Writers and Readers discussion

Welcome > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,162 (1162 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1775 comments Mod
Please introduce yourself here. Tell us who you are, if you are a writer, reader or both.

message 2: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (JoshuaCaleb) | 12 comments Hey, My name is Joshua Caleb. I'm the author of the sci-fi/fantasy series Warped & Wired: The Wryter Chronicles: book 1. While I'm mostly a writer, I do a little reading now and then. My website is www.TheWryterChronicles.com where you can find any info on myself and my novel series. I also do a tech blog, www.TheBloggitonPost.com
[image error]

message 3: by A.F. (new)

Joshua wrote: "Hey, My name is Joshua Caleb. I'm the author of the sci-fi/fantasy series Warped & Wired: The Wryter Chronicles: book 1. While I'm mostly a writer, I do a little read..."

Nice to see you here Joshua.

message 4: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (JoshuaCaleb) | 12 comments A. F. wrote: "Joshua wrote: "Hey, My name is Joshua Caleb. I'm the author of the sci-fi/fantasy series Warped & Wired: The Wryter Chronicles: book 1. While I'm mostly a writer, I d..."

glad to be here. Now if we can just get some more people....

message 5: by A.F. (new)

Joshua wrote: "A. F. wrote: "Joshua wrote: "Hey, My name is Joshua Caleb. I'm the author of the sci-fi/fantasy series Warped & Wired: The Wryter Chronicles: book 1. While I'm mostly..."

We have a few already. Feel free to invite more.

message 6: by J.C. (new)

J.C. Torre (jdelator) | 2 comments Hi there, I'm JC De La Torre - I'm the author of two novels, and a short story collection.

I write Speculative Fiction with a particular interest in Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror.

Thanks for inviting me to the group, I always love talking to other authors and get different views.

message 7: by A.F. (new)

J.c. wrote: "Hi there, I'm JC De La Torre - I'm the author of two novels, and a short story collection.

I write Speculative Fiction with a particular interest in Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror...."

Welcome, JC. I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing your new short fiction collection.

message 8: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Tyrpak (suzannetyrpak) | 23 comments Hi, I'm Suzanne Tyrpak and I admit it, I'm a writer. Just published a collection of short stories on Kindle: Dating My Vibrator (and other true fiction). Stories based (unfortunately) on my own dating experience.

I'm really enjoying goodreads!

DATING MY VIBRATOR
DATING MY VIBRATOR (and other true fiction) by Suzanne Tyrpak

message 9: by A.F. (new)

Suzanne wrote: "Hi, I'm Suzanne Tyrpak and I admit it, I'm a writer. Just published a collection of short stories on Kindle: Dating My Vibrator (and other true fiction). Stories based (unfortunately) on my own dat..."

Hi Suzanne, glad to have you here.

message 10: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Hi everyone, A.F. what an awesome idea. Just noticed this on Facebook. I'm Renee, and I've only published short fiction at this point. I have had a couple of 'nibbles' on my novels, but still playing the waiting game.

I write...everything. The common theme I suppose is that it all has a certain darkness to it. I hope I'm able to get to know you all on the threads. My schedule gets a little nuts sometimes, so sometimes I'll be out for a while. Not long enough for anyone to forget me of course.

message 11: by A.F. (new)

Hi, Renee, glad to have you here.

message 12: by Desire (last edited Aug 24, 2010 08:00AM) (new)

Desire | 2 comments Hi Everyone,

My name is Desire'. I'm a writer, blogger and aspiring novelist. I've written a few short stories and published two chapbooks. You can see my work at A Conservatory of One and Gather.com.

message 13: by A.F. (last edited Aug 24, 2010 09:20AM) (new)

Desire wrote: "Hi Everyone,

My name is Desire'. I'm a writer, blogger and aspiring novelist. I've written a few short stories and published two chapbooks. You can see my work at A Conservatory of One and Gather...."

Welcome, Desire, glad to have you in the group.

message 14: by Chas (new)

Chas Andrews (chasness) | 1 comments Hey everyone

My name is Chas Andrews and I'm a freelance entertainment writer/blogger/movie critic hailing from Louisville, KY. I'm currently in the process of re-writing older stories and working on submitting them. I enjoy mystery/suspense/thriller fiction and have an ongoing "blog-vella" called The Big Adios. I currently blog locally on WLKY uLocal and am the movie critic for Alt Revolt Music Magazine. Aside from that I do photography, enjoy travel, and listen to music. Oh yeah, and hold down a 9-6 job. Nice to meet everyone.

message 15: by A.F. (new)

Chas wrote: "Hey everyone

My name is Chas Andrews and I'm a freelance entertainment writer/blogger/movie critic hailing from Louisville, KY. I'm currently in the process of re-writing older stories and working..."

