Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

HEA in Literature > I need a good tear-jerker....any rec's?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aimee (last edited Jul 14, 2010 03:29PM) (new)

Aimee (facere323) | 9 comments I'm in the mood for a good cry. I've been on the prowl for a romance with an intense emotional undertone. Preferably contemporary or Romantic Suspense. But I'm not really picky about that either. As long as it has a happy ending and the tears go away! Does anyone have any rec's?

message 2: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Jude Deveraux's A Knight in Shining Armor (historical/contemporary time travel)
Megan Hart's Broken (contemporary erotica)
Robin Schone's The Lady's Tutor (Victorian erotica)
Shiloh Walker's Fragile (RS)
Shiloh Walker's Broken (RS)
JR Ward's Lover Awakened (PNR)
Sarah McCarty's Promises Linger (Historical western)
Sarah McCarty's Promises Prevail (Historical western)
Judith McNaught's A Kingdom of Dreams (medieval)
Lisa Marie Rice's Midnight Angel (RS)

All of these had me crying at some point or other. Good books like are really hard to come across I find.

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Aimee wrote: "I'm in the mood for a good cry. I've been on the prowl for a romance with an intense emotional undertone. Preferably contemporary or Romantic Suspense. But I'm not really picky about that either..."

Biggest terk jerker ever... Linda Howard's Cry No More

message 4: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 100 comments Ironically titled-- Cry No More by Linda Howard will have you weeping buckets!:) And it's a wonderful book.

message 5: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments Aimee, it's not RS, but a HR that I cried constantly while reading was Whitney, My Love.

message 6: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Oh yes, Howard's "Cry No More" is a kleenex-fest.

I cried too at the reissue for "Whitney My Love" :)

message 7: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (facere323) | 9 comments Cry No More was one of my faves. I had a mini nervous breakdown for approx. the last 50 pages. I'm looking up Whitney My Love right now. Thanks, everybody. If you think of any others, please feel free to let me know! I'm always up for a good tear-jerker.

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments Be sure you get the special edition of Whitney, not the original. The SE was released in like 1994 or something like that.

message 9: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (facere323) | 9 comments Good to know. Thanks!

message 10: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments You're welcome. When they did the special edition about 170 pages were added and some lovely traditions from A Kingdom of Dreams are shared in Whitney.

message 11: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (facere323) | 9 comments I guess I should probably read A Kingdom of Dreams first, then?

message 12: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments Ummm.... Whitney takes place 8 generations after A Kingdom of Dreams, so you don't have to.

But if you ever want another tear jerker, read Kingdom. Royce Westmoreland is one of my top ten heroes ever.

message 13: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments Oh, and Kingdom isn't the emotional roller coaster that Whitney is.

message 14: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (facere323) | 9 comments I added Whitney to my Nook wishlist. I'll add Kingdom, too. Thanks again!

message 15: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments You're welcome! I reviewed both, if you're interested, but there are probably spoilers. I hope you love them :)

message 16: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Trying to remember more tear jerkers...

Finding Mary Blaine by Jodi Thomas
On Wings of Love by Becky Barker
Some of Sharon Sala's or Catherine Anderson's

That's all I can think of at the moment....

message 17: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (facere323) | 9 comments I read Comanche Moon by Catherine Anderson. That was a good "cry book" too. I didn't even think about the next one in that series! ::jumps on over to reserve Comanche Heart:: Thanks!

message 18: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Aimee wrote: "I read Comanche Moon by Catherine Anderson. That was a good "cry book" too. I didn't even think about the next one in that series! ::jumps on over to reserve Comanche Heart:: Thanks!"

I didn't like Comanche Heart as much as Comanche Moon but I have Indigo Blue to read in the next few days.

message 19: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (facere323) | 9 comments I saw Indigo Blue at WalMart the other day and almost picked it up. I'll have to see what you think of it.