Harry Potter discussion

Books > Sirius's Own Book

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kmo727) | 5 comments I wish Rowling would write a book dedicated to the life of Sirius Black. Although we got a glimpse into his life regarding the Potters, we didn't really get to see how he deceived Lord Voldemort for all those years. He personally was one of my favorite characters. What does everyone think? Should we just leave his life story up for interpretation or would it be something far more intriguing than anything we could of ever dreamed?

message 2: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments there's already a lot of backstory on him. his life in the black family. i don't know what else there would be.

message 3: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kmo727) | 5 comments ok

message 4: by Brianne (last edited Aug 19, 2010 11:05PM) (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments yeah. sirius was always part of the order. he was framed. lol lizzy that wasn't a question.

message 5: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kmo727) | 5 comments I'm so dumb! haha I meant to say SNAPE! Sorry for the confusion!!!!

message 6: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments well he had a mini part in deathly hallows where he monologued. i think any character that was important rowling did a good job of explaining their background.

message 7: by Teena (new)

Teena | 11 comments There is the Great Snape debate book that was exclusive to Borders that told a lot of Snape's background. But it is info gotten from the series itself. I would definately read a book about Sirius. I still like the idea of JKR writing a "Prequel" about when James, Sirius, Lily & the rest were all at Hogwarts and thru to where the Harry Potter series begins.

message 8: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments there are some really good fanfics on that.

message 9: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kmo727) | 5 comments okay good getting much more positive feedback about a Snape book!

message 10: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kmo727) | 5 comments Imagine how insane Rowling could make Azkaban? I'd enjoy that very much considering that Bellatrix Lestrange is my favorite villian in the series

message 11: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments in book 7 mcgonagall was pretty epic

message 12: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments she was only a headmistress for a couple years. Jo just keeps telling people when they ask. I think she's released too much official information for there to be more books.

message 13: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (abooknut) | 42 comments I think that would be neat to see more of Snape life as well. What his thoughts were etc.

message 14: by Foxears (new)

Foxears | 30 comments I'm satisfied with the gthings you got to know about Snape in the last book. He's my favorite character and I really like to have the rest to my imagination. I think it told alot about him and that there's actually nothing important left to say.

(The person who reads this discussion and have not read the seventh book probably doesn't care about spoilers anyway but just to mention it, stop if you don't wanna know)

His parents were fighting and he was an outcast even before school. He met Lily and she became his first friend. He went to Hogwarts and became Slytherin and got more friends, and they unfortunately put him on the wrong track (Dark Magic, Voldemort...etc). His favourite subject was DADA, but people thought what he really liked was just the Dark Arts. He got bullied by the marauders who where awfully mean to him. Lily supported him until that day he called her a mudblood and when she was gone he realised how much she had meant for him. Then he joined the deatheaters, but surrended himself to Dumbledore when he realised Lily's life where in danger (because of him). When she died he promised Dumbledore to protect her son, Harry.

I would say that there is nothing more we need to say about Snape's life. We got all we need and could possibly ask for. ;)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I wish that people would stop wishing for more books. Obviously if she thought that it would be good and sell well she would write one. But she hasn't. I'm sorry, but there are SO many topics on us wishing for more books.

message 16: by Foxears (new)

Foxears | 30 comments I agree! I'm looking forward to that lexicon she said she'd write, but for more stories about Rowlings world I'm perfectly fine with fanfictions. There are like millions of them, and even if there's a lot of crap amongst them you'll find a piece of gold from time to time.

I think more books about her world would indeed sell like hotcakes, but she's made clear that she doesn't do it for money. The money from Quidditch through the ages, Fantastic Beasts and Beedle the Bard went straight to charity and I think the upcoming lexicon will do as well.

