SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Other Discussions & Chats > What We're Doing When We're Not Reading?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
What do you do when you are not reading?

message 2: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments Check new posts :P You guys have made me addicted to this place

message 3: by Sonette (new)

Sonette | 384 comments Hehehe! Ditto Naz! That's keeping me busy too! BUT seeing as I'm a bit of a workaholic, I mostly work and sleep when I'm not reading! EEK! I have no social life...

message 4: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments Lol don't worry that makes two of us!

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith When I'm not nursing my Goodreads addiction, I'm working (editing), studying, watching film,occasionally gaming or making jewellery.I have to make jewellery to sell work and to friends - my addiction to beads is almost as bad as my addiction to books and I need funding :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I work, study and the rest of the time just lie in bed with a book... Even at work when I'm suppose to be working I'm reading :). And Naz you're right, this place is adictive!!!!

message 7: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
I work, read, bath, eat, study and blog :P
Yip don't go out much lol

message 8: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments Ohh beads! I wanted to learn to make glass beads from scratch but the place is in Pretoria and I moved from Jhb a few months ago.

Lol Niecole I blame all of you for that :P

Does anyone else absolutely need to have a snack when they reading? I always land up with some chocolate or a bowl of peanuts and raisins or some other munchies and usually I don't even realize I brought it with me to wherever I'm reading until I'm already munching away.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe...

Naz, I love to eat when I'm reading, its a freaky thing. I love to eat Ice cream when reading, but I'm always very careful not to mess any...
Also love having some chips with me... or nuts, or what ever I can lay my hands on. And drinking something to. Coffee, tea, you name it! I get especially hungry when people start talking about food in the book! Like in The Girl with the dragon tattoo they guy eats sandwiches, and I this sudden craving for sandwiches!

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Naz wrote: "Ohh beads! I wanted to learn to make glass beads from scratch but the place is in Pretoria and I moved from Jhb a few months ago.

LOL, it'll be a long time before I learn to make my own beads, although some of my beading magazines show you how.

I don't usually snack when I'm reading, but a cup of Milo or a glass of red wine is usually involved. :)
You guys should read Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen. It's about a chef who makes all this strange food. That book made me long for things like lavender cupcakes and blackberry wine...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yum!!! Sometimes it really is the strangest things they make, yet you want to eat it!!!!!

message 12: by Lauren (last edited Aug 19, 2010 10:51PM) (new)

Lauren Smith Have you ever read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens? They describe food all the time, it makes you so hungry!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

No I havent, but I do so want to!
Even when I was reading wings she talks about how she was eating her mothers canned peaches with the syrip and stuff and I just wanted to go get some dam peaches!

message 14: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Lol then don't read Sugar Cookie Murder, the main character is making a cookbook and there is a big bake off and a lot of tasting of food! She does provide recipes at the end of the book though :)

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I'm going to do a little spamming I hope no one minds;

One of the things I do when I'm not reading is make jewellery, for myself or to sell. Take a look at my jewellery photos here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid...

Everything there is available to buy, or to order. I will charge an extra R20 for shipping. Anything made with seed beads can be made in other colours, depending on what I have available.

message 16: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
The Turquoise drops are very pretty!

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Thanks :)

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments So what do I do when I am not reading. Well I dont work so I generally look after the house..dont they call it a home Exeutive now? Yeah right more like general dogsbody..just kidding :-) So yes looking after the home and cooking takes up my day. I also blog , sometimes I might play a game, watch a good movie if theres one on. I enjoy Documentaries and Crime drama's. I do enjoy the movies and spending time with friends. My husband and I go to Mugg & Bean alot for coffee.

Thinking of trying for a baby this year, so I best make the most of my free time while I still have it...and still have my sanity. :-)

I dont normally snack when reading, but I do normally make a cup of tea, but if the book is really engrossing the tea ends up going cold and then I have to make another one.

I have ever read a Christmas Carol but I love the movie, there is a good black and white one, and then there is the musical woth Albert Finney which is excellent and he plays a good Ebenezer.

message 19: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments Lol love your profile pic Lauren

message 20: by Sonette (new)

Sonette | 384 comments Hmmm don't eat when I read, but I eat all the time when I'm not reading! Hehe! Maybe I shall read all the time, that will help me reaching my goal weight much faster! Hehe