I loved reading these YA books in the 70's or 80's! discussion

Reading > Do you read more than one book at a time?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri S. (new)

Sheri S. (sheaxma) | 88 comments Mod
No, I can only read one book at a time! I don't know how people read more than one!! Doesn't it get confusing trying to keep separate the different characters and plotlines of each book?!?!? The most I've ever done, and only a couple of times, is start a book, then if another book came along, like a new release that I just HAD to read right away, I would put the first book aside, read the new one, then when I finished, go back and read the first one! But, I don't even like doing that because by then I've forgotten what the first one was about!!!!

message 2: by Amy B (new)

Amy B (amydawn96) I TRY not to read more than one book but sometimes I find myself reading 2. No more than 2 though.

message 3: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 1 comments I usually read several books at once. IF a story gets really interesting I might read that one more frequently. It really depends on the mood I'm in.

message 4: by Tara (last edited Nov 07, 2010 05:18PM) (new)

Tara | 10 comments I do read more than one... actually I read/listen to 4 at a time. I have one upstairs for before bed, one downstairs for any little moments I can steal to read and this is the book I take with me to doctor's appts etc.
I have an audiobook for the car (my work requires me to drive a decent bit) and one for the office to play while I get some work done.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellemyhill) Sometimes, I'd rather not, but I am right now! Lol!

message 6: by Amy B (new)

Amy B (amydawn96) Whenever I have two books going, I tell myself, "Okay, after this only one book at a time." LOL, but I never stick with it.

message 7: by April (new)

April (flipflop1117) Thanks for the group invite, Sheri :) I usually find myself reading at least 2, if not more books at one time. Sometimes I am in the mood for something heavy, or other times something light... and what I read before bed influences my dreams so I try and read the light ones before bed LOL

message 8: by Debi (new)

Debi (debjm51) Sometime I find myself reading 3 at a time but once 1 of the 3 books grabs me I put the other 2 down and then go back to them when I am done with number 3!! LOL! Oh I also listen to one to two a week depending on how long they are..smiles.

message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie I often have 3-5 books going at any time. One for travel/errand down time. One or two for evening reads. And usually a study or other nonfiction book.

message 10: by Sheri S. (new)

Sheri S. (sheaxma) | 88 comments Mod
Wow, Jamie, very admiring! I don't even know how you do that! I currently have 4 books on my "currently reading" list but I am not really reading them at the same time, only one actively. I have put the others aside to start a different book and now that it's been so long since I have read them, I can't recall much about them!!!

message 11: by Louie (new)

Louie | 26 comments I love to read only one book at a time, but I often find myself reading two or more books at once. Like right now, when I am reading a 500 page book and a 200 page book at the same time.