The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo discussion

Does the business talk ever end?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Steve I have been meaning to read this for a while. Now that I finally started it, I am having a lot of trouble getting out of the first 30 pages. Does all this business talk ever end? I feel like it would not be as popular as it is if the entire book was like this, so my fingers are crossed. I am having a lot of trouble keeping people straight and figuring out what is going on.

message 2: by Henryetta (last edited Feb 21, 2011 06:20AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Henryetta There ARE many characters in this book. The financial part of the book should have been condensed for much more enjoyable read. It gets better after about 100 pages. Hang in there!

Jenn Soehnlin I hear you! It went on and on and I don't think it contributed to the story at all. But by the 3rd chapter it's pretty much over and the book picks up.

✿Sandra I just commented on this to someone else. The business talk does end, and the book becomes really good after that. Take as much of the business talk in as you can, and let the rest go. Once Lisbeth is introduced, the book really takes off. The whole Trilogy is really her story, which is quite good, so don't get hung up on that business information. Each book has a section that is hard to get through, but they are definitely worth reading.

Jenna The lady at the bookstore told me to skip the first 4 chapters. She was wrong! All chapters are needed... all will make sense later.

Kerra Yes, I agree, all four chapters are needed or you won't understand the ending at all.

Kerra Also wanted to let everyone know and invite you to my radio talk show. It is called Kerra's Weekly Book Club.

My first live session is on Friday April 1st, 2011, at 10am California time and at 1pm Ohio time :) Not really good at time differences so I can only explain that like this.

For the next three weeks I am going to be discussing the novel "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" All of you are more than welcome to call and give your opinions of the novel.

Also if you can not call and have questions you would like to ask e-mail me at Kerra@angelsandwarriors.com and I will address your questions on the air.

You can get to my talk show by going to www.angelsandwarriors.org and clicking on the blogtalkradio. You will see the number to call to call in and talk on the air if you are interested :)

Hope to hear some of your voices!

Chryse Wymer There are a lot of irrelevant details throughout this book, but if you skipped entire chapters, you would be confused. For me, it was the last 200 or so pages that made this book a really worthwhile read. Keep going. You'll be glad you did.

Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes) Just keep going. It gets better, and when it does take off...it really takes off.

Robinnbastar the start is a bit slow and try to introduce you to the character.
and yes the beginning deal with some business kind of thing.
after that is where the thrill start.
and ended with the business thingy.
I LOVE LISBETH.
best character EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.