What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Count
This topic is about The Count
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Vampire places ad in paper for a surrogate to have his child [s]

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (xmaybe) | 6 comments So I'm trying to track down this book for someone, and this is all of what she can remember of the book!

I'm desperate to find out what this is as it's got my curiosity piqued! Even if it does sound a little cheesy lol

Oh, and apparently it could be about ten years old.

... he's a count, living in a castle - in Romania!

... he is lonely - and desperately wants a baby - but has given up on love!

... he puts out an ad - and it's answered by a girl who's, well, desperate. Since she has absolutely no reason left to live, she responds to his ad ... I mean, she's got nothing to lose ... right??

... there's a contract ... she'll sleep with him until a baby is conceived, then spend 9 months luxuriating in - err - pregnant bliss (?) in his castle, have the baby, then take her payment and leave ... she won't have any claims over the baby ...

... turns out the castle is haunted ... by ALL his former wives ... and she's alone with them :o There may be 13, but this could merely be a figment of my imagination ;)

... and here's the worst part - she totally falls smack on her face for Sexy Count Vampire - who, of course, is not actually the rampaging monster of legend, but a lonely man who wants nothing more than a baby of his own.

... oh yeah, I've just remembered that he's cursed ... and it has something to do with why there are so many dead wives and no baby ... and why he wants the whole *thing* to be - well - as impersonal as conceiving a child and taking care of the pregnant woman can ever possibly be

... and, of course, there's a villain! You totally didn't see that coming, did you? :P He's possibly to blame for the curse, wanting Sexy Count Vampire's line to die out for reasons of VenGeaNcE ... maybe. Okay, I don't know ... he might have other reasons ... vengeance just makes everything exciting, though, doesn't it?! *grin*

M— | 379 comments Darn it, I don't know what book this is but I want to read it.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I second that M-- I too want to read this book

MB (What she read) | 136 comments Oh, me too!

Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac, | 258 comments cool! when this book's title is known, tell me! i want to read it too!

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Goge wrote: "cool! when this book's title is known, tell me! i want to read it too!"

Goge, You can follow this thread so you don't miss the book when it's found. Just click on the "email me when people comment" link.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
lol, well, there certainly are a lot of us now who want this book. Maybe that's a good thing, more people looking for it for you. :o)

message 8: by Fullfaun (new)

Fullfaun Faun I am reading the Dark Ones series from katie MacAlister rght now. I don't know if it is part of her Vampire series.

She has 3 series going right now.
Croching Vampire, hidden fang is really different than the First book in teh Dark Ones series. I haven't read the other 2 series yet. So it is possible.

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth (xmaybe) | 6 comments Thanks Fullfaun, but unfortunately none of those are 'the' book. But thanks for highlighting her books, I'm adding a couple to my TBR pile now! :D

message 10: by Fullfaun (new)

Fullfaun Faun You are welcome. For some reason I am finding a lot of Vampire books right now. But is this a romance novel or fantasy with dark mystery?

message 11: by Daisy (new) - added it

Daisy | 63 comments I'm guessing it's both

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth (xmaybe) | 6 comments Fullfaun wrote: "You are welcome. For some reason I am finding a lot of Vampire books right now. But is this a romance novel or fantasy with dark mystery?"

I'm not too sure as I've never read it, but I think it might be a bit of both.

message 13: by Daisy (new) - added it

Daisy | 63 comments OMG! I want to find this booK!

MB (What she read) | 136 comments Was it set present-day or as a historical?

message 15: by Beth (new)

Beth (xmaybe) | 6 comments MB wrote: "Was it set present-day or as a historical?"

From what I understand it's present day

message 16: by Beth (new)

Beth (xmaybe) | 6 comments Hey guys! They found out what book it was!

The Count by Helena Dela

Looks like it's out of print, but eBay and Amazon have a couple of copies available second hand. Turns out it has nothing to do with vampires, but still looks pretty good!

message 17: by M— (new) - rated it 4 stars

M— | 379 comments Oh, how fabulous! Thanks so much for coming back with the title!

It looks like a couple of copies are also up on BookMooch, jsayk.

message 18: by Beth (new)

Beth (xmaybe) | 6 comments Thanks M! I've never used Book Mooch before, I'll have to check it out! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Count (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Helena Dela (other topics)