History of the American Revolution discussion

Your Vote for the Next Miniseries?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Van Slyke (steve_van_slyke) After the great success and acclaim for HBO's "John Adams", who or what would you like to see featured in a future miniseries?

My vote would be for Alexander Hamilton. His life seems made for a mini-series: born and raised on a Caribbean Island, illegitament son of an alleged prostitute, hero of the Revolutionary War, founder of the US Treasury and federal banking system, infidelity to his devoted wife, death by duel at the hands of Aaron Burr--another whose life had enough twists and turns to be worthy of a parallel plotline.

message 2: by Douglas (last edited Jan 03, 2011 03:16PM) (new)

Douglas (dougkotti) | 8 comments Ever since I read Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow, which is one of the best biographies I've ever read, I felt that a miniseries on Hamilton would be terrific. His life was a blend of Horatio Alger story, dashing combat action, salacious scandals, political intrigue, courtroom drama, Machiavelli, and a Charles Dickens novel. There would be "something for everybody." The script writers would not have to spice up or add action scenes to Hamilton's "biopic"; all of that is already in the true story.

Douglas in South Carolina

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve Van Slyke (steve_van_slyke) If you agree with Douglas (and me) and you're on Twitter, send a tweet to @tomhanks with this suggestion. Tom is a regular tweeter.

message 4: by Loren (new)

Loren | 4 comments Hamilton or perhaps Jefferson/Madison. I think a mini series showing the Philadelphia Convention to draft the Constitution would be amazing. There was a very good fictionalization of it called Tempest at Dawn, that'd be a good template to start.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Alexander Hamilton (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ron Chernow (other topics)