Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Book/Author/Series/Genre > Need Help Finding Books Like....

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 444 comments Hello all! I just finished watching the entire first season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand via Netflix streaming. I know it's not true historical...but it got me thinking...I wonder if there are any historical romances set in that period of time dealing with Spartans or Romans or even the Greeks that I can read. Anyone know of any??

message 2: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments If you're interested in historical novels set in ancient Greece, Mary Renault is good. I particularly liked her Alexander the Great trilogy: Fire from Heaven, The Persian Boy, and Funeral Games. The King Must Die and The Bull from the Sea were also good.

message 3: by Desperado (last edited Aug 18, 2010 02:32PM) (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 822 comments The only one I can think of is Enslaved, in which the heroine time traveled back to ancient Rome. You might be interested in Jo Graham's Black Ships or Hand of Isis. They're historical fiction novels, but they do have romantic elements & they're set around the time period your looking for.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I read Alena (Harlequin Historical No 220) by Merline Lovelace it's about Romans in Britain, I really enjoyed it!! I think Merline Lovelace also has another book that is similar and I'm pretty sure it takes place in Greece.

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Michelle Moran writes historical fiction: 2 set in Egypt, one in ancient Rome.. There's some romance in them, but they're not HR..
Nefertiti by Michelle Moran The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

Otherwise Valerio Massimo Manfredi wrote a lot of HF about ancient Greece and Rome, for example:
The Last Legion by Valerio Massimo Manfredi The Lost Army by Valerio Massimo Manfredi Spartan by Valerio Massimo Manfredi Alexander 1 Child of a Dream by Valerio Massimo Manfredi Alexander 2 The Sands of Ammon by Valerio Massimo Manfredi Alexander 3 The Ends of the Earth A Novel by Valerio Massimo Manfredi

I received (ebay) the following (PNR/HR) that's set in Ancient Rome (I think it's one of a series): Night of the Wolf (Legends of the Wolves, Book #2) by Alice Borchardt

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 444 comments Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Not really a romance but Pompeii Pompeii by Robert Harris is pretty good.