Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Group Read Books - archive > The Passage, Part Six, Chapters 34-41

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7781 comments Part Six is The Night of Blades and Stars

things start to pick up here. I wonder again if Amy is carrying something that gets picked up by some and scrambles their brains. Or maybe she is a conduit for Babcock's thoughts and doesn't realize it? But clearly some are susceptible and others are immune... why?

So I've figured out that Auntie is indeed the little girl who was transported by train from Philadelphia.

Interesting development with the chip in Amy's head and what it contains. Who is transmitting one hundred years later? This reminds me of Lost and The Dharma Initiative....

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3568 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Part Six is The Night of Blades and Stars

things start to pick up here. I wonder again if Amy is carrying something that gets picked up by some and scrambles their brains. Or maybe she is a cond..."

lol,carol. that chip reminded me of lost, too.

message 3: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3470 comments Really strange book. But at least it's grabbing me now and the chapters are shorter. Alot of info that transmitter gave that Michael could figure out. I really only going into chapter 41 I thought I did that one already but okay didn't find out anything I didn't already know. I hope to read maybe chapter 41 tonight right now it's charging. But I'm sure it's finished since I'm just making sure it's filled rather than wait until it's goes down too much and then when I want to read for a longer period it dies. Which only happened once in the beginning since I kept turning it on and wasn't charging it as much.
time to get offline and see what's on tv

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14202 comments A lot of things happen in this part - Blades and Stars is a good subtitle. I was somewhat not surprised by the 'Mob mentality' that took over so many of the colonists as fear overcame them, but it was disappointing to realize how close to the edge of reason we can be as humans and how easily led down dangerous paths that expose our baser instincts.