Hi, Chas. Nice that you joined and glad you're in the group.

message 16: by Waheed (new)

Waheed Rabbani | 1 comments Hello Group;

This is Wally. I am a historical fiction author. Please see my profile at Goodreads or visit my website at: http://tiny.cc/wrabbani

Looking forward to talking to all of you.

message 17: by A.F. (new)

Waheed wrote: "Hello Group;

This is Wally. I am a historical fiction author. Please see my profile at Goodreads or visit my website at: http://tiny.cc/wrabbani

Looking forward to talking to all of you."

Hello, glad you joined.

message 18: by A.F. (new)

M.R. wrote: "I just recieved an Invitation form A.F. and I am glad to have joined. M. R. Mathias"

Happy to have you join us.

message 19: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Tyrpak (suzannetyrpak) | 23 comments Hi M.r.,

Good to see you here! I joined a couple of weeks ago. Some great things happening on this site.

Suzanne

message 20: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Tyrpak (suzannetyrpak) | 23 comments Thanks, M.R., I usually do--just got lazy. I plan to participate in the October, Ray Bradbury discussion. Have a great weekend. (Would be great if your mom did a review on Amazon!)

Suzanne

DATING MY VIBRATOR

DATING MY VIBRATOR (and other true fiction) by Suzanne Tyrpak

message 21: by A.F. (new)

Nanette wrote: "Hi. My name is Nanette and I am the author of a memoir called "to live on the wind."
to live on the wind by Nanette Rayman-Rivera

http://www.amazon.com/live-wind-Nanet......"

Welcome to the group, Nanette. Good to meet a fellow poet.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

A F, I saw your post on Gather and wandered by to join up.
Club Lighthouse has published five of my works as e-books. Four of these are available on Amazon for the Kindle. They are:
Flying with Fairies I
Flying with Fairies II
The Adventures of Doogie Stone
A Father's Ghost
Seeds of Anger

How may I be of service?

Bob Cherny

message 23: by A.F. (last edited Oct 07, 2010 07:22AM) (new)

Robert wrote: "A F, I saw your post on Gather and wandered by to join up.
Club Lighthouse has published five of my works as e-books. Four of these are available on Amazon for the Kindle. They are:
Flying with Fai..."

Welcome to the group, Robert.
Be sure to add your books to the bookshelf and in the appropriate topics in the Books folder. We also have a book discussion running this month, for Ray Bradbury's novel Something Wicked This Way Comes. I just added a topic in the Writers folder to discuss ebooks, so feel free to add your thoughts and links.
Also the group does author Q and A discussions, so if you are interested in one send me a message.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

A. F. I have posted the first chapters of several of my books to the "my writings" section. Where else should I post my listings?

Bob

message 25: by A.F. (new)

Robert wrote: "A. F. I have posted the first chapters of several of my books to the "my writings" section. Where else should I post my listings?

Bob"

I'm not sure what you meant by the "my writings" section, but any book excerpts can be posted in the Reading Nook folder as a new topic.
You can list your books in the Books folder, in the right topic; for instance if you have a fantasy book, list the blurb and links in the Books folder under the Fantasy/Paranormal topic.
If you have any review requests or offer book reviews there are topics for that in Reviews folder; general book chat happens in the Readers folder, book promotion and writer advice is posted in the listed topics in the Writers folder and for Marketing questions or advice go to the Marketing and Promtion folder.

If some of these folders/sections aren't showing just click "more discussions" at the bottom of the discusion board to see all folders and topics.

message 26: by Jeromy (last edited Jan 02, 2011 07:56PM) (new)

Jeromy Henry (kerochan) | 2 comments Hello, all. I write sci-fi and fantasy, mostly. If anyone's interested, visit my website. A few e-zines have published my stories; they're all free to read online if you feel adventurous. The publishing world seems to be turning on its head with the rise of ebooks, so I'm interested in keeping up with what other authors are doing. I also recently joined the staff of a small e-zine, Quantum Muse, but I'll post more about that in the appropriate sections. Cheers.

message 27: by A.F. (new)

Jeromy wrote: "Hello, all. I write sci-fi and fantasy, mostly. If anyone's interested, visit my website. A few e-zines have published my stories; they're all free to read online if you feel adventurous. The p..."

Nice to have you in the group, Jeromy.

message 28: by Jude (new)

Jude (judehnd) Hello, My name is Jude Henderson, I write poems and stories, I'm working on my fourth novel, so far my work is unpublished, though I am editing a novel of mine and I hope in a few more months it will be ready and I'll start looking for publishing.
Its really nice to be a part of the group, hope everybody is doing OK.

message 29: by A.F. (new)

Jude wrote: "Hello, My name is Jude Henderson, I write poems and stories, I'm working on my fourth novel, so far my work is unpublished, though I am editing a novel of mine and I hope in a few more months it wi..."

Good to have you in the group, Jude.

message 30: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3 comments Hi, I'm Brenda Layman. I'm a freelance writer and a self-published author. I just started a new venture for promoting emerging writers. It's called Select Authors. You can find us on Facebook and at www.select-authors.com. I want to meet other writers.

message 31: by A.F. (new)

Brenda wrote: "Hi, I'm Brenda Layman. I'm a freelance writer and a self-published author. I just started a new venture for promoting emerging writers. It's called Select Authors. You can find us on Facebook and a..."

