Traditional Regency Romance Aficionados discussion

Introductions & Discussions > Started a List of Traditional Regencies

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oliviacharles) | 8 comments I started a List of Best Traditional Regencies. I've included any novel I've given five stars that is a traditional 1980's and 1990's regency. Please add to the list. I would love to read other regencies that you found as the best!

message 2: by Jaimey (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 16 comments Great idea! Can you post the link here? There are several I'd like to add. :o)

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oliviacharles) | 8 comments As soon as I figure out how to link . . .:)

message 4: by Jaimey (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 16 comments OK, no worries, I found it. Here's the link: http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/66...

:o)

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oliviacharles) | 8 comments Thanks, Jamimey. I can't even figure out how to fix my picture so my head is not cut off....LOL...

message 6: by Jaimey (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 16 comments I don't know that you actually can on here. I know that facebook allows it but on goodreads I don't think that's an option. :o/

message 7: by Beeface (new)

Beeface | 16 comments Wonderful idea, Olivia! I'm adding some to the list. :)

Olivia wrote: "I started a List of Best Traditional Regencies. I've included any novel I've given five stars that is a traditional 1980's and 1990's regency. Please add to the list. I would love to read other reg..."

message 8: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 6 comments Olivia, since you had Lord of Scoundrels on your list, I added The Last Hellion, which comes after LOS, and which I loved even more. If you haven't read it, you're in for a treat!

message 9: by seton (new)

seton (lindaseton42) I was initially very excited about the trad listopia but if you're gonna include any ole regencys include non-trads like LOS, I am disappointed :-(

message 10: by Jaimey (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 16 comments seton wrote: "I was initially very excited about the trad listopia but if you're gonna include any ole regencys include non-trads like LOS, I am disappointed :-("

I tried to stick to adding only the ones that I'm pretty sure were published in the 80s and 90s but I may have added a couple that were from the 70s. I was really surprised to see LOS on there too...

message 11: by Janet (new)

Janet (janetnorcal) http://www.thenonesuch.com/index.htm Here's another go-to resource for OOP Regencies. Their reviews are very reliable. Off to check the list!

message 12: by Beeface (new)

Beeface | 16 comments Maybe there could be a second list... one for Traditional and another for Historical/Non-Traditional?

seton wrote: "I was initially very excited about the trad listopia but if you're gonna include any ole regencys include non-trads like LOS, I am disappointed :-("

message 13: by seton (new)

seton (lindaseton42) There are plenty of listopias for HRs with LOS well represented. Go take a look and vote. This was the only one that actually was titled "Traditional Regency" but it's all water under the bridge by now.

message 14: by Julianna (last edited Aug 22, 2010 03:32PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 7 comments I was surprised to see LOS on the list too. IMO, it definitely doesn't fit the definition of a Traditional Regency. Then again, I see books on various Listopias all the time that don't fit the particular category of the list.

message 15: by Olivia (last edited Aug 23, 2010 05:26AM) (new)

Olivia (oliviacharles) | 8 comments I do agree with Seton and LOS really should not be on that list. I am going to take it off. I meant for the list to be just 1970's, 1980's and 1990's traditional regencies. Thanks, Seton, for calling me to the carpet!
And thanks to everyone who has posted more books. I am looking forward to reading some of those on the list!

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 76 comments Mod
Janet wrote: "http://www.thenonesuch.com/index.htm Here's another go-to resource for OOP Regencies. Their reviews are very reliable. Off to check the list!"

I used to go there to find some new regencies...but now its taken down it appears :(

message 17: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5 comments Archive.org is <3:

http://web.archive.org/web/2011072510...

Should let you access most of the pages on the site. :)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 76 comments Mod
Emy wrote: "Archive.org is <3:

http://web.archive.org/web/2011072510...

Should let you access most of the pages on the site. :)"

Thank you :) Very helpful of you.

It was so annoying...I went there and it was gone. So sad...

message 19: by Aneca (new)

Aneca | 18 comments I just realised that The Nonesuch website doesn't exist anymore. I used it when I wanted to find a new theme or try a new author. It's a pity that there are no more onlise resources for trads...