I Gots Terrible Fever discussion

Support Group Info > Steps To Conquering Your Withdrawl

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Bells (last edited Aug 15, 2010 08:45PM) (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
Here is some necessary information to help you through your withdrawal of Terrible.

Conquering Your Withdrawal of Terrible

You have just finished City of Ghosts and you are panicking! You read the word Chessiebomb and probably melted into a puddle from the love that you feel. You probably think that nothing else will be so good from this point forward. Don't close all the blinds and curl up into a fetal position. The I Gots Terrible Fever Support Group is here to help you. Follow these steps and you will get through your withdrawal symptoms until the next book is released:

Step 1: Pry the book away from your chest. Yes we know that you love it, but you're going to have to put it down at some point.

Step 2: Take a deep cleansing breath. *woosa* That's right breathe in and out. Not too fast through, you don't want to hyperventilate.

Step 3: Remember that you are not alone in this struggle! There are lots of us who went through withdrawal, only to realize through the support of others that everything is going to be okay. There is life after Terrible. (heart speeds up)

Step 4: Book recommends are always a good first step in recovery. You can find other wonderful Book Boyfriends to get addicted to. You will find great recommendations under the section labeled Book Recommends.

Step 5: In the event a '69 Chevelle should cross your path, don't run after it! Remember, Terrible is not behind the wheel and you are a human and not a dog.

Step 6: Remember that it's ok to re-read any of the books of the Downside Series. Realize that this is not a failure! You just want to experience those feelings again. It's all part of a healthy recovery. I'm not ashamed to admit that I re-read the bathroom scene a couple of times. (Might have been more) I just loved it when Chess walked away from the bar and she just knew that Terrible was looking at her and when she turned and looked, he was! I loved that she tried to make it seem like she was there with someone and then she just couldn't take it anymore and then ran to the bathroom. OMG I totally didn't expect him to follow her but I'm so glad that he did! When she opened that door and saw him my heart just dropped out of my chest. OMG...

(As you can see it's not easy for everyone to get through this withdrawal period. We hope that this Support Group can help you on your road to recovery.)

message 2: by Anilú (last edited Aug 14, 2010 07:38PM) (new)

Anilú (anilumagloire) | 50 comments I need help!!!!! Thanks for the 6 Step Program, Bells :)
Hello, my name is Anilu, and I am a Terrible addict!!

message 3: by Shannon (last edited Aug 15, 2010 09:23AM) (new)

Shannon (craftycatreads) | 4 comments Bells wrote: "you are a human and not a dog."

Hehee, Step #5 is my fave!

message 4: by Tori (new)

Tori (smexys_sidekick) | 21 comments LOL perfect!I need all the help I can get.

message 5: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 8 comments You SO understand my pain, and yes, I've re-read parts of all 3 books several times. Terrible, I can't quit you!

message 6: by Grace (last edited Sep 17, 2010 03:59PM) (new)

Grace (liliannemarie2012) | 8 comments Hahahaha. This is probably one of best topics I've ever read from a forum. Hilarious. Especially Step 2 & 4. I'm glad that I joined this group.

message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana | 9 comments May I recommend step 7, which is knock-down, drag-out grudge-fuck angry sex? ;)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Diana wrote: "May I recommend step 7, which is knock-down, drag-out grudge-fuck angry sex? ;)"

Hehehehehe. I second that suggestion.

Hi, I'm Moss, and I'm in Terrible withdrawal. Everything else I read is pale and bloodless by comparison. All the alpha males in my other books are pussies by comparison. Even chocolate has lost its magic.

message 9: by Noni (new)

Noni | 3 comments September 29... That is so far away... I'm guessing this group has gotten so quiet cause so few have actuallysurvived the withdrawal, I'm not surprised really... Every day is a battle.

message 10: by Marie (new)

Marie Ivarsson (MarieIvarsson) | 6 comments Noni wrote: "September 29... That is so far away... I'm guessing this group has gotten so quiet cause so few have actuallysurvived the withdrawal, I'm not surprised really... Every day is a battle."

