Chirenjenzie discussion

Welcome! Introduce yourself! > If you're new, introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Pam (last edited Aug 03, 2010 07:01PM) (new)

Pam Sims | 1 comments Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Pam Sims and I have the honor of working with Elizabeth (Beth).

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Isaacs (eisaacs) | 339 comments Mod
Hey everyone! This is Pam the librarian that pushed me over the edge into the abyss of the publishing world! (See the acknowledgments in The Light of Asteria). Pam, you're going to love it here! Everyone's great! Izzie, Jenn, and Rennie be sure to say hi!

message 3: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn (jwheeler) | 43 comments Welcome, Pam! And thank you for your part in bringing The Light of Asteria into the world!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (hippiewriter78) | 16 comments Hi Pam! So glad to have you with us!!

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (agentausten09) | 35 comments Hi Pam! Good to meet you :)

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Riva (tracyriva) | 20 comments Hi, I'm Tracy. I'm a writer, blogger, journalist, proofreader and editor. I loved Elizabeth book Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope. I'm a twitter addict, although my currently busy schedule doesn't give me as much time to tweet as I would like.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Hi Tracy! *Waves!!!* So glad you could make it to chirenjenzie. Now this is a woman everyone should meet!

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Riva (tracyriva) | 20 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hi Tracy! *Waves!!!* So glad you could make it to chirenjenzie. Now this is a woman everyone should meet!"

Thanks, may I live up to your high hopes for me:) I'm really glad and will answer what questions I'm able to.

message 9: by Layla (new)

Layla (layla_messner) | 34 comments Hi Pam, Tracy and anyone else I've missed :). *waves*

message 10: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Kosiner  (brandileigh2003) | 95 comments Mod
Hi I am Brandi- I am from NC, I love to read, play with my daughter, and I waste more time than I should playing on the internet :D
Elizabeth invited me to this thread after I went goo goo over Light of Asteria!

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Hey Brandi *waves!* I'm so glad to see you here! Please take a look around. Gavin says hi, by the way! :-)

message 12: by Brandi (new)

Yummy-- that made my night! That is going into Keepers, right? LOL

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bookcrazyjenn) | 14 comments Mod
Hi everyone! :)

How we all doing today...gosh it's 12:30 me thinks sleep might be a good idea, and all that fudge I ate might not have been! LOl

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

I'm back...crisis averted (the kids didn't burn the house down after all:-). Jenn you still up?

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bookcrazyjenn) | 14 comments Mod
LOL that's a good thing Beth, glad the house is still good! :D

message 16: by Hope (new)

Hope Collier (hopecollier) | 28 comments Mod
Pam wrote: "Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Pam Sims and I have the honor of working with Elizabeth (Beth)."

Hey Pam! It's great to see you here! I didn't put 2 and 2 together with you being THE Pam Sims from Asteria's acknowledgments page! Wow! *Huge* thanks there. :) You have excellent taste ;)

message 17: by Hope (new)

Tracy wrote: "Hi, I'm Tracy. I'm a writer, blogger, journalist, proofreader and editor. I loved Elizabeth book Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope. I'm a twitter addict, although my currently busy schedule d..."

Hey Tracy! It's great to see ya here. Looking forward to hearing more about what's going on in your world! :D

message 18: by Hope (new)

Brandi wrote: "Hi I am Brandi- I am from NC, I love to read, play with my daughter, and I waste more time than I should playing on the internet :D
Elizabeth invited me to this thread after I went goo goo over Lig..."

Hey Brandi! It's great to meet you :) I think we've all gone goo goo over Beth's book! I'm a fellow internet junky myself lol. Guess we'll be junkies together!

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

All right tweeple, guess whose now on goodreads? It ole @spookypastor himself Jonathon Weyer! http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...
Add him as a friend, and be sure to invite him to chirenjenzie! We could always use a spooky pastor around here! :-)

message 20: by Amy (new)

Amy (blacksheepdances) | 6 comments Hello! I've posted already in another spot but thought I'd introduce myself to the group. Avid book reader, book reviewer, blogger, wannabe other, and octopus wrangler.
I'm obsessed with translated literature, even though sadly I can only speak English and html. I am 41, with three boys, 21, 17, and 3 (the octopus). Married 22 years. (Sheesh to that). I'm also a full-time college student working on an English lit degree. And strangely enough, I'm not the oldest student in my classes!

I blog at www.theblacksheepdances.com and am on twitter at blacksheepdance (no "s").

My novel in progress is set in England, is about 3/4 done, and I'm bogged down in details. It alternates between the Battle of Neville's Cross to modern times, with a focus on abandonment issues past and present. Thus it is appropriate that I've abandoned my writing for awhile.

Favorite authors are Tim Winton, Per Petterson, Edith Wharton, Vasily Grossman, and Bill Bryson.

