Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

Lost numbers

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

maybe this is old news but i read on the internet that someone entered the Lost numbers into a GPS navigator. It turns out that the numbers are translated into coordinates that lead to an area between sydney and Los angeles. i am sure this is old news but i just wanted to share that with everyone. If i see anymore strange ideas about Lost i will report them

message 2: by Rauf (new)

Rauf I've never heard of that....

So they came from The Third Policeman and the coordinates?

message 3: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
In The Third Policeman, there is a point in which one of the police inputs numbers into a keypad... but the numbers are different every time, or so I was led to believe... and once the numbers were inputted, whatever it was that you desired appeared in a magic box in a wall....
There is also another part where the 'readings get to high' and the policemen have to enter something in order to reset or release something in order to get the readings back to normal.

I heard the same about the GPS thing, and now, im not the best with my geography and maps and all, but isnt that too many numbers for longitude and latitudes?

message 4: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments I thouhgt the numbers were a mathematical sequence...

message 5: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 25 comments The numbers have been explained, but you have to really search for them. I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Spoil! Spoil! Please!

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Oh, maybe I shouldn't look.......

message 9: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 25 comments Thanks Logan.

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Thank you!

message 11: by Emma (last edited Jul 08, 2008 12:00PM) (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Oh. My. God. That is soo Jack! If Jack isn't involved in this, I don't know who is.

message 12: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

That explanation doesnt exist outside the show tho. And in truth, only really thru the Lost Experience.. which upsets me since most people didnt participate in it, we seem to be left in the dark on alot of things. grrr....

message 13: by Emma (last edited Jul 08, 2008 12:06PM) (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Curse you Lost! That video seems to support the Jack theory.

message 14: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 25 comments Yeah, the lost experience is such a big part of the show that most people dont have the slightest idea about. i started late, but you can still find most the info and vidoes now. I think the lost experience makes the show that much better. Like I said on a dif. post, my favorite video is Rachel Blake at Comic Con 2007. It doesn't give much info, but it really shows you what the lost experience is about.

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Just found something out! I might be the most oblivous person in the world (and that could be true) but I found out what Dharma means! I was at Yoga class, and aparently, it means spirtual disipline.

message 16: by Rauf (new)

Rauf
The end of humanity?

Why, what? When??

message 17: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) whoa! end of humanity!? that's kinda confusing though, and the GPS thing? weird.

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Hey Allie! Wow! You like Lost?

message 19: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) yup. not as much as my sister, who's obsessed, but i like it too, and am here to get ideas then tell her them so she can go discuss them for hours with her friend.

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Haha! Well thats cool, gotta love Lost!

message 21: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

An awesome xmas gift for the Lost Lover in your life - Dharma Initiative Clock -

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/dha...

message 22: by Nika (new)

Nika | 2 comments I don't know if anyone else realized this but the numbers are also to be seen on Veronica Mars. Unless I'm mistaken.