Book Bloggers Anonymous discussion

General Discussion > Should I Change My Blog Name?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tasha (new)

Tasha (tasha_avidbookaholic) | 16 comments I'm thinking of changing the title of my blog. One reason is I have found many book blogs titled Confessions of a Bookaholic , and thought of seperating myself from the others. Plus, I've come up with a name that I like a little better, but I'm apprehensive about changing it now that I have a somewhat established blog.

I've been blogging since April; would it be okay to change it now? Or should I just stick with the title I have?

message 2: by Kyleigh (new)

Kyleigh (kyskaggs) | 84 comments If you're not feeling it and want to be different I would change it. But it's up to you.

message 3: by Juli (new)

Juli (juli_d_revezzo) I agree with Kyleigh. If you're not happy with it Tasha, by all means, make the change. I too take a while to settle on site/blog names. I can't tell you how many times I've changed them, year after year. So if you feel like taking a fresh moniker, I say go right ahead! :)

message 4: by Stella (new)

Stella (stella_exlibris) | 93 comments Mod
I agree with you Tasha, the problem with your current anme is that I know at least 3 other blogs who have the exact same name :-/ I think you are still lucky to change after not such a long time, and I think it'd be better to establish your uniqueness now (especially if you have a new name you like better ;-p). I say go for it! :-)

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (athenaclancy) Definitely change it. Make it something really cool and interesting that will stick in our minds.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa  (melsbooksandinfo) This is a great question! I chose my blog name because I needed something at the time and I never really put much though into it. It is original (Mel's Books and Info), but sometimes I feel stuck with it. I would love to know what you decide.

message 7: by Tasha (last edited Oct 01, 2010 09:11AM) (new)

Tasha (tasha_avidbookaholic) | 16 comments I decided to change my blog name. It was Confessions of a Bookaholic, but it's now Book Obsessed.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa  (melsbooksandinfo) Congratulations on your new blog name! Was it a smooth transition for you?

message 9: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) | 7 comments I am also interested in knowing how hard it was to change your name. Did you have to start all over? Or were you able to keep your followers and such?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the new blog name, Tasha. :) (I'll give your blog a proper read when I get back to my personal computer at home.)

message 11: by Tasha (new)

Tasha (tasha_avidbookaholic) | 16 comments The transition was okay. I had to change my feed info and let my followers who were following me GFC know I moved. Hopefully this will be the last time :) Blogger was hopefully in the fact that it just moved everything over for me, so I was able to keep all my old blog post as well as my followers.