Hope to get to know you all better!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Your novel sounds fascinating! Hopefully the abandonment won't last too long. ; )

message 22: by Sandra (new)

Sandra MacKay (sandranne) | 6 comments Greetings, I'm Sandra and I'm an author and artist. I'm releasing my first book this month called My Schizophrenic Life: The Road to Recovery from Mental Illness, a memoir on recovery. My blog is at: http://symackay.blogspot.com with links to my art, writing and book.

Glad to be here!

message 23: by Bill (new)

Bill Shears (billshears) | 1 comments Hello and thanks for the invite. Here's some information on KiTE, a sci-fi novel of mine. I'm BillShears16 on both FB and Twitter.

message 24: by Elizabeth (new)

Hey there Bill! So glad you're here! :-) I'll stalk you on twitter here in a sec. We have a lot of great people in the group, so fee free to poke around, and if you have a blog don't forget to tell us about it on our blogspot. My goal is to have everyone follow everyone else so we can all support each other. Thanks for joining!

message 25: by Maeve (new)

Maeve Greyson (maevegreyson) I must admit, I've been a bit of a lurker since I joined. So, let me introduce myself. I'm Maeve Greyson and my first paranormal romance, "Beyond a Highland Whisper" is scheduled for release by The Wild Rose Press in Feb. 2011. I'm also tickled to say that I'm one of the finalists in Kensington Brava & Romantic Time's Writing with the Stars contest. So, please keepy your fingers crossed for me! It could mean a contract for "Eternity's Mark". I've been following this group for a bit and everyone seems so awesome and nice. Thanks for letting me join!

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Maeve wrote: "I must admit, I've been a bit of a lurker since I joined. So, let me introduce myself. I'm Maeve Greyson and my first paranormal romance, "Beyond a Highland Whisper" is scheduled for release by T..."
Maeve! *waves!* Hey there! Everyone here lurks in a few dark corners of the cyberworld, so you'll fit in just fine! Congrats on the Feb. release date, and please keep us posted on when/where you're going to have your launch party. Maybe we could do something on the blogs to help celebrate the occasion?

Seriously, one of the reasons I love this group is that everyone here is dedicated to supporting each other and to just being friends. I hate to brag, but I think we have one of the nicest groups on goodreads!

Anywho, welcome aboard! Take your shoes off and stay a while!
Chi

message 27: by Maeve (new)

Maeve Greyson (maevegreyson) Thank so much for the warm welcome. And didn't somebody once say, "It's not bragging if it's the truth." ? :-)

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gregory (MGregory) | 7 comments i'm here via an invitation from Kristie Cook and Beth Isaacs. i'm a homeschooling mom of 3 and an indie author who writes fantasy.

i didn't intend to publish my first novel for the general public. it was a fantay story i wrote for myself and my boys, just to see if i could do it. i wanted one copy to prove that i'd written a novel.

and then friends found out about it, etc. so we have that in common as well. i don't do much marketing, beyond my blog and website, but still, i've sold or given away (mostly given away) 130 copies since 2007. not bad for not doing anything.

once the first novel was done, i discovered that God had gifted me with the ability to tell stories and now i can't seem to stop. besides writing a sequel right now, i also write novellas for myself.

i'm glad to find this group. it's nice to find a community of writers that doesn't look down on me because i decided to go the untraditional route of indie publishing. i'm part of a local Christian writers group, but i'm the one rock in the middle of the stream. they all want an agent, to get published, etc. i just shake my head and sigh. i wish people would write for the joy of writing and not worry about how they're going to get it out there.

i have a blog for myself, a website, and a blog for my books. i don't capitalize because 1, it saves me time when i write, and 2, i'm a grammar snob and it's my way of rebelling against myself.

i look forward to getting to you know all a little better.

message 29: by Elizabeth (new)

Hey there!
I thought that you possibly were writing this from an iphone somewhere and couldn't capitalize. We really don't care if you use caps or not, as long as you can say what you want to say!:-)

I'm a teacher (on my planning...shhh!) and I can't imagine how hard it is to home school. If I tried to home school my children we'd be going to the mall until April, and then cramming in 8 months of math in May. I'm such a procrastinator!

Anywho, welcome to our craziness. Feel free to put your blogs on the blogspot so we can check them out!

Glad you're here!
Chi (aka Beth Isaacs:-)

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Yarde (lyarde11751) Hi, I'm Lisa from NY. Michelle invited me to join this group. I'm a writer (historical fiction), blogger, research buff and reluctantly joined the Tweeple in June. Now, I can't stay off of Twitter but don't need an intervention as yet. I just self-published my first book and I'm obsessively tracking Amazon sales ranking, when not on Twitter, of course. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

message 31: by Elizabeth (new)

Hey Lisa! so nice to meet you! I know what you mean about twitter. At first, I didn't like it, now I seriously am hooked. There's just something about the pace of it.

