Writers and Readers discussion

Welcome > Group Roundtable

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (last edited Aug 19, 2010 07:56AM) (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1777 comments Mod
If you have suggestions, questions or want to see something added to the group please leave a comment.

message 2: by A.F. (new)

If anyone is interested in being a group moderator let me know. I would especially like help with running the Q&A sessions and group book reads once they start.

message 3: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 142 comments I'm not sure I'd be much good, but I'm happy to help :) Let me know what you'd need me to do :D

message 4: by Pamela (last edited Jul 02, 2011 07:00AM) (new)

Pamela Brown (PamelaKayNobleBrown) | 25 comments Good Saturday morning all. I have two questions please.

1) I found out how to invite friends, but what do I click on to "follow" someone and to become a "fan" of someone?

2) When I log in, it shows any new ratings and/or reviews on my book. What do I click on to see these ratings/reviews?

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Still learning my way around. :)

Thanks

message 5: by A.F. (new)

Anne-Mhairi wrote: "I'm not sure I'd be much good, but I'm happy to help :) Let me know what you'd need me to do :D"

I can set you up as a moderator if you'd like.

message 6: by A.F. (new)

Pamela wrote: "Good Saturday morning all. I have two questions please.

1) I found out how to invite friends, but what do I click on to "follow" someone and to become a "fan" of someone?

2) When I log in,..."

Pamela to follow or fan someone, you click on the links on their profile.

You should be able to see rating and reviews on the book's page.

message 7: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Brown (PamelaKayNobleBrown) | 25 comments Thanks A.F. I just became a fan of yours for always being so helpful to us all. :)

Now as for the books's page, is that the same thing as my author's page, or does the book have a separate page?

message 8: by A.F. (new)

Pamela wrote: "Thanks A.F. I just became a fan of yours for always being so helpful to us all. :)

Now as for the books's page, is that the same thing as my author's page, or does the book have a separate page?"

Book's have their own page. You should be able to click on your book's title from your author page, though.

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Brown (PamelaKayNobleBrown) | 25 comments A.F. you are right. I was able to find it by clicking on the book's title just as you suggested. Well you have answered all of my questions...at least for today. Thank you so much and have a Fabulous Holiday weekend. :)

message 10: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 142 comments A. F. wrote: "Anne-Mhairi wrote: "I'm not sure I'd be much good, but I'm happy to help :) Let me know what you'd need me to do :D"

I can set you up as a moderator if you'd like."

Awesome :) Then, er... I'm afraid you'll have to tell me what my tasks and duties are. I've never been a moderator before :D

message 11: by A.F. (new)

Anne-Mhairi wrote: "A. F. wrote: "Anne-Mhairi wrote: "I'm not sure I'd be much good, but I'm happy to help :) Let me know what you'd need me to do :D"

Awesome :) T..."

Duties aren't hard, just keep an eye on the group discussions, make sure things don't get rowdy, answer questions if you can, that sort of thing.

message 12: by A.F. (new)

Anne-Mhairi wrote: "A. F. wrote: "Anne-Mhairi wrote: "I'm not sure I'd be much good, but I'm happy to help :) Let me know what you'd need me to do :D"

Awesome :) T..."

Anne-Mhairi, there was a glitch when I tried to add you as a moderator. Goodreads won't let me; it says you don't have a verified email address.

message 13: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 142 comments A. F. wrote: "Anne-Mhairi wrote: "A. F. wrote: "Anne-Mhairi wrote: "I'm not sure I'd be much good, but I'm happy to help :) Let me know what you'd need me to do :D"

I can set you up as a moderator if you'd li..."

Sorted. Try it now :)

message 14: by A.F. (new)

Anne-Mhairi wrote: "A. F. wrote: "Anne-Mhairi wrote: "A. F. wrote: "Anne-Mhairi wrote: "I'm not sure I'd be much good, but I'm happy to help :) Let me know what you'd need me to do :D"

I can set you up as a moderat..."

It worked. You're now set up as a moderator.

message 15: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 142 comments Awesome. I deleted my previous comment when I saw you answered the question above. Cool bananas *skips away to talk to people* :D

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 63 comments I suggest you expand your "author promo" from a singl e link under the writer's folder to a folder of it's own. You might even make some "sub-categories" (Romance, Fantasy, Science fiction, Thrillers etc) - Limit each author to 1 post in the folder but it will make it easier to find then one single post.

