Children's Books discussion

Themes, Topics & Categories > A Book With Your Child's Name In It?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (onthemove) I just discovered that Sandra Boynton makes books with your child's photo and name in it.

http://www.pintsizeproductions.com/pi...

How cute is that?

Have any of you done this?

Just curious if you guys know any other authors that do this?

Thanks

Leslie

message 2: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (last edited Aug 17, 2010 11:50AM) (new)

Kathryn | 5638 comments Mod
I think it's great!!! When I was a kid back in the '80s they didn't have this ultra-cool technology. But, we got a little typed-out book with cartoony illustrations that added in our name to a pre-existing story. So, some of the characters would have my name, my sister's name, etc., the dog would be named after my dog, and we'd visit a place that was named after my town, etc. It was by NO stretch of the imagination great literature, but I absolutely LOVED that book! My brother-in-law also had a book like this as a kid and I understand that it is the most requested read when his kids go to Grammy's house these days (she has the book there) because they "want to read the book about Daddy!" It was something very much like this:
http://www.kdnovelties.com/

These look a little more like "real" books and are also expensive! http://www.iseeme.com/ (You can "tour" the pirate book and, gosh, it is SO cute!)

I don't know of any other high-quality artists/authors like Boynton doing this, though. That's so cool!

message 3: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 312 comments Thanks so much for the info on Sandra Boynton's website. I just ordered my grandson a book for his birthday. I'm so excited!

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (cklueh) My son's birthday is in 10 days. We are HUGE Boynton fans, so this is a must-have gift. Thank you so much! I've also seen where you can make your own book with your own text. I was thinking about doing that as well, although it will have to wait until Christmas. I wanted to do his first year. He'll be turning 2.

message 5: by William (new)

William (New2Writing) I created one for my daughter on LuLu.com. They give you an ISBN # also so you can sell it online. I wrote "Apples In A Pail" which is about a snack my daughter used to love (apples cut up and served in a little pail. She liked it because she could carry the snack around with here where ever she went. So the book is about how to make it and places my daughter ate them. I used actual photos of her doing these things. She loves the book.......Very proud of herself...

message 6: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Blackbird (kittyland) | 6 comments Thanks for mentioning all this. I had a book like this when I was a child and I was happy to read about others that are out there.

message 7: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 312 comments I bought one of Boynton's books for my grandson. It turned out wonderful. I will do the same for my other grandchildren when I can get photos and they're a little older.