Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > What goes in this Folder

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandapanda (last edited Oct 15, 2010 02:57AM) (new)

Mandapanda Totally off topic stuff. Want to talk Aussie TV, movies, music or current events. Found some amazing stuff on Youtube. Here is the place to post it!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

How proud does this make you feel to be an Aussie!!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...

message 3: by Mandapanda (new)

Mandapanda David wrote: "How proud does this make you feel to be an Aussie!!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/qu..."

I cried reading that poem David. I know Rupert, he's friends with some cousins etc and I often see him at family do's. My favourite of his poems was always Green and Gold Malaria but I think this one is better. What an honour for him to go over to NY to recite it at the Ground Zero Remembrance Day.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, agree Mandy this is a beauty & I think it might just pip green & gold malaria & crocodiles are crying.
Not only does he write wonderful poems but a former great sportsman as well, over 100 caps.

message 5: by Dee-Ann (new)

Dee-Ann | 644 comments Received this joke via email a minute ago, which made me laugh, but sounded so familiar

'The ‘i’ Phenomenon…

Got my son an iPhone for his birthday the other week, and recently got my Daughter an iPod for hers, was dead chuffed when the family clubbed together and bought me an iPad for father's day.

Got my wife an iRon for her Birthday, it was around then the fight started...

'

In our house, I am the wife ...

message 6: by Mandapanda (new)

Mandapanda Dee-Ann wrote: "Received this joke via email a minute ago, which made me laugh, but sounded so familiar

'The ‘i’ Phenomenon…

Got my son an iPhone for his birthday the other week, and recently got my Daught..."

Hahahahaha!!!! Love it. Have you seen the little baby Tshirts they sell with 'iPood' on the front?

message 7: by Dee-Ann (new)

Dee-Ann | 644 comments That is so cute and so modernly correct. I think for myself, with a teenager, the t-shirt should read iPaid!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha ha, love it girls.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

iMbroke (-:

message 10: by Mandapanda (new)

Mandapanda Cute David! :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 16, 2010 03:50PM) (new)

This would look great on a t-shirt.....

iPod
iPad
iPhone
iPaid
iMbroke

Whats ya think eh!

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber (elfkingdom) | 366 comments David wrote: "This would look great on a t-shirt.....

iPod
iPad
iPhone
iPaid
iMbroke

Whats ya think eh!"

David, you've got the whole family's vote on that one! Love it

message 13: by Janet (new)

Janet | 32 comments Get those t-shirts printed and ready to go, David. They would certainly sell. I know here in NY they would. It is humorous but so true. You could do coffee mugs, too.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Janet wrote: "Get those t-shirts printed and ready to go, David. They would certainly sell. I know here in NY they would. It is humorous but so true. You could do coffee mugs, too."

Welcome to the group Janet. I love David's t'shirt idea too. I'm assuming you are interested in Australia since you have joined our group. Mandy has been busy collecting and organising our book shelves full of Australian and adopted Australian authors. You might find some things in there that fit with your genre of choice. :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

G'day Janet, great to see you join & if anyone want's to do my t-shirt thing...go right ahead, I don't have the finances to do it.

message 16: by Mandapanda (new)

Mandapanda A young woman, down on her luck, decided to end it all one night by casting herself into the cold, dark waters of Sydney Harbour. As she stood on the edge of the dock, pondering her fate, a young sailor noticed her as he strolled by. "You're not thinking of jumping, are you?" he jokingly asked. "Yes, yes I am." replied the sobbing girl.
Putting his arm around her, the kind sailor coaxed her back from the edge, "Look, nothing's worth that. I tell you what, I'm sailing off for Europe tomorrow. Why don't you stow away on board and start a new life over there. I'll set you up in one of the lifeboats on the deck, bring you food and water every night, and I'll look after you if you 'look after' me." The girl, having no better prospects agreed and the sailor snuck her on board that night. For the next 3 weeks the sailor would come to her lifeboat every night, bringing food and water and making love to her until dawn. Then, during the fourth week, the captain was performing a routine inspection of the ship & it's lifeboats. He peeled back the cover to find the startled young woman and demanded an explanation. The young woman came clean; "I've stowed away to get to Europe. One of the sailors is helping me out, he set me up in here and brings me food and water every night, and, and.......he's screwing me."
The puzzled captain stared at her for a moment before a small grin cracked
his face and he replied; "He sure is darlin', this is the Manly Ferry!

message 17: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68759 comments Mod
Mandy wrote: "A young woman, down on her luck, decided to end it all one night by casting herself into the cold, dark waters of Sydney Harbour. As she stood on the edge of the dock, pondering her fate, a young s..."

Oh Mandy, that's a good one....hahahaha!!!

message 18: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (CarmelF) | 5479 comments Mandy that is so naughty & so funny!!!!LOL