So nice for you to join us, and looking forward to getting to know you!
Chi

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Jade McKenna and I kind of stumbled onto this. During the day, I'm a mom to some great kids, and in the evenings, I write sensual romance. I'm just now getting up the courage to publish it on Scribd, but hope to put some of it together in a collection. Nice to find other writers.

message 33: by Elizabeth (new)

I just posted something on the blog spot , but I'll go ahead and post here too! Thanks so much for joining our little twitter band. And I think it's so cool that you write romance. We have all kinds on here, so welcome.

I thought about writing under a pen name. I'm an elementary music teacher, and to write YA fantasy/romance wasn't what an elementary music teacher is supposed to write. But then I got chicken. My fear was that when people found out (after the book sold millions, of course :-) it would be even weirder than just coming clean to begin with. I completely understand your decision. Writing is so completely personal, I had serious anxiety when the book went live. I was afraid that people would view me differently than they did. To my surprise, they didn't. As a matter of fact, everyone just jumped on board. *whew!*

Glad to meet ya! Join us on twitter. I'm @kailmeyra :-)

message 34: by Cheryl Anne (new)

Cheryl Anne Gardner Hi everyone, I'm Cheryl Anne Gardner, Indie author, publisher, and I work over on the Pod People Indie book review and commentary site. The blog feeds into my profile here.

message 35: by Elizabeth (new)

Hey there!
So glad you joined us! We're a merry band of writers who found each other on twitter and decided to bring it here. Welcome!

message 36: by Cheryl Anne (new)

Cheryl Anne Gardner I am embarassed to say that I don't use Twitter. I can't seem to find the time to get hooked on yet another thing.

I am an Indie advocate, or rather, Indie anarchist, all the way, so I tend to come at the writing from a more artistic standpoint versus a writing career frame of mind.

I too use a pen name, but it's my maiden name. I need to keep my daytime career seperate for many reasons. I write some dark stuff too. Not to mention my husband's name just isn't the most poetic thing in the world. He wasn't mad though.

message 37: by Brandi (new)

Hi Michelle! I am thinking of homeschooling- it is as hard as it seems?

message 38: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Wolfe (twolfe) | 53 comments Hi! I'm Trish, and I'm a writerholic. I read YA Para/Urban Fantasy pretty much all day, and I only stop to write my own books and short stories. I might pause to take care of my husband and 12 year old son sometimes also ;) Thanks for this awesome place to hang and chat ladies! Can't wait to meet everyone!

message 39: by Brandi (new)

Hey hey Trish :)

message 40: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Wolfe (twolfe) | 53 comments Hey! =D

message 41: by LK (new)

LK Griffie (lkgardner-griffie) | 51 comments Trisha wrote: "Hi! I'm Trish, and I'm a writerholic. I read YA Para/Urban Fantasy pretty much all day, and I only stop to write my own books and short stories. I might pause to take care of my husband and 12 year..."

Welcome - look forward to getting to know you.

message 42: by LK (new)

LK Griffie (lkgardner-griffie) | 51 comments I just realized that although I've posted to some of the other areas (not as much as I'd like), I've never introduced myself. Some of you know me from Twitter (@lkgg) I'm a YA/MG author with two books currently out, Misfit McCabe and Nowhere Feels Like Home, which are the first two books of the Misfit McCabe series. The third book in the series will be out this spring and I'm working on a middle grade novel stand alone at the moment.

I'm always glad to meet new people. Oh and I'm somewhat of a slacker on the blogosphere because there are so many hours in the day, and I have to focus on the novels first.

My days are spent dreaming up creative ways to make processes more efficient, and I write into the night with my 3 long-haired dachshunds by my side & a husband muttering about things he reads on the internet.

message 43: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Wolfe (twolfe) | 53 comments Nice to meet you too! Congrats on your books, they sound awesome! Good to know I'm not the only one who works besides a muttering husband ;)

message 44: by Brandi (new)

Good to meet you- I am looking up your books now!

message 45: by Elizabeth (new)

Hey @lkgg! Nice to see you jumping outside the 140 character limit! Did you put your books our shelf? If not, I'll get to it this evening!

message 46: by LK (new)

LK Griffie (lkgardner-griffie) | 51 comments Trisha wrote: "...Good to know I'm not the only one who works besides a muttering husband ;)"

It would be easier to deal with if he only muttered, but he will insist on reading sports results, articles about cars, guns, etc. TO me and usually when I'm in the middle of thinking through a passage. Talk about utter destruction of a train of thought.

message 47: by LK (new)

LK Griffie (lkgardner-griffie) | 51 comments Brandi wrote: "Good to meet you- I am looking up your books now!"

Thanks & thanks for the Twitter follow too.

message 48: by LK (new)

LK Griffie (lkgardner-griffie) | 51 comments Elizabeth wrote: "...Did you put your books our shelf? If not, I'll get to it this evening!"

I wasn't able to put the books on the shelf because a little note said you have to be a group moderator in order to add to the bookshelf.

message 49: by Elizabeth (new)

UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! I'll try to fix that, and I'll put them on! Thanks for the heads up!

message 50: by Elizabeth (new)

Hey, LK, You're now on our shelf :-D

« previous 1 3 4