Dark Fantasy and Beyond discussion

Who is your favorite vampire character in a novel?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:26PM) (new)

Laura (laurastamps) Here are my favorite vamps:

1.) Henry Fitzroy (from the "Blood Books" series by Tanya Huff)
2.) Constantine (from "Sunshine" by Robin McKinley)
3.) Bill (from the "Southern Vampire" series by Charlaine Harris)
4.) Thomas (from "The Dresden Files" series by Jim Butcher)
4.) Japhrimel (from the "Dante Valentine" series by Lilith Saintcrow).

Now Japh isn't a vamp; he's a demon. However he talks just like my favorite vamp characters, so I added him anyway.

What about you? Who are your favorite vampire characters in novels?

message 2: by Alyssa Blaine B (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Alyssa Blaine B (sdblaine) | 4 comments Mod
Asher and Jean-Claude from The Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series~

message 3: by Tess (last edited Mar 05, 2008 04:52AM) (new)

Tess | 7 comments Does Saetan, from The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop count? He's undead, drinks blood, and can't easily go out in daylight.
I kinda like Edward from Stephanie Meyer's Twilight, but he's a little whiney/tragic sometimes.
I also like Vampire Hunter D

message 4: by Rora (new)

Rora My favorite is Lestat from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.

message 5: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Jean Claude from Anita Blake and Eric from Sookie Stackhouse

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kronk | 2 comments I was going to say Betsy from the "Undead &..." series but if Sataen counts then I choose him!

message 7: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Thibor Ferenczy from Necrosocpe
D from Vampire Hunter D

message 8: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb Bones from The Night Huntress Series

message 9: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Bones is my new obsession, Phoebebb. The accent...*swoon*

I'm in love with Eric from The Southern Vampire series, Bones and Jean Claude from The Anita Blake series.

message 10: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb Same here! I love Bone's English accent, Eric suaveness and Jean Claude is French ... need I say more?

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 1 comments I know this is terribly cliche, but I have to go with Edward Cullen from Twilight. He's my favorite vampire next to Angel (from BTVS).

I can't remember all the characters' names from Carolyn B. Cooney's vampire trilogy, but I remember the books were really cool.

message 12: by C.E. (new)

C.E. (cedorsett) Peter Octavian from Christopher Golden's Shadow Saga

message 13: by Tess (new)

Tess | 7 comments I also really liked the guy in "The Silver Kiss" by by Annette Curtis Klause - I can't remember his name!... checking Amazon... aha! Simon! This is a really great young adult vampire story. My one friend didn't like it though because of how it talks about death. It's by the same author who wrote "Blood and Chocolate" about werewolves. I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know how accurately the movie reflects the book... but anyway she's a good author!

message 14: by A (new)

A (demimonde77) | 4 comments My favorite vampire is St. Germain from Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's books, hands down. They're romance-y for sure, but her historical accuracy is flawless. I don't care! St. Germain all the way!
(Everybody gets a free pass for guilty pleasure vampire books, right?)

message 15: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 2 comments Just discovering him and liking him a lot

Phoebebb wrote: "Bones from The Night Huntress Series"

message 16: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 2 comments It has been years since I read the first two Need to get back to that series!

A wrote: "My favorite vampire is St. Germain from Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's books, hands down. They're romance-y for sure, but her historical accuracy is flawless. I don't care! St. Germain all the way!
(Everyb..."

message 17: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) So many vamps...

Eric from Southern Vampires
Dante from A Rush of Wings
Lucien from Bite Me if You Can
Sinclair from Undead series
Otto from Discworld
Myrnin from Morganville series
Bones from the Grave series

I just managed to find the first two books of Golden's Shadow Saga as used books. Haven't read them yet, but I loved other things by Golden, so I'm looking forward to it.

message 18: by Raven (new)

Raven Dane | 2 comments Ahem,( shameless plug time) why not be seduced by Jazriel , the beautiful and very, very bad boy from the Legacy of the Dark Kind series? He is at his worst (or best) in Blood Lament.
End of shameless plug LOL !

message 19: by Raven (new)

Raven Dane | 2 comments But these books are not designed for the young adult romance/twilight fans, my vamps are not Undead human full of angst about being vampires.They just love being higher up the food chain!

message 20: by Alan (new)

Alan Baxter | 7 comments It's a graphic novel called The Preacher by Garth Ennis. Absolutely brilliant story over 9 volumes and one of the best characters is Cassidy, a hard drinking Irish vampire.

message 21: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 6 comments I am going to go with Butch from Black Dagger Brotherhood and Bones from the One Foot In The Grave Series. If I can only have one -- Bones, hands down.
I also have a soft spot for Bill and Eric from Sookie's series. They were my first vamp loves.

message 22: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 6 comments By the way, I noticed Raven recommended Legacy of the Dark Kind vamps...I have a question, how does one go about getting those freaking books? They are each the cost of something I can wear. Amazon seems to be the only place to find them for an arm and a leg. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a used copy for the cost of maybe a manicure?

message 23: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 6 comments Raven how does one go about getting those 2 books without hocking something. What is the deal with the price? I have been trying to save up to buy them for several months but end up downloading new stuff on Kindle. Why is the book not on Kindle? Or in any library?
Raven wrote: "Ahem,( shameless plug time) why not be seduced by Jazriel , the beautiful and very, very bad boy from the Legacy of the Dark Kind series? He is at his worst (or best) in Blood Lament.
End of shame..."

The Flooze (Michelle M.) wrote: "So many vamps...

Eric from Southern Vampires
Dante from A Rush of Wings
Lucien from Bite Me if You Can
Sinclair from Undead series
Otto from Discworld
Myrnin from Morganville series
B..."

message 24: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 6 comments Thanks Bethany. I am jonesing to read that Dark Kind series.