I have to say that Someone to Watch over Me my favorite L.K. novel. It is the book I pull off the shelf when I want a comfort read."
Jerlyn, have done that for years. The descriptions, the characters, the setting are all very appealing to me. I find a sort of peace in this whole trilogy. Suzanne