Just a suggestion.

message 17: by A.F. (new)

Michael wrote: "I suggest you expand your "author promo" from a singl e link under the writer's folder to a folder of it's own. You might even make some "sub-categories" (Romance, Fantasy, Science fiction, Thrille..."

An excellent idea.

message 18: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 63 comments Woah Kyle...I'm sure you meant it in fun but that hit me a little on the harsh side.

message 19: by A.F. (new)

Kyle wrote: "How about a group cluster-fuck?"

Do you have a problem with the group?

message 20: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (DouglasWjacobson) | 1 comments Does anyone have a recommendation for a good provider of virtual book tours? Have you had success with any particular provider?

message 21: by A.F. (new)

Douglas, I host for Goddess Fish Blog Tours (http://www.goddessfish.com/) and they have a variety of tour options available for genre fiction.

message 22: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 63 comments I've done a virtual book tour for my Theft of Swords launch. I didn't use a provider...just contacted various blogs and offered them a list of topics for guest blogs or interview request. It turned out very well.

message 23: by Linda (new)

Linda Juliano | 17 comments Douglas wrote: "Does anyone have a recommendation for a good provider of virtual book tours? Have you had success with any particular provider?"

Douglas,
I'm using a group called goddess fish promotions (http://www.goddessfish.com/tours.htm) and they've been wonderful so far. My tour of "Cadence Beach" isn't until the week of June 4th, but everything is already all set! Check them out. Odd name, but great people.
Good luck! ;)

message 24: by Linda (new)

Linda Juliano | 17 comments Can anyone tell me if there is a way to have ratings and reviews of my book here on Goodreads automatically (or otherwise) posted to amazon.com and/or smashwords.com??

message 25: by A.F. (new)

Linda wrote: "Can anyone tell me if there is a way to have ratings and reviews of my book here on Goodreads automatically (or otherwise) posted to amazon.com and/or smashwords.com??"

Goodreads reviews do automatically post to some sites (I think Barnes and Noble is one), but they're not, I believe, posted to Amazon or Smashwords.

Reviewers might post their reviews manually to those sites, if asked.

message 26: by Jack (new)

Jack Remick (jackremick) | 38 comments Hello all Paranormal Writers at Writers and Readers:
I'm Jack Remick, a novelist, poet, blogger. I don't write paranormal novels, but Joann H. Buchanan does. She's the author of Souless Light, I Am Wolf, and other works. I asked Joann to post a piece for paranormal writers on my blog. She came up with Steps to the Paranormal Story. If you care to check it out, here's the link:
http://bobandjackswritingblog.com/rew...

message 27: by Ava (new)

Ava Rogers | 1 comments Hi Ava from The Review Broads here! Love this site and hope to read some good stuff!
Ava Rogers

message 28: by Super (new)

Super Star | 1 comments So I have a question, from my own personal experience, I found that when I started attracting celebrities that ended up supporting my writing/work, not only did my sales increase exponentially but so many other doors opened up that allowed me to accomplish a heck of a lot more things with my writing than if I would have not had their support. So the question is, would you like to learn the 5 best ways to attracting a celebrity or a highly regarded professional in your field to support your work? In addition to that; how about finding out ways to get an award winning book cover created for free? Or perhaps find out how to get the first round of your first 1000 copies of your book printed for free? I have done all this and a heck of a lot more and I am going to show you how to also! Just hang with me next Tue at 7PM CST for a bit via a webinar and you too will reap the many rewards that I now enjoy being a full time writer. Click the link, this will take you to the registration page. See you then! http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=EA57DD...

message 29: by A.F. (new)

Super wrote: "So I have a question, from my own personal experience, I found that when I started attracting celebrities that ended up supporting my writing/work, not only did my sales increase exponentially but ..."

This sounds like something that should have been posted in the events folder, not here in the Roundtable. Please promote your events in the appropriate places.

message 30: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Halleck (writergurl55) | 4 comments I just used goddess Fish for one of my authors at Booktrope and we are currently int he middle of the tour. I'd give them a good rating for customer service, that's for sure.