Well, you're not going to like this then... It's pretty much been confirmed that the next book (Sacrificial Magic) is coming out in February 2012... The release date you can find in some places is probably an initial planned date, and from what I can see it's given by the UK publisher.

message 11: by Kujo317 (new)

Kujo317 | 17 comments The good news is that SK (via twitter @StaciaKane) is deep into bk 5. So my hope is we won't have to wait this long for Chess & TERRIBLE eva eva AGAIN. #IgotsTERRIBLEfever

message 12: by Noni (new)

Noni | 3 comments Bah!!! I get my dates from book depository uk.... Waiting sucks. Thanks for the info though, n nice to know I'm not suffering alone (:

message 13: by Chantal (new)

Chantal (c_taiya) | 1 comments I want the next book nowwwwwwwwwwwwww :( 2012 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

message 14: by Ali (new)

Ali | 1 comments I loved the books and have terrible fever bad!!!

message 15: by Signe' (new)

Signe' (sunsetstarlight) | 2 comments I've just discovered Stacia Kane, finished Unholy Ghosts, and I've already contracted Terrible Fever!!
I immediately re-read my favorite Chess/Terrible scenes. I want Terrible to beat down Lex and have Chess all to himself ;D
I am now getting the next two books from the library.

message 16: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 29 comments Solaire...You're not alone...I'm a huge Terrible fan. I've read all three books...waiting for book four is killing me.

message 17: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Howard | 2 comments I am a new Terrible fan I kept hearing great things about this series so I ordered them. I really wish I had waited till the next one came out. Oh why don't they take pity on us and bring it out now we need it. I need it so bad I need my Terrible fix now its awful.

message 18: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom It's not working ! My fever is getting worse...where is the next book I want it !!!! LOL

message 19: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) I am halfway through City of Ghosts. It's breaking my heart. I hate that Terrible thinks that she was with Lex and not him because Lex is attractive, and he thinks he isn't. I know that his anger is completely justified. But it's still really hard to see them like that. I hope it get's better through out the book, or I might have to cry.
LOL.

message 20: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom Keep reading the story gets harder and better, if that makes sense.

message 21: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) I just finished it like 10 minutes ago. Holy Crap it was good. I love chess and Terrible. Even though it was so hard to read. Both of their bahavior was completely justified. If he had just forgiven her after 2 days of pouting, no one would have believed it.
Oh and the bathroom scene... WOW. I'm blushing just thinking about it ;)

message 22: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom You should try to read the short story in Home Improvement, The Undead edition- it's about the two of them and it's great-very short

message 23: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) Ok. Will have look. Thanks:)

message 24: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 33 comments I just finished the first in the series last night, LOVED IT! I'm afraid to read the posts in this group because I really really don't want to hit any spoilers by accident. I loved the whole thing, but I'm stuck with the best, most memorable scene being the Terrible/ Chess kiss scene. I can't shake it, very powerful stuff!

message 25: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 33 comments OK, I'm weak, I read the posts..... now I'm going to hyperventilate while I imagine a bathroom scene somewhere in my future!!!!

message 26: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom Welcome to the addiction ; )
Sarah wrote: "OK, I'm weak, I read the posts..... now I'm going to hyperventilate while I imagine a bathroom scene somewhere in my future!!!!"

message 27: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 33 comments *strangled cry* thanks.....

message 28: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 29 comments I just found Home Improvement at our local Half Price Books...can't wait to read the short...

message 29: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) I haven't been able to get that yet Cindyg. Let me know what it's like. I'm getting desperate now lol

message 30: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 29 comments Will do Steph..

message 31: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom I loved that short, I can't wait to hear what you think- Terrible and Chess so sweet <3Cindyg wrote: "I just found Home Improvement at our local Half Price Books...can't wait to read the short..."

message 32: by Yod (last edited Dec 04, 2011 02:27AM) (new)

Yod | 10 comments actually, i am a bigger tess fan. love the girl, fine, smart and very tough mentally and physically. wished she did not consume in such large quanity but, hey we all have our little vises. terrible needs to wake up, be with her, love her and take care of her- or i will :o)

message 33: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom She is a strong women, a survivor !Yod wrote: "actually, i am a bigger tess fan. love the girl, fine, smart and very tough mentally and physically. wished she did not consume in such large quanity but, hey we all have our little vises. terri..."

message 34: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 33 comments I feel like a pusherman, mwahaha.... my best friend's reading Unholy Ghosts right now and I keep asking where she's at in it. She's ACTUALLY THINKING LEX might be the main guy!!!! OMG!! These steps to conquering my withdrawl will only help if I actively stick to the program.......but I'm jonesing baaad!

message 35: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) haha I love when that happens. You just want to scream at them and tell them the right answer lol.
OMG I am missing them so much, I can't wait for the next book :)

message 36: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 33 comments Just read a completely different book, thriller/ mystery and through the whole thing I kept thinking.... Terrible would totally kick his ass!! I think I'll continue to superimpose him into my reading till I get the next book, haha!!

message 37: by Kujo317 (new)

Kujo317 | 17 comments HAHAHA! I'm doing that too!

