Creative Writing discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by John, (~^u^~)V (last edited Dec 04, 2010 08:31PM) (new)

John x (radishfriends) | 867 comments Mod
Hi everyone. Just so that we all get to know each other better i decided to make this thread.

If you would like to, you can fill out this so you know what questions to answer:

Name:
Hobbies:
How you found this group:
Other:

All of those questions are optional and you can answer them however you want.

I'll start:

Name:John S.
Hobbies:Writing, Reading, Playing Piano, Gaming, Drawing.
How you found this group: I started it!
Other: I hope you all like the group and have fun on it!

message 2: by (S) Asami Seo Hyun 桜연꽃 꽃, Samurai (last edited Aug 18, 2010 05:13PM) (new)

(S) Asami Seo Hyun 桜연꽃 꽃 | 1050 comments Mod
for privacy and internet safty i prefer not to share all this information.

Name: Suki (my umm... code name)
Hobbies: drawing, writing, soccar, manga, sports, guitar
How you found this group: invited
Other: i speak japanese, korean, some spanish, and english

message 3: by Kat (last edited Aug 16, 2010 06:57AM) (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments Name: Kat, Katie, Katherine, Krazi
Country: AMERICA, ITALY, ENGLAND ((Heh heh, you just said 'Country'))
Hobbies: Swimming, Ice Skating, Babysitting, sewing, GoodReads
How you found this group: Errr I think my friend was in it so I was checking out her groups and found it..
Other: Me is kewl. Deal. With. It.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 07, 2010 03:51PM) (new)

Name: Marissa
Hobbies: Singing, reading full time, on goodreads/myspace...anything that keeps me entertained.
How you find this group: JOHN invited me! I'm grateful :)
Other: I LOVE WRITING MY OWN STORIES! I love to RP as well. When I write, trust me, I have no idea what I'm writing until I'm done. My mind has it's mind of it's own.

message 5: by Ji Mei (last edited May 25, 2011 10:58PM) (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) Name:(My real name or my other name? I'll put both.) Sarah and Ji Mei
Hobbies: reading,writing,drawing,daydreaming,playing games,watch TV,hanging out at home
How I found this group: I was invited!
Other: Ji Mei is my middle name, it's Chinese

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Name: Emma!
Country: America, America, God Shed His Grace on Thee! America, although I am of Italian, Irish, and Gypsy descent ;)
Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Role-playing, Baby-sitting, making/designing my clothes.
How you found this group: I think it was Marissa who invited me...:D
Other:

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments I say Zeus
My teachers don't know heheh.
I don't even believe in greek mythology though o.o

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

LunaBeth wrote: "Name: Emma!
Country: America, America, God Shed His Grace on Thee! America, although I am of Italian, Irish, and Gypsy descent ;)
Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Role-playing, Baby-sittin..."

*points at herself* that's meeee! :D

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments Oooh!

message 10: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

Welcome. At the moment, the forums are under going construction work. But i plan to finish soon.

message 11: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) it seems that i was in this group. i didn't even know.

message 12: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

lol do you want to stay in the group?

message 13: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) sure, i love writing

message 14: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

me too! (thats why i created the group. you should try writing something.

message 15: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) like what?

a pass on story, or any of the new threads!

I'm Asami by the way.

message 17: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments lol you probably knew you were but we were called Pass On Stories back den ^-^

message 18: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) Hi Asami!

message 19: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments XD lol don't worry, I went through the same thing.

Well it matters which thing you're doing, but there's usually information in the folder that it's in, and if you have a question about something specific you can always just ask on the topic.

message 20: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

To start a topic:
At the top of the boards on the right hand side (above the Writing information thread) there will be a click-able like that says "new" click it.

It will open to a screen that has a big text box in it. That is where you will write the information and stuff. Add a title to the topic, and select which category it belongs to (free write, poems, ext.)

To post: There a reply button at the end of everyone's posts. This will bring you to a different screen with the person's reply quoted in comment.

But the best way to comment is to just use the text box at the bottom of every thread.

P.S. quoting peoples messages can get annoying if you do to many. Please try and avoid quoting usage.

message 21: by Kate, = ^.^ = (Dark Angel) (new)

Kate | 84 comments Mod
Name: Kate
Hobbies: reading
How you found this group: Dark Angel suggested it to me
Other: I really like to read, but I'm not really a strong writer. I joined to practice writing

message 22: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

Awesome! I welcome both you and Abby.

message 23: by Akanksha (new)

Akanksha  Singh (akankshasingh92) | 3 comments Name: Akanksha
I love reading and writing though i usually write poems only.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Name:sagar reddy
Hobbies:reading novels,watching movies,listening music
How you found this group:i was invited
Other:i love dreaming unnatural things which are practically impossible.....these feelings and thoughts have provoked the passion for stories....so i watch lot of movies and read novels...and now planning to build up stories........from my creative thoughts.....

