A Child Is Missing: A True Story A Child Is Missing discussion

Rivoting Story--A must read......

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juliana (new)

Juliana "A Child is Missing" is a powerful and incredible true life drama written through the heart and eyes of an older sister. The story about her murdered sister, Kathy, and Karen's life journey to find who did his horrific act. How she perservered through the years with the help of her faith. Kathy's life was cut short and the Gloddy family shows how the damage caused by murder and how it extends far beyond the life that was cut short.

Once you start reading this book you will not be able to put it down. You are a warrior, Karen, and I am so proud of you for your endurance and strength.

By the grace of God, someday may the truth be told.

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace I am glad to story is being told, I can not read it as it is still to painful to know the who killed her and can't do anything about it. I have told the family and the police, but he is and was good at covering his tracks. He was a green beret and an expert at killing, I don't think Kathy was his last victim. He is an old man now and has not had a good life, and when he puts out his hand to shake yours, he only has two fingers, don't shake it, tell him he is evil and will pay in hell for what he did!

message 3: by Marcia (new)

Marcia A Child is Missing—

This account of Kathy Gloddy’s brutal murder as chronicled by one of her siblings is even more chilling when the reader comprehends that the story is genuine.

As I anxiously turned each page of this book, fearing the already known outcome, it was difficult to accept the fact that anyone ever could have inflicted such unthinkable, diabolical cruelty and punishment on an innocent young girl. Having lived at the time in the formerly thriving and now rundown mill city of Franklin, New Hampshire, I was shocked and infused with horror when I heard the details of Kathy’s death. And all in the community felt the pain of her having been lost and we grieved for her family. I and many other residents continue to believe with inexorable conviction that the killer—or at least one of them—is still at large and still residing in the vicinity of this most appalling crime. The whispered identity of that person remains on our lips even after forty years of efforts to solve this mystery.

The emotional pain and upheaval experienced by each person in Kathy’s family underscores every line of this book, as does author Karen Beaudin’s staunch and lifesaving faith in her God. I defy any reader not to be overcome with heartfelt compassion for Kathy’s family; and I marvel at the strength and resolve that Karen and her remaining sisters possess in being instrumental in keeping this investigation alive to fulfill their desire to attain justice for their youngest family member.