Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > I need writing help!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments I hope it's alright that I'm posting this? If not, I'm sorry :/

I need some help. Over the past month or two, as life has gotten a lot better, my drive to write has become smaller and smaller... what is wrong with me?! Writing is one of my biggest passions, EVER, and I don't want to! Maybe I have writer's block. I don't know. I want to... but I feel too lazy to, or I don't have an idea, or I don't know where/how to start.

Have any of you experienced this, where life either gets REALLY great, or really suckish, and you just can't/don't want to write? If so, is there anyway to get through/over it?

Thanks bunches for the help! :)

message 2: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 7315 comments I understand completely!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugg!! i know i went through that this summer

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily  Johnson | 211 comments Me too. I think it helps me to go somewhere. i just have to get out of the house, usually that's when i get inspired.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments I usually like to ask my friends for starts.
I also think about past experiences that I have had and base my story off that with a little bit of change, you know, more adventure.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah like i am wirting a book and i just sort of lost intrest in it for a while but when i started to write in it again y work was way better. i think it helps alot to just take a break for a while and go back to it later.

message 7: by Livi (new)

Livi | 3 comments You guys, I really want to write a story about a women giving birth. What is wrong with me???????!!!!!!!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think there's anything wrong with you, your life has probably just been busy with other things. It's okay to take a break from writing too, I went a whole month without writing this summer, but when I got back to it I was so much more into the stories than before. Don't worry, you'll get that drive back, but maybe take a little break from it first.

message 9: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Thanks guys :)

I have an idea, and I guess I kind of started it... and it really does excited me. But I think that the beginning is lame, and I want to write the most exciting things first, but then if I do that I won't have the drive to write the less exciting ones :P Haha.

Thanks for all of the help! :)

message 10: by Livi (new)

Livi | 3 comments Hey Guys, I need help!
What is WRONG with me?
I really want to write about a women giving birth and IN DETAIL!

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily  Johnson | 211 comments Do you have any idea about the background story?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

then make the whole story exiting take your most exiting ideas and mix them with the not so exiting ones and it will be exiting the whole way through.

And Livi..... i really don't know.

message 13: by Livi (new)

Livi | 3 comments What should I do?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Jayda wrote: "Thanks guys :)

I have an idea, and I guess I kind of started it... and it really does excited me. But I think that the beginning is lame, and I want to write the most exciting things first, but ..."

Haha I have the same problem :) Just think that each "boring" chapter is you taking one step closer to getting to the exciting part. And then the boring parts don't feel as boring.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

i think you should read some books of a subject that you don't usually read and try to get writing ideas from that it might help a little.

message 16: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Cara wrote: "Jayda wrote: "Thanks guys :)

I have an idea, and I guess I kind of started it... and it really does excited me. But I think that the beginning is lame, and I want to write the most exciting things..."

Haha, the exciting parts have always been my "drive" to write the boring parts, so I can get to them faster :) Thanks for the advice!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Same with me XD and your welcome!

message 18: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Jayda wrote: "I hope it's alright that I'm posting this? If not, I'm sorry :/

I need some help. Over the past month or two, as life has gotten a lot better, my drive to write has become smaller and smaller......"

That is happening to me right now! I hate the feeling and completely understand. When I find a cure, I'll let you know!

message 19: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Livi wrote: "Hey Guys, I need help!
What is WRONG with me?
I really want to write about a women giving birth and IN DETAIL!"

That's interesting. I dunno what's wrong with you.....umm....

message 20: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Mandy wrote: "Jayda wrote: "I hope it's alright that I'm posting this? If not, I'm sorry :/

I need some help. Over the past month or two, as life has gotten a lot better, my drive to write has become smaller an..."

Okay, thank youu! :)
I'm going to go attempt writing right now... Hopefully it works out!

message 21: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Jayda wrote: "Mandy wrote: "Jayda wrote: "I hope it's alright that I'm posting this? If not, I'm sorry :/

I need some help. Over the past month or two, as life has gotten a lot better, my drive to write has b..."

Me too! I wish you luck!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Yer i have that too. I learnt that the way to get over it is just ignore it and start to write and when you start you just wanna keep on goin!! hope i helped ;)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Jayda wrote: "I hope it's alright that I'm posting this? If not, I'm sorry :/

I need some help. Over the past month or two, as life has gotten a lot better, my drive to write has become smaller and smaller......"

I experience this all the time. It's not fun. I'm sorry, Jayda.

Force yourself to sit down and write something--anything. Even if it's one teeny sentence, you'll feel a little better.

message 24: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (shyluck13) | 54 comments Help:

I WANT to write, with the passion I used to have, and I have a billion ideas. But I think my writing is bad and nothing is flowing SMOOTHLY. HELP!

message 25: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Maxy wrote: "Jayda wrote: "I hope it's alright that I'm posting this? If not, I'm sorry :/

I need some help. Over the past month or two, as life has gotten a lot better, my drive to write has become smaller ..."

I was actually able to write a short story today! :) It felt SO great! Even though it was kind of depressing... But it helped me vent and it was almost 1,000 words! YAY! :)

Thanks for the advice and help, guys! :)

message 26: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Livi wrote: "You guys, I really want to write a story about a women giving birth. What is wrong with me???????!!!!!!!!"

I did that once, and that was scary.

message 28: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments I deleted most of it.

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 8772 comments Mod
That's good.

message 30: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 7315 comments Yeah.

message 31: by Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (last edited Aug 10, 2010 05:41PM) (new)

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments It was for the best.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Ahhhhh! okay so i'm supossed to finish the story i'm wirting in three weeks bbut i ust haven't been able to make myself work on it!!!!

Ah I know how you feel!!! This always helps for me: Stay up really late one night, lock yourself in your room for a few hours with just your computer/pen and paper, and turn of the internet. Literally forcing yourself to write.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I Know!!! i do that alot, but heres my delay. the wierless conecction on my laptop is broken, so it has to be plugged in to the wierless internet thingy. and my room is upstairs to i really jjust haven't been able to make my self unplug it and take it upstairs, but i guess now is as good a time as any

message 35: by Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives], Butts butts (last edited Aug 10, 2010 05:57PM) (new)

Well, you don't really need to have wireless to write, do you? :)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

no but if i have the option i will go on the internet i'm a loser like that.

message 37: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments I am too.

message 39: by Micah (new)

Micah (micpegu) I start writing then give up because I don't know what to write. :( very sad

Just keep typing and eventually something will come to you. Never give up on writing. Find the voices in your head.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments I NEED HELP!!!!!! AUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

message 42: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) That's my problem too! I just want it to work out so well that turns up on blank paper! What kind of help do you need?

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE FOR NANO! I know its only August, but AAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Nano is in November...I got my story ready!

message 45: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) What's Nano?

message 46: by Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (last edited Aug 22, 2010 04:18PM) (new)

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments NaNoWriMo-National Novel Writing Month.

message 47: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) oh, well, I can't do that, I barely can write anything, let alone a novel!

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments Im sure you could do NaNoWriMo!

message 49: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) Look at what I've written. It's lame!

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments LIES!! You're a great writer! Better than I am, anyway.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.