Welcome to the group, Brenda.

message 32: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Welcome Brenda. You've come to the right place to meet other writers. Could you explain more about Select Authors?

message 33: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Hart (cherylhartfiction) Hi ya'll!
I am C.E. Hart, aka Nic.

I write nostalgic fiction, memoirs, and recently started a modern romance novel. Reading novels of practically every genre is another passion of mine.

My new author blog is at http://cehart.blogspot.com and I co-author a writing blog with three other wacky women at http://www.wenchwriters.blogspot.com

I'm glad to be part of this community. :)

message 34: by A.F. (new)

Nicnac wrote: "Hi ya'll!
I am C.E. Hart, aka Nic.

I write nostalgic fiction, memoirs, and recently started a modern romance novel. Reading novels of practically every genre is another passion of mine.

My..."

Welcome to the group.

message 35: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Hart (cherylhartfiction) Thank you, A.F.! Nice to meet you. :)

message 36: by Roger (new)

Roger Lawrence | 4 comments Hi, name is Roger. I read a lot; mostly SF and horror but I have a couple of my own books on smashwords. One is for teens and the other is definitely not. I always try to make my work humorous, thereby reducing my potential market exponentially. But I don't care. I just love writing and am happy to have joined this group.
If anyone has nothing to do and wants to read my books please go to my website for all the gory details.
www.threehoodies.com

message 37: by A.F. (new)

Roger wrote: "Hi, name is Roger. I read a lot; mostly SF and horror but I have a couple of my own books on smashwords. One is for teens and the other is definitely not. I always try to make my work humorous, the..."

Welcome, Roger.

message 38: by A.F. (new)

Jack wrote: "I'm Jack Remick. Reader and Writer. Author of Blood and a couple of other things."

Welcome to the group, Jack.

message 39: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (atomicempress) | 3 comments Hi, my name is Pamela and I can't remember a time when I wasn't writing. I have only officially been published in newspapers with articles and a short fictional piece but I'm all 24 and that was all before I was 18. After High school, where I was diagnosed as Bi-Polar 1 I spent a lot of time in and out of hospitals and learning to handle medicine and treatments. So a lot of the progress I could have made was held. I have recently gotten back on track and am laying the ground work for my first novel - an Urban Fantasy. I also write short stories, poems, and songs.
-Pammie

message 40: by A.F. (new)

Pamela wrote: "Hi, my name is Pamela and I can't remember a time when I wasn't writing. I have only officially been published in newspapers with articles and a short fictional piece but I'm all 24 and that was al..."

Hello, Pamela. Nice to welcome another writer of fantasy to the group.

message 41: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (atomicempress) | 3 comments A.F. - yeah thank you for the welcome, its good to know there's someone else of a genre type. :)

Jack - Oddly I am the only writer I know with a mood disorder, rare I know since alot of creative types have Bipolar and other mood disorders. Thank you.

message 42: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 98 comments Hi everyone!! I'm not an author, but I am an editor, and I do e-book conversions for the self pubs out there. There seems to be some great things going on in this group! I'm excited to be here!

message 43: by A.F. (new)

Amy wrote: "Hi everyone!! I'm not an author, but I am an editor, and I do e-book conversions for the self pubs out there. There seems to be some great things going on in this group! I'm excited to be here!"

Welcome, Amy, to our group.

message 44: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Hey I'm, as you can tell, Stephanie. I'm an unpublished author. I'm currently editing a few books and finishing my fourth. I write pretty often and am always trying to improve. I hope to one day be traditoinally published. I'm going to hopefully be sending out query letters later this year.

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 3 comments Rick here- happy to be a part of this wonderful Group!

message 46: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Chater (chaterpublishing) Hello everyone. My name is Chrisopher John Chater and I'm the author of The Traveler's Companion and Progenitor. I'm also the author of Take the Leap at Christopherjohnchater.blogspot.com, where I write about writing and Epublishing.

message 47: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (bookishevents) Um I'm Jenn, I came because Amy posted at Creative Reviews that we should come check out this group. Not a writer, but it used to be a dream of mine, unfortunately it requires more self discipline than I possess. I'm an avid reader and an amateur reviewer. I post my reviews on my blog, goodreads and various other book selling and book reviewing sites.

message 48: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 98 comments Hello Christopher and Jenn!! Great to see you both here! And hello again to you too, Rick!! :)

message 49: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) Hi everyone! Thanks for the invite Amy! This group looks great. My name is Cambria and I am a writer of paranormal YA and I also recently started writing movie and book reviews.

message 50: by A.F. (new)

Stephanie wrote: "Hey I'm, as you can tell, Stephanie. I'm an unpublished author. I'm currently editing a few books and finishing my fourth. I write pretty often and am always trying to improve. I hope to one day be..."

Welcome to the group, Stephanie.
There's an excellent post by Rachelle Gardner on how to write a query letter, http://cba-ramblings.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-write-query-letter.html, if you want to check it out.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24