Patricia Briggs Fans discussion

Off Topic > what would Mercy and Adam's child (if they have one) be like?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 297 comments Test

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 297 comments Ok, sorry for the "test" but it took 3 tries before I quite getting the 504 error message.

Ok, this is a talk on what we think would happen if Mercy and Adam have a child or children.

1) Would the child be a coyote like Mercy?

2) Would s/he possibly be a "born" were-wolf like Charles?

3) Would s/he be plain old vanilla human?

4) Would s/he be a magic user but NOT a shifter of any kind?

Since the natural shifters of Mercy's type have pretty much been killed off by the vamps, do you think that there's any chance she could "re-populate" the coyote shifter lines?

Also, what is going to happen when she continues to age and Adam doesn't?

Finally, and this is the BIG question, if the child is born either human/magic user or coyote, is it possible that s/he would be immune to the were virus/spell/curse? And, of course, would s/he be able to see the ghosts that Mercy does, and, how adaptible do you think that the child will be, growing up with a were-wolf Father and a coyote shifter Mother?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 297 comments Oh, and if Briggs reads this, we can give you ideas for future books about Mercy and Adam, so that she can keep on writing about our heroes. :o)

message 4: by Soraia (last edited Aug 09, 2010 02:42PM) (new)

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 4 comments I think it would be cooler if the kid could choose between both animal forms whenever he wanted. Collecting abilities from both. Seeing ghosts and all.

And, it would be nice if the kid were either a total nerd, the kind that hates nature and prefers comfort and computers OR a complete wild card that neither Mercy or Adam could control.

message 5: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read (sherrih95) 1) Would the child be a coyote like Mercy?
Yes - but a hybrid coy-wolf. I love the thought of the child being able to switch between forms.

2) Would s/he possibly be a "born" were-wolf like Charles?
born with the ability - definitely.

3) Would s/he be plain old vanilla human?
no!

4) Would s/he be a magic user but NOT a shifter of any kind?
I think she/he inherit the best of both parents. My ideal image is a male child who has the ability to shift to EITHER form and has inherited magic as well, but able to use that magic to somehow mask his true self. In other words - other shifters wouldn't know he was a shifter unless he ALLOWED it. Wouldn't that be cool!

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 32 comments I would love to see Mercy and Adam have a baby. I agree with Sherri on her ideal image of a male child and I also think that Samuel should be a godfather or something to the baby, since he has always wanted children of his own; maybe a godchild would be good for him. He has always been my favorite character and I would love to see him happy.

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments To me the big question is how will Mercy age? If she ages like a normal human, how will Adam handle this? It is too sad to think about!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it'd make Samuel so jealous and he will lose control of himself around Mercy. He wants Mercy for her baby because Mercy doesn't have to change during the full moon. It'll be very interesting if Patricia will include that in her next book.

If it ever happen, I think the baby will turns out something completely different. Perhaps rare type of mages? Who knows! Maybe it turns into a werewolf but will not change during the full moon and have the same power as Mercy. As in being a walker (if that's what she is called). What do you all think?

message 9: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments I don't think he would be jealous now that he has his fae.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to re read the last book cos I don't remember Samuel having a fae?

message 11: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments Yes he is reunited with a fae woman he is in love with.

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 297 comments Hum, speaking of Samuel's Fae love interest--do you all think its possible for were's to have children with fae? Since we know that plain old vanilla humans can, I was just wondering if the magic in a were's blood/body would re-act badly with that in a Fae's.

Sigh, I clearly spend WAY too much time thinking about my fav characters in the series that I read.

message 13: by Mina (last edited Sep 08, 2010 08:06AM) (new)

Mina | 5 comments LOL yea but its i gud question but i don't think anything bad will happen to Sam cause that would be to harsh b/c he's been through to much and lost to much for him to take

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 32 comments To be honest, I'd rather see Samuel have a baby of his own than Mercy and Adam. Samuel is a great guy, friend, and my favorite character; I think he deserves to have a son or daughter :)

message 15: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (bookaddict27) | 6 comments I do think that Samual deserves to have a child, but I think it would be more interesting to see what Mercy and Adam's child would be, since Samual's would probably be just plain human, even if it was with Arianne.

message 16: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 297 comments Actually, since its with Arianne, I wouldn't guarantee that the baby would be vanilla human. Probably would be some kind of magic user. Or, since Arianne IS a fae, there is always the possiblity of another born were like Charles.

And, the more I think about it, the more I'm kind of inclined to think that that's what a child of Mercy and Adam would be, too. I'm leaning that way mainly because Charles' mother was the daughter of a Shaman--and it was NA magic that allowed Charles to be born. And, well, since Mercy is half NA and also a shifter, I really think that's what would happen with any child of hers and Adams. ALSO--wolves and coyotes can reproduce and have viable pups. It just doesn't happen in the wild because the 2 species would be fighting for territory. But its possible, genetically.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 574 comments Mod
I definitely want to see Mercy and Adam have kids. But, I also want to see Samuel finally get kids that he doesn't outlive.

message 18: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (bookaddict27) | 6 comments Can fae even have children with werewolves? Because if so why didn't Samual consider that before, instead of going after Mercy when she was still quite young? While there is mentions of fae having children with humans, and werewolves having them with humans, there was never one mention of werewolves and fae having kids......

message 19: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Nov 01, 2010 09:55PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 297 comments Danielle--there is no mention of it anywhere. But, well, it WOULD be nice if it could happen. Maybe, because the Mum is Fae, the child would be born like Charles and Mercy--a natural born shifter, as opposed to a "made" shifter like the were's in this series. But, genetically speaking, I don't see why it wouldn't at least be POSSIBLE. Since both species can produce viable off-spring with us plain old humans, then you'd think that there was at least a chance for it.