Sarah wrote: "Just read a completely different book, thriller/ mystery and through the whole thing I kept thinking.... Terrible would totally kick his ass!! I think I'll continue to superimpose him into my read..."

message 38: by Emily (new)

Emily | 29 comments Wow those steps are pretty great. I chocked on my soda a bit reading them ;) I am going through withdraw now :( June is so FAR away.

message 39: by SassyC (new)

SassyC | 8 comments Just finished the series last night, and this was just what I needed! Loved the ending of each book, and could not start the next fast enough. :) These books will definitely go into my re-read rotation.

message 40: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 33 comments SassyC wrote: "Just finished the series last night, and this was just what I needed! Loved the ending of each book, and could not start the next fast enough. :) These books will definitely go into my re-read r..."

They are an excellent re-read! You'll catch so many more details. Welcome to the addiction :)

message 41: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 29 comments I want to re-read this series sometime soon, I have to agree that I'll pick up on so many more details the second time around.

message 42: by Susieq (new)

Susieq | 3 comments There are new reviews on the upcoming release of chasing magic. I am dying to read it! My only sadness about that is once I finish devouring it how long will I have to wait for another fix? I think the itch will be so scratchy!

message 43: by SassyC (new)

SassyC | 8 comments Any dates? Will it be a year between Chasing Magic and the next one? :( Scratchy is right!

message 44: by Dnelson (new)

Dnelson | 2 comments I just finished book 5...sigh. Deep sigh, of both content and impatience. I want more!
What's worse, I no longer have the desire to read anything else...how can I move on? Leave Chessie & Terrible behind? I don't so.
I wasn't prepared to be so emotionally invested, but it happened! I guess I will have to re-read. I don't see any other way out! I wouldn't even know what to read next. Any suggestions?

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 56 comments So, Stacia has said there is to be a Terrible novella, due out around Christmas. Just FYI. :-D

message 46: by Dnelson (new)

Dnelson | 2 comments Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* wrote: "So, Stacia has said there is to be a Terrible novella, due out around Christmas. Just FYI. :-D"

Yes! I read the first chapter on her website and it was such a tease!

message 47: by Zee1 (new)

Zee1 | 2 comments Guys! Terrible is in the running for the Alpha challenge and there are only a few more hours left to vote! It would be great if he'd win at least this round!

http://vampirebookclub.net/round-4-ja...

message 48: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 29 comments Zee1 wrote: "Guys! Terrible is in the running for the Alpha challenge and there are only a few more hours left to vote! It would be great if he'd win at least this round!

http://vampirebookclub.net/round-4-jan..."

I missed it

message 49: by Gia (new)

Gia (terrible_gia) | 10 comments I'm so addicted to Terrible and I'm glad I'm not alone!!! OMG! It all started with a review I read of "Wrong Ways Down" and that cover! It captured my attention and for some reason I couldn't ignore it! Even when I wasn't sure what the story was about something in me just couldn't let go. Since the review recommended reading "Unholy Ghosts" first is I did that and oh boy was I for a treat! I've re-read all the books and novellas I can get my hands on more times that I can remember and it's not enough. The problem now is that I'm afraid that no man in the real world will ever come even close to being as satisfying as Terrible. Just remembering all the Chess/Terrible intimate moments give me goosebumps! I'm ruined!!! Lol

message 50: by Kat (last edited Dec 11, 2013 05:54PM) (new)

Kat Klein | 4 comments The addiction never completely goes away. I can supplement with a little Barrons, or Curran or Bones... but Terrible is always in the background waiting for me to realize they don't quite cut it.

(Okay, they do when I'm reading them... but then I picked up Wrong Ways ... and I'm right back in the Fever)

« previous 1 3 4