Harry Potter discussion

Movies > Release of the Split

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments CW says they're splitting the movie at the end of chapter 24. when voldy grabbs the wand from dumbledore's tomb any thoughts?

message 2: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
Yeah - we talked about this a bit in the other topic. I think it's the perfect split point.

message 3: by Krisztina (new)

Krisztina Williams (krisztinawilliams) | 1 comments Hmm.I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'll have to sleep on it...and skim over that part in the book for the millionth time. I kinda new on this board btw, but not to goodreads. I'm a HUGE Harry Potter geek!!! Nice to meet everyone.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 31, 2010 04:07PM) (new)

A PEEK AT 'HARRY POTTER'

Not that we're obsessively counting or anything, but we have just 79 days until the next "Harry Potter" hits theaters. In the meantime we've snagged some photos from Warner-Bros. And we combined Entertainment Weekly's latest cover story.

Spoiler Alert: We learned how director David Yates is dividing "Deathly Hallows", the seventh and final book, into two films. "Part 1" (Nov. 19) will end around Chapter 24, two-thirds of the way through. That's when Voldemort gets his hands on a powerful instrument he's been seeking. (Look it up if you want to know more)

"I didn't want the two films to feel similar in tone," Yates said. "Part 1 is quite verite, quite real." And "Part 2," he said, "is much more operatic and colorful and fantasy-oriented.

It's due in theaters July 15- in just 328 days.

[image error]

Harry, Ron and Hermione (Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson) try to find a safe haven to avoid evil Death Eaters.

[image error]

Harry and Ginny (Bonnie Wright) find time to steal a kiss.

[image error]

"Why do you still live?" "Because I have something worth living for."

message 5: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Aug 21, 2010 05:46PM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
There was a test creening of Part 1 in Chicago! The descriptions (found on the Leaky and Mugglenet ) sound amazing! I hope more information surfaces soon!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Pandy wrote: "There was a test creening of Part 1 in Chicago! The descriptions (found on the Leaky and Mugglenet ) sound amazing! I hope more information surfaces soon!"

Cool! I need to look @ Mugglenet more often. :)

message 7: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments I'm a little worried 'cause I'm really bad about blood and I heard they left the Hermione-getting-tortured thing in and I'll have to leave the theater a bit.

message 8: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments well they couldn't sensor it its important. plus they have five hours to tell the seventh book now. i wonder what they WILL cut.

message 9: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Draganov (darthsparhawk) It's a bit gory and disturbing at time. Nagini's attack in Godrics Hollow was like from a horror movie.

message 10: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments yeah. but it was a bit like that in the book too.

message 11: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Draganov (darthsparhawk) True.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Darth wrote: "It's a bit gory and disturbing at time. Nagini's attack in Godrics Hollow was like from a horror movie."

I loved it! My friend left the theater she was so scared. :D I was on the edge of my seat the WHOLE time watching it. LOL!

message 13: by Annie (new)

Annie (annieiscool13) Yes, me too! haha

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

*Ella* wrote: "Darth wrote: "It's a bit gory and disturbing at time. Nagini's attack in Godrics Hollow was like from a horror movie."

I loved it! My friend left the theater she was so scared. :D I was on the edg..."

Who? LOL no matter how scary the thing was (which it honestly isn't) I would never leave a new Harry Potter movie!

message 15: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments yeah... i can't believe this blasphemy.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Shae (Ron Fanatic!!!!!) wrote: "*Ella* wrote: "Darth wrote: "It's a bit gory and disturbing at time. Nagini's attack in Godrics Hollow was like from a horror movie."

I loved it! My friend left the theater she was so scared. :D I..."

Um....... I'll tell you when you Skype me later. I don't want to say and have someone read it.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Okaaaay.......