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Name: Iviana (The Sign Painter!) "Ivi"
Real name - Cassidy
Hobbies: reading (NO DUH), writing (. . .), playing piano, drawing, aaaannnnddd video games. XD
How you found this group: the dear mod Kat showed me a few particular noobish posts, and I would very much be a grammar nazi ninja and yell speak with them.
Other: I'm ~insanity~. What's ~insanity~? WELL IT'S SURE AS HELL NOT INSANITY. http://ivianathesignpainter.blogspot.... There's your definition.
I'm fanatical about grammar and spelling, which is ironic, considering my family is filled with second-language learners who seriously have issues with grammar and the pronunciation of words. Like colander, which apparently in my mom's eyes is pronounced, 'col-LAND-er'.
I hate text speak outside of texts.
I hate sexists and racists.
I hate papayas. Get the reference, and you win a gold star.
Haters gonna hate.
Peace off,
-The Sign Painter is LTA

welcome!

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Thank you!

message 28: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

Welcome you all! Just feel free to write and have a good time.

message 29: by StoryWeaver (new)

StoryWeaver | 75 comments Thanks John, Merry Xmas!
P

message 30: by Jude (new)

Jude (judehnd) Hello there, I'm Jude Henderson, 17-year-old-girl. and I love to write and read. I live in Mexico - though I express myself in English. and so I'm hoping to become a part of the group =)

message 31: by Corray (new)

Corray | 3 comments Name:Corie or Corray
Hobbies: Writing, Reading, Drawing, Gaming, Sports Medicine
How you found this group: I was refered to this site by my best friend. I have finally started actually going here and using the site.

Earlier today, I spoke with an Author here on GoodReads. She told me to join writing groups for critiquing my works so I would get better at writing. My dream is to soon finish one of my many stories I have started on. I hope you guys will help me improve myself!
Other: :)

Hello!

message 33: by Corray (new)

Corray | 3 comments Hello to you too! :)

message 34: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

Welcome! We look forward to reading what you're writing.

message 35: by Corray (new)

Corray | 3 comments Thank you! I'll be sure to write something good! :)

message 36: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (itsthecolleenlife) Name: Colleen
Hobbies: writing, of course! I also like doing yoga and watching indie movies
How you found this group: I was just tooling around the groups page and this one came up. I thought, "Hey, why not?"
Other: I'm not sure if I'll actually be posting any of my stories here, as apparently the suggested rating is PG-13. I tend to go a bit higher than that... But if you're curious, I'm on deviantart, username colleenxcatalina (I know, I was young and stupid when I started it).

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Goodreads now comes with a button that says something like, "this content is unsuitable for minors" if you wanted to add a disclaimer. You could also add a disclaimer before your links. ;)

Welcome~ (that should've came first. Ah well.)

message 38: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (itsthecolleenlife) Iviana (The Sign Painter!) wrote: "Goodreads now comes with a button that says something like, "this content is unsuitable for minors" if you wanted to add a disclaimer. You could also add a disclaimer before your links. ;)

Welcome..."

I should have thought of that! Silly me, it's been quite a week. Thanks!

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Any time ^^ some things I've written (none of which are published to my writing page) exceed PG-13, whether it be because of violence of language or other, so disclaimers are always useful. :)

hi colleen! haha! i had a friend i japan and her 'american name' for english class was colleen!

message 41: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

Yo people! and welcome! i haven't really updated the thread for any new writings, but feel free to jump write (:P ) in.

message 42: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) Sorry I haven't been on for a long time, but goodreads was blocked by my parents. I wrote something under the Ring challenge, so please check it out!

okay!

message 44: by Chess (last edited May 28, 2011 09:47PM) (new)

Chess (specificgravity) | 2 comments Chess.
US
Writing, art, playing guitar&flute, roleplaying, etc. x)
How I found this place? Well. I was just browsing through the groups really. x)
I have a deviantart, link on my profile, and I tend to post my art stuff there. Also some writing. x) And, well. "other" is a pretty broad subject. Haha. But if you ask me questions, I will most likely answer. *u*

message 45: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

welcome! i have a DA account too, but i suck at drawing so, ill be very amazed by your work.

message 46: by Chess (new)

Chess (specificgravity) | 2 comments Aw, thanks. 8D Oh--really? Awesomesauce. I'm sure your not that terrible at drawing. x)

message 47: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) Hi Chess!

message 48: by Ivan (last edited Jun 18, 2011 07:22AM) (new)

Ivan Torres | 15 comments Name:Ivan J Torres
Hobbies:Music, writing, reading and movies
How you found this group:Shelfari
Other:I am the author of The Nine Orders.
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1462866743

Hello Ivan!!! Your really an author!!!!!!?!! OMG!!!!!

...... i cant belive it.. your a real author!!! Sorry for seeming crazy but your amazing!!!!!

message 50: by Ivan (new)

Ivan Torres | 15 comments (S) Asami Kiyomi 화재 桜 wrote: "Hello Ivan!!! Your really an author!!!!!!?!! OMG!!!!!

...... i cant belive it.. your a real author!!! Sorry for seeming crazy but your amazing!!!!!"

Uh, thanks! You don't sound crazy. You surprise me with your reaction. If you do get around to read my book, I would love your feedback. Thank you for your time and for pumping me up with your enthusiasm!

« previous 1