I think it will spoil the story if Harry Potter became some kind of never-ending story. I think Rowling thinks the same, or at least that a sequel/prequel/whatever would add nothing to the story.

message 17: by Foxears (new)

Foxears | 30 comments She will write more books, I heard she's working on one for small children or something like that. It just won't be Harry Potter anymore :)

message 18: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments well... i wouldn't like that it'd be too much like she was leeching of her other story.

message 19: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaftw) Sirius? "I'm still in Azkaban today. I hate Peter." x a decade

I would love to see a book on Snape. I know his history was given during Deathly Hallows, but it could be fleshed out even more! And I'm saying this as someone who hated Snape for the first six books.

message 20: by Foxears (new)

Foxears | 30 comments @Lizzy: I think it would be fun if she wrote some other stories taking place in the world of hers. Like childrens book whit names like "My dad's a wizard", which is clearly taking place in the magical society but not necesserily mention all those (for fans) obvious names and stuff, like Diagonally, Hogwarts or professor Dumbledore. As well as books for teenagers and adults with more serious plot.

@Alicia: Oh, I hated him in the first book, then I just disliked him for a while before I started loving him after reading the fifth book I think.

I always believed that Snape was good, and the only time I really doubted it was in the seventh book when Snape fled through the window. After reading that chapter I was going to a friend who lives one hour away by bike, and I was crying te whole time, because I couldn't stand the thought that Snape actually could be evil.

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  | 2 comments We have to lobby for this. I love Sirius! JK should write about him!

message 22: by Chick (new)

Chick | 163 comments Sirius is my FAVORITE character (as well as Severus...). He shouldn't have died... :*(

message 23: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Well... I also think that there should be a LOT of back story about his life at Hogwarts because I wanna look at all of the characters before they went into the real world... mabey another book...

message 24: by April (new)

April | 30 comments Emma wrote: "I'd love to read about Snape's life :]"

me too

message 25: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments That is now three.

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl) Sirius Black is one of my favorite characters, and I'd love to read more about him. I also would love to read more about Snape's life, too. If both could be combined into one book, so much the better.

message 27: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 25, 2011 09:56PM) (new)

Jennifer | 39 comments My list of favorite characters is long....

But I think the characters I'd want to know more about before the series would be Snape, Sirius, and Lupin.

I also want to know about Luna after...

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan (mmhu) | 10 comments I wish she would honestly write ANYTHING else. But, yeah, I'd love to hear of Lily & James' love story, as well as Lupin & Sirius' life at Howgwarts, and (espescially) the dynamic between those three and Pettigrew during their friendship.

message 29: by Chick (new)

Chick | 163 comments Snape and Sirius - the best two characters ever. <3

message 30: by Chick (last edited Apr 04, 2012 10:51AM) (new)

Chick | 163 comments I hope that Luna and Neville got together. :)

hee hee hee

message 31: by Lynette (new)

Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~ (escapingrealitybookreviews) | 111 comments Chick: They didn't. On JKR's website she has a family tree of major characters and who they married. Luna gets married to Rolf Scamander. Newt Scamander's son.

message 32: by Chick (new)

Chick | 163 comments Aww :*(

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelley wrote: "Imagine how insane Rowling could make Azkaban? I'd enjoy that very much considering that Bellatrix Lestrange is my favorite villian in the series"

totally. Bellatrix is so... deliciously crazy and bloodthirsty. :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Lynette wrote: "Chick: They didn't. On JKR's website she has a family tree of major characters and who they married. Luna gets married to Rolf Scamander. Newt Scamander's son."

that is AWESOME. Luna is so cool!

message 36: by Henry (new)

Henry Muldoon-Black | 16 comments They should, I would also like part of it to happen in Azkaban.

message 37: by B (new)

B (deathandchocolate) | 94 comments I think james potter needs his own book... To explain what happened to him that he actually became tolerable to lily and everyone else.

message 38: by B (new)

B (deathandchocolate) | 94 comments I think james potter needs his own book... To explain what happened to him that he actually became tolerable to lily and everyone else.

message 39: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 833 comments It would be amazing if Sirius had his own book! There's so many individual back stories id love so much to read about! Including Remus & Tonks too! And Bellatrix! She's positively deliciously wicked! She's my favourite villain in the series too!

message 40: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 833 comments Actually and my favourite character! Snape!

message 41: by Blackj (new)

Blackj | 20 comments Teena wrote: "There is the Great Snape debate book that was exclusive to Borders that told a lot of Snape's background. But it is info gotten from the series itself. I would definately read a book about Sirius..."

YASSSS i would like that a LOT