The Blue Nowhere The Blue Nowhere discussion

Blue Nowhere

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Jo (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:25PM) (new)

Mary Jo Too technical. Not enough action.

Laurie I started reading with the fear that it would be too filled with computer technical lingo to understand and enjoy, but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the author "dumbed down" the technical action without taking away from the notion that computer crime is just as deadly as physical crime. It is definitely a different read than the Deaver Lincoln Rhyme's series, lacking the focus on fornesic evidence, etc.

message 3: by Don (new) - rated it 5 stars

Don Weston When I first read this probably 8 years ago it was before hackers had advanced to where they could do keylogging on a computer and the thought someone could control your computer from another seemed scary and fantastic.

Now its an everyday occurrence people need to be aware of as these guys can steal credit card info and passwords.

You're right about it not being too technical, and the premise was used well to raise the stakes in this highly entertaining story.

Simone I have to say I swung in the other direction; I found the technical “suspense” a little silly. Remember the movie “The Net” with Sandra Bullock in 95? This story reminded me of that - I found it kind of outdated and over the top. Too ridiculous to be scary.