SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead/Expired Threads > Add/Remove Requests (for database)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29108 comments Things are getting crowded over in the Q&A thread, so here's a clean spot to list anything you'd like to suggest we add and/or remove from the database collection.

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Aug 10, 2010 08:56PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29108 comments Recent Changes to the Database Collection
all based on member input, so don't be scared to speak up, your opinions are welcome!

* Ratings - removed
* Profession - added
* Contemporary Romance Genre - added
* "The" moved to the end of titles (ie: Mage in Black, The) and form edited to request future additions be done that way
* Humans with special abilities - added

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (crazyaboutbooks) | 499 comments Glad to see the ratings are gone.
other then that every thing looks good so far.

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29108 comments Happy to oblige. :)

message 5: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments I'm wondering if we want to change titles starting with "The"...as in put it in parentheses at the end of the title so they're are in alphabetical order without counting articles. Do you think it's necessary?

message 6: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Aug 10, 2010 05:31PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29108 comments Not necessary, but would be helpful, you're right. Or just Highlander's Touch, The.

message 7: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Yeah...the search would be easier...now it's alphabetical, and the "the" section" is rather long....lol...I'll just go ahead and get started on that when I have a few minutes!

message 8: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29108 comments Sounds good. I'll help ya. :)

message 9: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Cool...off to do restaurant shopping now...but back in a bit!

message 10: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29108 comments Me2, well, not restaurant shopping, but grocery shopping. LOL! I'll wk on it later today though. :)

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29108 comments Haven't made it out yet. But, moved "the" to the end of the listed titles.

Also wondering, should we add tag for "human with special abilities"? Examples: Sookie and Croft's ACRO series, I'm sure there are others as well.

message 12: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments It's now time for the BIG summer dance festival in our town...population far more than doubles for 4 days...
check it out... Awa Dance Festival and there are you-tube videos somewhere too!

But our restaurant is kind of smack dab in the center of the dance area so...busy busy busy busy busy!

message 13: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29108 comments Very cool! Or not, depending, I guess. Have fun though! :D

message 14: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23897 comments Good luck Judithe!!

message 15: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Also like the tag for humans with extras (as opposed to the "ordinary" ones already in)...

And thanks for doing that! Finally got all caught up on chatting and went to do that....but ALL DONE! ,
(reminder to self...read all the posts and pay more attention to them!)

message 16: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23897 comments OK added the 'Human with Special Abilities' to the form.

message 17: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29108 comments Thanks, guys! :)