What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

World Without End
This topic is about World Without End
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fiction Book about bizarre pasts and bermuda triangles? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emrys (new)

Emrys (tijger) | 2 comments About a year ago my friend and I were reading a book together that we found at a used book sale but never finished it, due to losing it. Lately we've wanted to finish what we started. However, we can't recall the name or the author!

The details are a little bit hazy, as I can only remember certain scenes. In one part, one of the main characters goes deep sea diving and I think there were mentions of the strange effects of the Bermuda Triangle. He is subsequently chucked into a hyperbaric chamber due to his almost passing out down there (or something of that sort) because he heard voices (I think).
Another bit is when they reveal some weird stone that glows at special times, and another part is about this huge cover-up where there was an island full of people that could communicate via thoughts (?) and mostly all of them were killed on the island. A few left beforehand and gave birth to a little boy, but they were killed and the little boy grew up to the be the main character.
I think there is another character who knows about this, and that might be the main character's foster dad but I am not 100%.
There's a scene where a female main character has this whole bit about her past and how her grandfather was either training her, or looking for these "special" people for the island, but I think he died too. She talks to the diver main character, and I think she was a scientist (and I clearly remember them kissing!). I think she could hear/read his thoughts.
Sorry if that's not detailed enough! I know the cover had water on it, and the title possibly was relating to Atlantis (once again, not 100% on this detail).
Oh and the chapters were in some weird form. Like the story was in parts.
You would be my absolute hero if you could find this for me! Thank you all :)

message 2: by Kaion (last edited Aug 19, 2010 08:59PM) (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 389 comments I got a lot of crackpot websites for this search, but so far- not great matches: (it appears the atlantis/bermuda/telepathy triangle thing is common)

Atlantis 2: Bermuda Triangle?

World Without End?

message 3: by Emrys (new)

Emrys (tijger) | 2 comments Kaion wrote: "I got a lot of crackpot websites for this search, but so far- not great matches: (it appears the atlantis/bermuda/telepathy triangle thing is common)

Atlantis 2: Bermuda Triangle?

[..."

Aye, you've found it! It's definitely "World Without End"! The cover didn't look correct but I viewed the other cover and that is most definitely the one I remember. Thank you so much; I'll move this into it's proper folder now :)

message 4: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 389 comments You're welcome.